Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Red to green – let the cager go first.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All you Fiero F2 guys pls answer my questions

    1. What is the top speed you have achieved on the ODO in your Fiero F2?

    2. How much distance have you covered on one taking breaks at several places and how did your bike respond to that journey?

    Pls answers these questions and give me suggestions for long distance journey say above 200km

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jonahmano View Post
      1. What is the top speed you have achieved on the ODO in your Fiero F2?

      2. How much distance have you covered on one taking breaks at several places and how did your bike respond to that journey?

      Pls answers these questions and give me suggestions for long distance journey say above 200km
      my one is not f2
      top speed:120
      kms coverd the last trip erode-kumbukonam (Temple visit) 750kms 2 days travel
      suggestions:have a tool kit & a spark plug with u

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jonahmano View Post
        1. What is the top speed you have achieved on the ODO in your Fiero F2?

        2. How much distance have you covered on one taking breaks at several places and how did your bike respond to that journey?

        Pls answers these questions and give me suggestions for long distance journey say above 200km
        I have a 2004 Fiero F2. I have done only one so called long distance trip on it, that was about 200kms.total.
        The top speed of the bike is 100kmph, but you may see something slightly more than that on the speedo due to error.
        In those days when the bike was pretty young, (now it is around 51K on the odo) I remember seeing a top whack of 112.5 but the engine was sounding as though it would burst at any moment!
        To be frank, this is not a good highway bike-it is 4 geared&primarily meant for city commuting.
        If you do take it on a tour, keep it in 70-80kmph cruising range (depends on your bike's engine condition)&you can have short speed bursts of upto 90-100kmph too. Give the engine a break for 5-10 minutes every hour or so.
        On the reliability front, nothing has failed since I got the bike, but to be on the safe side, carry the tool kit, both cables&an extra spark plug with you.
        All the best!
        Quench my thirst with gasoline!

        Comment


        • i do stunts mostly wheelies, i am not so good at it so practice for 1 hour daily
          my problem is that after trying wheelies my fiero shuts down and takes many tries to start

          can any one help me please
          FAQs-RTR owners

          For me its never been nor will ever be my DL, For me its always been and will always remain my RL {Riding License}

          I confess that I ♥ :
          *Being ogled at while waiting
          for lights to turn green
          *Fielding queries from massed onlookers
          *Pushing dream bikes to their limits
          *Blasting past slowpokes
          *Hoiking the front wheel
          *Scraping a knee around corners

          Comment


          • Battery voltage output help

            Can anyone who has a self start model Fiero/F2 give me the battery voltage output readings when the bike is switched on&on accelarating?
            I think my bike's battery is getting overcharged-it shows 14.9V when the engine is on&around 16-17V on accelarating. I may need to get the regulator/rectifier replaced.
            Quench my thirst with gasoline!

            Comment


            • Hi, Guys Journey Done

              Hi Guys,

              This was first long trip after getting this second hand bike and altogether it was 220 km I suppose

              And it was testing time of this bike's capabilities (as second hand) and I wanted to know whether it was worthy.

              Top Speed attained was 100 kmph and didn't try more than that because I think I was against the wind.

              The roads were zigzag and with lots of up and downs and kept the cruising speed at 65-70 and the bike was responding in different manner at several times ( I mean smoothness)

              Mileage was worst it gave only 38 at one point and second time when I put 1 litre for last 50 kms it gave me 43


              I kept spark plug as you people said but nothing happened and bike didn't even stop in the middle.

              This one was climbing terrains at 60 with ease in 4th gear


              Overall satisifed with money invested on this second hand one.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by remortr View Post
                if u want more bright means u have to increase the watts so u must modify the powercoil with out modifying th coil other works are just eye wash
                hi man didnt do the mods yet. Am realaly busy now. Thats y not seeing me on x bhp now a days. I really mean to say that not even able to do the routine service. And i am really sad that my milage now dropped to 30 km. i realy feel sad about it. Fuel price is going up and milageis going down. And local children made my petrol tank a blackboard and learned A B C D on it. I m in search of Fiero tank stickers now and planning to do all the stuff togather. Will update you guys. Remo get well soon k.. Do evthing safe .....

                Vinoop

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                  Can anyone who has a self start model Fiero/F2 give me the battery voltage output readings when the bike is switched on&on accelarating?
                  I think my bike's battery is getting overcharged-it shows 14.9V when the engine is on&around 16-17V on accelarating. I may need to get the regulator/rectifier replaced.
                  bro pls check the voltage after and before turning head lamp on,if its still 16-17V on accelerating means the regulator kaput replace it

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by vinoopfredy View Post
                    hi man didnt do the mods yet. Am realaly busy now. Thats y not seeing me on x bhp now a days. I really mean to say that not even able to do the routine service. And i am really sad that my milage now dropped to 30 km. i realy feel sad about it. Fuel price is going up and milageis going down. And local children made my petrol tank a blackboard and learned A B C D on it. I m in search of Fiero tank stickers now and planning to do all the stuff togather. Will update you guys. Remo get well soon k.. Do evthing safe .....

                    Vinoop
                    hi vinoopfredy i am back to pavilion but some pain remains.u r millage was 30 km pls check the crab for any leakage,how about u r silencer ? if ur cylinder kit is bored? if yes how many times ,if no how much kms u covered totally after fitting a new cylinder kit? is the pick up is ok? see pic it will help u .

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by remortr View Post
                      hi vinoopfredy i am back to pavilion but some pain remains.u r millage was 30 km pls check the crab for any leakage,how about u r silencer ? if ur cylinder kit is bored? if yes how many times ,if no how much kms u covered totally after fitting a new cylinder kit? is the pick up is ok? see pic it will help u .

                      hi dear. My engine is a virgin one. No reboring done. Done 62k km. i got a 50km milage on my test yesterday. I think it is because of the fuel quality. I have a habit of filling from different pumps. Its high time to change it. I found a nice pump. Now am on a second round milage check. pickup is okey.infact extreme. I think i have to change clutch plates now. I replaced them 1 year back when the odo clocked 51000. New one didnt run much. just 11000 km. will be checking the engine after this mialge check. bad fuel might have ruined her engine .

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by remortr View Post
                        bro pls check the voltage after and before turning head lamp on,if its still 16-17V on accelerating means the regulator kaput replace it

                        Thanks for the input. I had been to the battery shop yesterday&asked him to check the voltage with following conditions:
                        1. Engine off
                        Result: Perfect 12.3V as the battery is brand new.

                        2. Engine on, headlight off, accelarating steadily
                        Result: Voltage goes upto 15.5V or thereabouts. He felt the regulator is not doing its job, since it should be cutting out at about 14.2V or so.

                        3. Engine on, headlight on, accelarating steadily
                        Result (this is where the catch lies): Voltage steady at 14.2V!

                        Checked again with the headlight off&accelarating, voltage again went upto 15.5V. I am puzzled&so is the battery shop guy.

                        So what could this be, according to you?
                        Last edited by Sarvajit; 03-18-2010, 12:16 PM.
                        Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                          Thanks for the input. I had been to the battery shop yesterday&asked him to check the voltage with following conditions:
                          1. Engine off
                          Result: Perfect 12.3V as the battery is brand new.

                          2. Engine on, headlight off, accelarating steadily
                          Result: Voltage goes upto 15.5V or thereabouts. He felt the regulator is not doing its job, since it should be cutting out at about 14.2V or so.

                          3. Engine on, headlight on, accelarating steadily
                          Result (this is where the catch lies): Voltage steady at 14.2V!

                          Checked again with the headlight off&accelarating, voltage again went upto 15.5V. I am puzzled&so is the battery shop guy.

                          So what could this be, according to you?
                          nothing to worry when the voltage is around 15 just leave it and enjoy riding

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by remortr View Post
                            nothing to worry when the voltage is around 15 just leave it and enjoy riding
                            Are you sure all is well buddy? Since I read the manual that came alongwith the battery&it also mentions if charging voltage is going above 14.2+or-0.1V, it will lead to premature failure of the battery!
                            The battery shop guy also says it should not be more than 14.2V in any case.
                            Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                              Are you sure all is well buddy? Since I read the manual that came alongwith the battery&it also mentions if charging voltage is going above 14.2+or-0.1V, it will lead to premature failure of the battery!
                              The battery shop guy also says it should not be more than 14.2V in any case.
                              leave that Bro their is no much difference between 14.2 & 15 ok... and u keep one thing in mind u r accelerating with out load (in neutral)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by remortr View Post
                                leave that Bro their is no much difference between 14.2 & 15 ok... and u keep one thing in mind u r accelerating with out load (in neutral)
                                I think you are right...according to this article (the same apparatus was used for testing yesterday), the findings are correct.
                                http://www.tradervar.com/KAL4780.pdf
                                Please confirm for the last time-I'm getting upto 15.5V without load&14.2 with load but the difference is I'm not using the load button, rather switching on the headlight to take load.
                                Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X