Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Squeeze that brake, don’t grat a handful.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heres mine. Posting it here coz its based on the same fiero stroke. It takes a lot of work to get it to perform like this. Strong pull from bottom all the way to top end and will out accelerate a stock rd350LT. True speed will be around 150kph. Not enough room on the Kari track straight to hit topspeed in the video (that will be in excess of 160kph on the meter). Will do a proper Vbox test and video of that soon.

    YouTube - Ghost Apache Test @ Kari Motor Speedway Coimbatore
    Last edited by Killer; 11-05-2010, 11:07 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/sameer.venugopalan
    www.youtube.com/killer

    Comment


    • wow killer...

      i would love to ride such a bike...
      but clear 1 last doubt, does your apache really really doesn't have a revv limiter ??

      if again that's the case, then why should i get it removed by installing a different Cdi/Tci ??
      all I'll get is a bit more power until say 8500 rpm...

      so i don't think its worth to make the engine revv to 12k..
      all i can do it make the gearing a bit more taller....

      and killer, can you please explain the custom ignition part, what does it mean ??
      Giving a lot to a fiero.
      Expecting a lot from a fiero.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by velociraptor13 View Post
        Just a thought crossed my mind,i have a unicorn.Right now i am running on the bs 29 carb(from the pulsar 200) upjetted to 115(stock was 110).But i had issues connecting the throttle positioning sensor(dont know if i am right,the sensor or pickup that is connected to the throttle valve of the cv carb).Assuming the unicorn cuts of at 8000rpm(dont know if its right,need to be verified),the other day while going to nashik,my bike crossed 8000rpm without the rev limiter cutting in).Dont know if the theory is right,just my ten cents
        Unicorn has its rev-limiter cutting in at 9,500 RPM .
        Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

        Comment


        • @Nanotech
          As bprags, psr and killer have told .There is a one word answer to both your posts.The word is :-

          PEAK

          Peak [email protected],500rpm ?

          Peak [email protected],500rpm ?

          Hope that gives you an idea.

          All the bikes in india with a digital ignition have rev-limiters including the ones from TVS.
          Why not r15? maybe japanese are cautious?

          Apache/RTR series are the only bikes in india which don't have a rev-limiter and what does it say? It shows the kind of confidence TVS engineers have in the engine design and it's capability!!!! The rev-limiter is there for a reason,which is to stop the mechanicals of the engine getting damaged when pushed beyond their limits.So this once again shows the robustness , the capability of the RTR mill to take some serious modifications/tuning and still perform without breaking down!!!! Hence the lack of a rev-limiter !!!!
          The RTR 's are truly bikes designed on track,de-tuned and let loose on the roads !!!!

          TVS surely follow what Soichiro honda believed ,which is to RACE ON SUNDAY ,SELL ON MONDAY !

          See what killer and Joel have done,need i say more?

          Anand
          Last edited by gixxer_junkie_m; 11-05-2010, 05:40 PM.
          Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
            @Nanotech
            As bprags, psr and killer have told .There is a one word answer to both your posts.The word is :-

            PEAK

            Peak [email protected],500rpm ?

            Peak [email protected],500rpm ?

            Hope that gives you an idea.

            All the bikes in india with a digital ignition have rev-limiters including the ones from TVS.
            Why not r15? maybe japanese are cautious?

            Apache/RTR series are the only bikes in india which don't have a rev-limiter and what does it say? It shows the kind of confidence TVS engineers have in the engine design and it's capability!!!! The rev-limiter is there for a reason,which is to stop the mechanicals of the engine getting damaged when pushed beyond their limits.So this once again shows the robustness , the capability of the RTR mill to take some serious modifications/tuning and still perform without breaking down!!!! Hence the lack of a rev-limiter !!!!
            The RTR 's are truly bikes designed on track,de-tuned and let loose on the roads !!!!

            TVS surely follow what Soichiro honda believed ,which is to RACE ON SUNDAY ,SELL ON MONDAY !

            See what killer and Joel have done,need i say more?

            Anand
            well said as for hmsi it shoud be,commute to office on weekdays,vegetable shopping on sundays
            Socha Toh Locha.

            Comment


            • fine i get the point.

              lets not expect toooooo much from a machine to give.
              i had this in mind as when i was riding at 100, it felt as i was riding at 70 with the stock engine, so as the stock engine makes you feel that the bike is performing at its very very peak at 100, this new bore felt that that fully opened up feeling is a long long way to go....
              hence all this query raised, and forgive me to act stupid if i did so....

              i do understand that it cannot produce more power, but all i was expecting was to uncover the potential this bike is giving currently....


              lets keep it aside, i will not do anything to the limiter.
              i am more than satisfied with dual HID's and a powerful fiero already, i was just being greedy.
              i forgot that i can still outrun most of the bikes in the country, specially with a 47kg of body weight

              as an update, let me say, the engine is turned smoothest so far.
              i believe all the time required for the engine to settle down comes to an end.
              now i feel good pull all the way from 0 to whatever.

              i wanted to ask you guys something more.
              my old block (with piston and rings) which is run only 6000 kms and my old carb (with some leakage) run for last 56k kms is kept with me.
              a mech is asking me to give it to him, as he bought a fiero classic recently.

              i told him that i won't give it to you just for free (however i didn't even seriously think of selling it)
              i thought i'll keep it safe with me and later when i grow old, i'll have a specimen to show to my grandchildren that in our times 150cc was considered powerful and i made my bike 180cc which was uncontrollably powerful and so on.....

              however the mech wants to buy it now.
              he said he's ready to pay....

              so my question is that what price should i expect ??
              considering the fact that my block and piston is almost new run for just 6000 kms as (block was bored, piston was new)

              i feel to ask for 2000 bucks, as i wish to install a K&N with that money.
              but will it be too much to ask or too less ??
              the price is including everything, block piston and the carb too.

              and lastly should i really sell it ??
              will i need it in any way later ??
              let me know.

              i haven't quoted any price as of now...
              Giving a lot to a fiero.
              Expecting a lot from a fiero.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                fine i get the point.

                lets not expect toooooo much from a machine to give.
                i had this in mind as when i was riding at 100, it felt as i was riding at 70 with the stock engine, so as the stock engine makes you feel that the bike is performing at its very very peak at 100, this new bore felt that that fully opened up feeling is a long long way to go....
                hence all this query raised, and forgive me to act stupid if i did so....

                i do understand that it cannot produce more power, but all i was expecting was to uncover the potential this bike is giving currently....


                lets keep it aside, i will not do anything to the limiter.
                i am more than satisfied with dual HID's and a powerful fiero already, i was just being greedy.
                i forgot that i can still outrun most of the bikes in the country, specially with a 47kg of body weight

                as an update, let me say, the engine is turned smoothest so far.
                i believe all the time required for the engine to settle down comes to an end.
                now i feel good pull all the way from 0 to whatever.

                i wanted to ask you guys something more.
                my old block (with piston and rings) which is run only 6000 kms and my old carb (with some leakage) run for last 56k kms is kept with me.
                a mech is asking me to give it to him, as he bought a fiero classic recently.

                i told him that i won't give it to you just for free (however i didn't even seriously think of selling it)
                i thought i'll keep it safe with me and later when i grow old, i'll have a specimen to show to my grandchildren that in our times 150cc was considered powerful and i made my bike 180cc which was uncontrollably powerful and so on.....

                however the mech wants to buy it now.
                he said he's ready to pay....

                so my question is that what price should i expect ??
                considering the fact that my block and piston is almost new run for just 6000 kms as (block was bored, piston was new)

                i feel to ask for 2000 bucks, as i wish to install a K&N with that money.
                but will it be too much to ask or too less ??
                the price is including everything, block piston and the carb too.

                and lastly should i really sell it ??
                will i need it in any way later ??
                let me know.

                i haven't quoted any price as of now...
                better kept it,if ever you would have to revert back at near future,assuming you will not be selling of your bike(i am sure u wont)
                Socha Toh Locha.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                  fine i get the point.

                  lets not expect toooooo much from a machine to give.
                  i had this in mind as when i was riding at 100, it felt as i was riding at 70 with the stock engine, so as the stock engine makes you feel that the bike is performing at its very very peak at 100, this new bore felt that that fully opened up feeling is a long long way to go....
                  hence all this query raised, and forgive me to act stupid if i did so....

                  i do understand that it cannot produce more power, but all i was expecting was to uncover the potential this bike is giving currently....


                  lets keep it aside, i will not do anything to the limiter.
                  i am more than satisfied with dual HID's and a powerful fiero already, i was just being greedy.
                  i forgot that i can still outrun most of the bikes in the country, specially with a 47kg of body weight

                  as an update, let me say, the engine is turned smoothest so far.
                  i believe all the time required for the engine to settle down comes to an end.
                  now i feel good pull all the way from 0 to whatever.

                  i wanted to ask you guys something more.
                  my old block (with piston and rings) which is run only 6000 kms and my old carb (with some leakage) run for last 56k kms is kept with me.
                  a mech is asking me to give it to him, as he bought a fiero classic recently.

                  i told him that i won't give it to you just for free (however i didn't even seriously think of selling it)
                  i thought i'll keep it safe with me and later when i grow old, i'll have a specimen to show to my grandchildren that in our times 150cc was considered powerful and i made my bike 180cc which was uncontrollably powerful and so on.....

                  however the mech wants to buy it now.
                  he said he's ready to pay....

                  so my question is that what price should i expect ??
                  considering the fact that my block and piston is almost new run for just 6000 kms as (block was bored, piston was new)

                  i feel to ask for 2000 bucks, as i wish to install a K&N with that money.
                  but will it be too much to ask or too less ??
                  the price is including everything, block piston and the carb too.

                  and lastly should i really sell it ??
                  will i need it in any way later ??
                  let me know.

                  i haven't quoted any price as of now...
                  any more ideas ??
                  Giving a lot to a fiero.
                  Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                  Comment


                  • IMHO, sell it off.

                    Reasons:
                    1. You are not going to use it in near future (I dont think so because of the power upgrade that you already have & would not like to downgrade to 150cc again ).
                    2. You know the condition of your block,it has cracked at a place or two.
                    3. Mom will be behind your back to throw it off, everytime she cleans the house & one fine day she might give it off to Kabadiwala.
                    4. You can then get K&N as suggested & enjoy little performance.
                    5. Rs.2700/- you get new block & piston so Rs.2000/- will be little steep.
                    6. Carb is costly, so think wise before giving it.Ideally you should get around Rs.1500-2000 for that.

                    Ps. I am a Gujju & think on the point of profit


                    Vishal
                    Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
                      IMHO, sell it off.

                      Reasons:
                      1. You are not going to use it in near future (I dont think so because of the power upgrade that you already have & would not like to downgrade to 150cc again ).
                      2. You know the condition of your block,it has cracked at a place or two.
                      3. Mom will be behind your back to throw it off, everytime she cleans the house & one fine day she might give it off to Kabadiwala.
                      4. You can then get K&N as suggested & enjoy little performance.
                      5. Rs.2700/- you get new block & piston so Rs.2000/- will be little steep.
                      6. Carb is costly, so think wise before giving it.Ideally you should get around Rs.1500-2000 for that.

                      Ps. I am a Gujju & think on the point of profit


                      Vishal
                      i was quoting 2000 for both.
                      the block piston kit + the carb too.
                      now shall i consider 3000 ??

                      if i don't get the k & n from whatever money comes in i won't sell it....

                      let me tell him when he calls later..

                      besides, why is this thread dead ???
                      Giving a lot to a fiero.
                      Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                      Comment


                      • A used/stolen carb can be bought for 600 bucks.The 29mm one you bought costs 800 bucks.

                        The bore plus the head usually costs 2000 bucks,that is if it's in good condition.
                        In fact i was offered a fiero bore which had it's sleeve rusted a bit as it had been lying around from some time for 250 bucks.Think about it,that's what mechs do they buy it cheap like that and a piston kit costs about 500 bucks.Then they get the sleeve honed and sell it to the customer as a fiero bore-kit for 3000 bucks.
                        Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                        Comment


                        • Friends ,today i got the TCI/IDI unit of the RTR180 along with it's ignition coil installed.I bought it from the TVS showroom so it cost a bit more,it cost me 710 bucks plus 500 rs for the ignition coil.

                          Interestingly the TCI unit is a new model with changed curves,that is, the latest versions of the RTR180's are coming with it.I had no idea about it,but i was told that this is a new one with modified mappings.

                          I have ridden about 15 kms so far ,within the city limits and let me make this clear at the outset.There's no difference in performance what so ever.

                          The benefits might be a increase in milage,which i never check any way.But that will be there for sure.

                          The benefit is that it has no rev-limiter and that's what i wanted.It is cheaper than our CDI which is firstly not available anymore and if it is sourced from TVS ,which might literally take months,it costs 4000 Rs or more. So , as i said before ,in case of any issues with your CDI or if it's stolen ,then it would make sense in going for the TCI unit.

                          Now the jetting has to be done all over again ,as the whole ignition system has been changed and at present i have put the 110 size main-jet .So the whole process has to be re-done.The set up has become DC by the way.

                          The labor for the conversion and installation was 150 bucks and was done by the same mech who has worked on Bprags bike.It was done at ZEN TVS .
                          Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                            Friends ,today i got the TCI/IDI unit of the RTR180 along with it's ignition coil installed.I bought it from the TVS showroom so it cost a bit more,it cost me 710 bucks plus 500 rs for the ignition coil.

                            Interestingly the TCI unit is a new model with changed curves,that is, the latest versions of the RTR180's are coming with it.I had no idea about it,but i was told that this is a new one with modified mappings.

                            I have ridden about 15 kms so far ,within the city limits and let me make this clear at the outset.There's no difference in performance what so ever.

                            The benefits might be a increase in milage,which i never check any way.But that will be there for sure.

                            The benefit is that it has no rev-limiter and that's what i wanted.It is cheaper than our CDI which is firstly not available anymore and if it is sourced from TVS ,which might literally take months,it costs 4000 Rs or more. So , as i said before ,in case of any issues with your CDI or if it's stolen ,then it would make sense in going for the TCI unit.

                            Now the jetting has to be done all over again ,as the whole ignition system has been changed and at present i have put the 110 size main-jet .So the whole process has to be re-done.The set up has become DC by the way.

                            The labor for the conversion and installation was 150 bucks and was done by the same mech who has worked on Bprags bike.It was done at ZEN TVS .
                            Another pocket friendly mod from you ...You must use 125 size main jet and 20 pilot jet.This is as per recommendation for a RTR 180.Since your bike is more than 180cc,you must use at least the recommended size if not more.If you don't your bike will starve .The IDI is known for reliable ignition of lower AF ratios,and is actually helping you now.Use the recommended size jets and post your observations.
                            When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                            Comment


                            • @psr - out of curiosity, where do you get a 20 pilot jet?
                              http://www.facebook.com/sameer.venugopalan
                              www.youtube.com/killer

                              Comment


                              • Re: Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

                                @Killer: 20 pilots come on shogun and KB100. Used to buy them for 45 each in Bajaj showrooms.

                                Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
                                Yamaha RX165 5-Speed
                                Yamaha RD350
                                HH Karizma
                                Honda NSR150SP

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X