Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    How many of you face road rage while out on your bike.
    In some countries people hate bikers and in some countries bikers hate each other.
    I want a world where all could live in peace and harmony and obey the rules.

    Let me give a little brief of this video.
    I was in the correct side of the road stuck on a long Red Light.
    Where this food delivery guy (read pizza delivery) comes in from the wrong side and started ordering me to move.
    Since I did not want any confrontation I did.

    I understand that there is traffic and some people are in a hurry but you cannot just shout at people for keeping their position on a Red light. That on top of being on the wrong side of the road.

    Watch the video for yourself.

    PS: the guy was shouting in a local language and I don't know it so well. Sorry for the bad initial commentary. I had a fever while editing this video.
    Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
    Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
    TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
    TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
    KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

    Comment


    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

      Originally posted by Gollum View Post

      PS: the guy was shouting in a local language and I don't know it so well. Sorry for the bad initial commentary. I had a fever while editing this video.
      You please take it this way! You have to live with every one, this is India. You cannot correct every individual and this is not your job also. Human tendencies best described in India without words: if you get licence by bribe you will prefer, if you get licence without safety classes you prefer it, if you get to ride without rules you will prefer it, if you like to ride overruling all the rules you will prefer it, if you like to ride without safety of others and yours you will prefer it.

      Reasons: There are no safety, driving or motor riding classes in India.
      Avoid noise pollution. Avoid honking.

      Comment


      • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

        Originally posted by Gollum View Post
        How many of you face road rage while out on your bike.
        In some countries people hate bikers and in some countries bikers hate each other.
        I want a world where all could live in peace and harmony and obey the rules.

        Let me give a little brief of this video.
        I was in the correct side of the road stuck on a long Red Light.
        Where this food delivery guy (read pizza delivery) comes in from the wrong side and started ordering me to move.
        Since I did not want any confrontation I did.

        I understand that there is traffic and some people are in a hurry but you cannot just shout at people for keeping their position on a Red light. That on top of being on the wrong side of the road.

        Watch the video for yourself.

        PS: the guy was shouting in a local language and I don't know it so well. Sorry for the bad initial commentary. I had a fever while editing this video.
        Happens almost daily bro. Worst part is, that guy was behaving as if you are the wrong doer. And the auto guy was supporting him. And if you don't give them way they will intentionally ram you. We have to live and let live. Otherwise only two outcomes are there : jail or hospital.

        Once, I parked on a highway at night, and this 50 y old, healthy man gets down from a bus, walks up to me and asks me for a lift to a nearby place. I politely refused. He keeps asking me, I keep refusing, and then he gets angry and starts abusing me. Finally I lost it, started abusing him badly, and advanced toward him as if to hit him. He finally moves away.

        What was amusing is that this guy was behaving badly even though he was smaller than me, and I could have easily punched him out. My politeness was taken as weakness. [emoji23]
        Last edited by leech; 12-29-2016, 12:07 PM.

        Comment


        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

          Originally posted by mknaidu11 View Post
          You please take it this way! You have to live with every one, this is India. You cannot correct every individual and this is not your job also. Human tendencies best described in India without words: if you get licence by bribe you will prefer, if you get licence without safety classes you prefer it, if you get to ride without rules you will prefer it, if you like to ride overruling all the rules you will prefer it, if you like to ride without safety of others and yours you will prefer it.

          Reasons: There are no safety, driving or motor riding classes in India.
          I have changed my way to dealing with traffic now. Especially when I'm out on my R3. I let everyone pass. Right way or wrong. let them go to hell


          Originally posted by leech View Post
          Happens almost daily bro. Worst part is, that guy was behaving as if you are the wrong doer. And the auto guy was supporting him. And if you don't give them way they will intentionally ram you. We have to live and let live. Otherwise only two outcomes are there : jail or hospital.

          Once, I parked on a highway at night, and this 50 y old, healthy man gets down from a bus, walks up to me and asks me for a lift to a nearby place. I politely refused. He keeps asking me, I keep refusing, and then he gets angry and starts abusing me. Finally I lost it, started abusing him badly, and advanced toward him as if to hit him. He finally moves away.

          What was amusing is that this guy was behaving badly even though he was smaller than me, and I could have easily punched him out. My politeness was taken as weakness. [emoji23]
          Dog eat dog world, But it does not have to be this way.
          Anyway, I hope I do not encounter such morons on the road anymore. Spoils the day.
          Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
          Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
          TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
          TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
          KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

          Comment


          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

            If anyone is interested, here is the service manual for R3. This is not owners manual
            https://www.mediafire.com/?aq8bvi8k4zintdc

            [MENTION=11243]ankit mishra[/MENTION]
            Plz add to the first post.
            Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
            Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
            TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
            TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
            KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

            Comment


            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

              Originally posted by Gollum View Post
              If anyone is interested, here is the service manual for R3. This is not owners manual
              https://www.mediafire.com/?aq8bvi8k4zintdc

              @ankit mishra
              Plz add to the first post.
              Thank you for the PDF.
              Just now noticed about mismatch of the tyre pressure in the service manual/owner's manual against the sticker on the bike itself. Is it because of MRF vs Pilot street?

              Click image for larger version

Name:	20170103_134050.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1945609

              Anyhow I have changed to Pilot street radial of same specs. 140/70. Maybe I can try 36psi? Anyway for our climate in here there is no much significance for cold tires since it's moderately hot most times.

              Also interesting to see engine oil types as per the climate range, even we have higher temps they choose to use 10w40 here.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by JacobJ; 01-03-2017, 03:02 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                2017 Yamaha R3 launched in the USA

                The article says 2017 model will be available in March in the US. Hope all the issues in the current version are fixed up And hope India too will get the updated model soon.
                Last edited by Ayyachamy; 01-03-2017, 03:36 PM.

                Comment


                • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                  they didnt launch the 16 coulour versions in india.. highly doubt they are gonna launch an update with the number of sales r3 is generating..

                  Comment


                  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                    Originally posted by Gollum View Post
                    If anyone is interested, here is the service manual for R3. This is not owners manual
                    https://www.mediafire.com/?aq8bvi8k4zintdc

                    @ankit mishra
                    Plz add to the first post.
                    Have added this to the first post. Thank you for bringing it up.

                    Cheers!
                    VJ
                    Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
                    The girl said, 'NO!'


                    And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


                    THE END

                    Comment


                    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                      Originally posted by Gollum View Post
                      How many of you face road rage while out on your bike.
                      In some countries people hate bikers and in some countries bikers hate each other.
                      I want a world where all could live in peace and harmony and obey the rules.

                      Let me give a little brief of this video.
                      I was in the correct side of the road stuck on a long Red Light.
                      Where this food delivery guy (read pizza delivery) comes in from the wrong side and started ordering me to move.
                      Since I did not want any confrontation I did.

                      I understand that there is traffic and some people are in a hurry but you cannot just shout at people for keeping their position on a Red light. That on top of being on the wrong side of the road.

                      Watch the video for yourself.

                      PS: the guy was shouting in a local language and I don't know it so well. Sorry for the bad initial commentary. I had a fever while editing this video.
                      Some road rages happened in a funny way. One good thing in chennai is wrong doers ask politely. Bangalore is sheer arrogant even I have witnessed. Locals always have the feeling this is my place and you are from other state.
                      In chennai I was waiting in the signal, guy behind me was honking and shouting move front, I turned back and didnt say anything. He keeps honking and traffic cop saw this and came to me. He asked to move little front, it actually pissed me off for a sec and hesitantly moved little front. The guys face was as if he had won a competition. As soon as he turned left another cop catches him for "No Free Left". Everyone watching the scene was laughing
                      https://www.facebook.com/TopCoatDetailersTCD/
                      https://www.instagram.com/topcoat_detailers/

                      Comment


                      • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                        Originally posted by Gollum View Post
                        How many of you face road rage while out on your bike.
                        In some countries people hate bikers and in some countries bikers hate each other.
                        I want a world where all could live in peace and harmony and obey the rules.

                        Let me give a little brief of this video.
                        I was in the correct side of the road stuck on a long Red Light.
                        Where this food delivery guy (read pizza delivery) comes in from the wrong side and started ordering me to move.
                        Since I did not want any confrontation I did.

                        I understand that there is traffic and some people are in a hurry but you cannot just shout at people for keeping their position on a Red light. That on top of being on the wrong side of the road.

                        Watch the video for yourself.

                        PS: the guy was shouting in a local language and I don't know it so well. Sorry for the bad initial commentary. I had a fever while editing this video.
                        I honestly can't keep my cool, I'll get down and clobber him if he pisses me off, soo far hasn't happened, but yeah better to keep calm and let the idiot or squid pass thro. I usually give the idiot who tries to overtake on my the death stare, usually works.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                          Originally posted by bivaash dewan View Post
                          Yeah i decided to go for the 5 continents and im loving it, goes great with the bikes colour too
                          Here's the link to the fender eliminator
                          For YAMAHA YZF R3 YZF R3 2015 2016 R25 YZF R25 2014 2015 Motorcycle Adjustable License Number Plate Frame Holder Bracket-in Covers & Ornamental Mouldings from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
                          Keep in mind you will need to get a new number plate light and a pair of new indicators as the stock ones wont fit , i dont need the indicators as ive ordered an integrated taillight but if you find a suitable taglight please send me a link

                          If anyone knows where i can get a new relay for the indicators to prevent hyperflash please tell me
                          How is the fender eliminator for indian roads? Is it kicking up too much dirt on to the tail light? I saw a pulsar with tail tidy and its tail light was completely opaque with dirt.
                          I have a vagabond FE (figured I can use the stock taglight and turn lights)coming in from US. But, still have second thoughts.

                          I've so far, removed base plate that held saree guard and the front number plate (with holder). Looks a lot cleaner now.
                          2008 - 2010: Apache RTR 160FI
                          2010 - 2016: Honda Civic Coupe
                          2016 - : Elite i20 Asta (O), Yamaha R3

                          Comment


                          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                            Originally posted by vijaycool View Post
                            Some road rages happened in a funny way. One good thing in chennai is wrong doers ask politely. Bangalore is sheer arrogant even I have witnessed. Locals always have the feeling this is my place and you are from other state.
                            In chennai I was waiting in the signal, guy behind me was honking and shouting move front, I turned back and didnt say anything. He keeps honking and traffic cop saw this and came to me. He asked to move little front, it actually pissed me off for a sec and hesitantly moved little front. The guys face was as if he had won a competition. As soon as he turned left another cop catches him for "No Free Left". Everyone watching the scene was laughing
                            karma is a B..
                            Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
                            I honestly can't keep my cool, I'll get down and clobber him if he pisses me off, soo far hasn't happened, but yeah better to keep calm and let the idiot or squid pass thro. I usually give the idiot who tries to overtake on my the death stare, usually works.
                            losing your cool on the road is never the best thing and if karma strikes back, I would look like a fool in front of everyone and it would be super difficult to get the thought out of my head later :P.

                            BTW completed 1 year on my R3 yesterday, also my Bday so it was my bikes bday too
                            Still haven't reached 3k mark on it. Need to Ride more.
                            Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
                            Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
                            TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
                            TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
                            KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

                            Comment


                            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                              Originally posted by mathi_vadhaann View Post
                              How is the fender eliminator for indian roads? Is it kicking up too much dirt on to the tail light? I saw a pulsar with tail tidy and its tail light was completely opaque with dirt.
                              I have a vagabond FE (figured I can use the stock taglight and turn lights)coming in from US. But, still have second thoughts.

                              I've so far, removed base plate that held saree guard and the front number plate (with holder). Looks a lot cleaner now.
                              The FE is quite good actually, its of decent quality, just the stock indicators and taglights wont fit in it,
                              The FE doesn't help a bit in guarding dirt, you will get dirt all over your tail section if you ride over loose mud or water, what im doing now is going very slow over water and mud and ive found that the bike stays clean longer than when it had the stock fender on because im being more careful with it [emoji13] , overall i like it for the sharp look it gives to the bike and im happy with it

                              Comment


                              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                                Originally posted by rufussingh View Post
                                Did you highlight it to the service center? Is the service center taking responsibility for it? Try calling the customer care of Yamaha (1800-420-1600), it really helps a lot.
                                After I raised my concerns, The people at Yamaha were calling me the whole of yesterday evening to get my issues sorted out. Today I have a meeting with the engineers from Yamaha.
                                Did you get your left-side pulling issue resolved? I've clocked 750 KMs so far and mine also has developed this issue.

                                ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

                                Originally posted by bivaash dewan View Post
                                The FE is quite good actually, its of decent quality, just the stock indicators and taglights wont fit in it,
                                The FE doesn't help a bit in guarding dirt, you will get dirt all over your tail section if you ride over loose mud or water, what im doing now is going very slow over water and mud and ive found that the bike stays clean longer than when it had the stock fender on because im being more careful with it [emoji13] , overall i like it for the sharp look it gives to the bike and im happy with it
                                Thanks, seems like a small price to pay for cleaner look. I never ride in the rains, so should be fine.
                                2008 - 2010: Apache RTR 160FI
                                2010 - 2016: Honda Civic Coupe
                                2016 - : Elite i20 Asta (O), Yamaha R3

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X