Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by malliah View Post
    Sure will click some over the weekend. And no - the tape is brilliant. Have washed the bike a few times and no issues.

    Cant read Japaneese -have they mentioned the price?

    No - Cant see it scuffing the tail panels. Infact there is a rather largish gap between the cown and tail panel
    Thats very nice, will be waiting to see the close up pics.

    I can read, write&speak Japanese-the prices of the CF covers are as follows:
    1. Instrument panel cover 6090 yens= Rs.2900
    2. Mirror covers 5250 yens= Rs.2500
    2. Indicator covers 6300 yens= Rs.3000
    4. Set of mirror+indicator+IP covers 15,540 yens= Rs.7,400
    So if you get the entire set, you would be saving about Rs.1000.

    If possible, please post a close up pic of the seat cowl also alongwith the CF hugger pics. Sorry to trouble you, but for the moment I can only feast my eyes on these pics.

    For those who are getting green tail covers, I have saved a pic of the 250R logo, maybe you guys can get this made in the same font locally.
    Quench my thirst with gasoline!

    Comment


    • ^^ great info there man!!! im surely gonna look at a way of ordering from there.. you think they will process orders for india??


      My offerings to the gods of speed -

      - KTM Duke 200
      - Yamaha RXZ 5 speed


      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
        Hi friends.
        I am nearing 600Kms. so the chain needs its periodical cleaning. The manual talks about it. Can any body here please tell me in brief what are all the things i need for that. It would be very nice if you can brief about the cleaning too..
        Thanks.
        Google it you will find many DIYs.
        Just in brief:
        1.Things you would need:
        a. A cleaner eg.WD40, Kerosene
        b. A soft cotton cloth.
        c. A old tooth brush, a paint brush etc.
        d. A lubricating agent like OWS Chain lubrication, SAE80 gear oil (REFER 2 UR MANUAL)

        2.Firstly throughly clean your chain with avalaible cleaner with the help of a tooth brush. It should be visibly clean, now use the cotton cloth to remove traces of cleaner .
        3.Now apply you lubricating agent as directed on its packaging.
        4.You are ready to roll!
        (This is a really short desc of all that thing you need to do, it will easily consume your 1-1.5 hours if you are new to this work)
        OTN: Please do google once.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jd666 View Post
          ^^ great info there man!!! im surely gonna look at a way of ordering from there.. you think they will process orders for india??
          I am in Japan next month - let me see if I can get these. But I think these are not real carbon fibre, but only textured covers. I can double check once I am in Japan.

          JD - the vinyl which we have ordered should get similar effects.

          Originally posted by malliah View Post

          Cant read Japaneese -have they mentioned the price?
          Use google chrome - and just click on the 'translate' button to see the text in english!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by superlife View Post
            anwys my ownership is starting a little different actually this is my first bike and today I went shopping,,, ya my first helmet
            since am short highted and my head is also too small for big alien type helmets, after looking over 30-40.. finally manage to get something in I can relate to NINJA
            Ajay
            I am not sure a helmet with a peak is a good choice in case you are planning to ride fast The wind may push your head back and would be difficult to ride... just my 2 cents

            Guys just got back from Khivraj, An update...try to avoid roads that have been tarred recently a couple of people have had trouble with stones getting lodged and screwing up the cooling of the bike...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
              Hi friends.
              I am nearing 600Kms. so the chain needs its periodical cleaning. The manual talks about it. Can any body here please tell me in brief what are all the things i need for that. It would be very nice if you can brief about the cleaning too..
              Thanks.
              Not sure if you have a paddock stand... in case you don't i'd suggest you just ask the khivraj guys to do it for you...won't take more than 10-15 minutes..

              BTW they don't do all the steps Suhail mentioned

              Comment


              • I remember someone saying that the seat was too hard&wanted some more padding. Whoever it was, I found this: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Kawasaki Ninja 250 R | 800-538-7035
                Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                Comment


                • Aren't you spending too much time in 250R thread instead of R15?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                    Thats very nice, will be waiting to see the close up pics.

                    I can read, write&speak Japanese-the prices of the CF covers are as follows:
                    1. Instrument panel cover 6090 yens= Rs.2900
                    2. Mirror covers 5250 yens= Rs.2500
                    2. Indicator covers 6300 yens= Rs.3000
                    4. Set of mirror+indicator+IP covers 15,540 yens= Rs.7,400
                    So if you get the entire set, you would be saving about Rs.1000.

                    If possible, please post a close up pic of the seat cowl also alongwith the CF hugger pics. Sorry to trouble you, but for the moment I can only feast my eyes on these pics.

                    For those who are getting green tail covers, I have saved a pic of the 250R logo, maybe you guys can get this made in the same font locally.
                    Hey! I will drop in on you for it, once I get the bike. Hope you remeber having promised to come with me for the tail cover paint job? Which general area do you live in BTW?
                    The company I keep:
                    Yamaha Rx100
                    Yamaha RD 350 (HT)
                    Bajaj Pulsar 150
                    Kawasaki Ninja 250r

                    RIDE SAFE! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU, WHO'LL TAKE CARE OF YOUR BIKE?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Yasser View Post
                      Hey! I will drop in on you for it, once I get the bike. Hope you remeber having promised to come with me for the tail cover paint job? Which general area do you live in BTW?
                      Hi Yasser, I thought you told me you already have the bike?
                      I remember my promise&will honour it for sure. I'll stand there with you to get the job done to our satisfaction.
                      I'm PMing you my no.-call me whenever you like.
                      Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jd666 View Post
                        ^^ mate no offence.. but a helmet with a peak, or a cap front like yours, will obstruct vision when you are leaning forward on the bike, or if you wanna sit in a sporty stance on the bike. Or when you are hunched forward.
                        one of the loveliest MotoX helmets I have seen but JD id right. It wont suit the needs of the Ninja 250R. Good buy nevertheless.
                        sigpic
                        when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
                        one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
                        kamlesh kanda
                        NO PACE TOO SLOW
                        IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                          Hi Yasser, I thought you told me you already have the bike?
                          I remember my promise&will honour it for sure. I'll stand there with you to get the job done to our satisfaction.
                          I'm PMing you my no.-call me whenever you like.
                          is it for a paint job with siraj or a sticker job with mohan?

                          Both the buggers have gone lazy these days! been more than a week since i paid and asked mohan for no plate for my RTR. he still has'nt readied them! he did the same for my 220 as well!

                          And Siraj's paint job on my RTR was'nt upto the mark as well!
                          07 HH Zma
                          11 Honda Aviator DLX
                          14 Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI (Now Caged:( )
                          16 Scooty Zest
                          11 CBR 250R

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by onlinesatish View Post
                            Is it for a paint job with siraj or a sticker job with mohan?

                            Both the buggers have gone lazy these days! been more than a week since i paid and asked mohan for no plate for my RTR. he still has'nt readied them! he did the same for my 220 as well!

                            And Siraj's paint job on my RTR was'nt upto the mark as well!
                            Paint job with Siraj.
                            Mohan is lazy no doubt.
                            But Siraj's paint work has been fabulous on my Fiero F2&also my metallic brown Verna a couple of times recently. We need to stay there to get it done to our taste.
                            Your RTR is non metallic black. We got some touch up done to Bhanu's RTR which is of the same shade&it turned out perfect.
                            Go back to him if you didn't like it, but get it done only by Siraj, not his workers.
                            Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                              Hi Yasser, I thought you told me you already have the bike?
                              I remember my promise&will honour it for sure. I'll stand there with you to get the job done to our satisfaction.
                              I'm PMing you my no.-call me whenever you like.
                              How I wish! No dude, the buggers are still not delivering. I am afraid I will get the delivery only in May..terrible time for biking in HYD.

                              Will surely let you know as soon as I get delivery...maybe the same day, if I can remember in all the excitement.
                              The company I keep:
                              Yamaha Rx100
                              Yamaha RD 350 (HT)
                              Bajaj Pulsar 150
                              Kawasaki Ninja 250r

                              RIDE SAFE! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU, WHO'LL TAKE CARE OF YOUR BIKE?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                                Paint job with Siraj.
                                Mohan is lazy no doubt.
                                But Siraj's paint work has been fabulous on my Fiero F2&also my metallic brown Verna a couple of times recently. We need to stay there to get it done to our taste.
                                Your RTR is non metallic black. We got some touch up done to Bhanu's RTR which is of the same shade&it turned out perfect.
                                Go back to him if you didn't like it, but get it done only by Siraj, not his workers.
                                Touch up was done by his workers at his presence. Went back there next day and showed it to them and they said nothing can be done. While siraj watches me and continue's with his work not bothering abt it at all! Hate ppl with such kinda attitude!

                                Originally posted by Yasser View Post
                                How I wish! No dude, the buggers are still not delivering. I am afraid I will get the delivery only in May..terrible time for biking in HYD.
                                hehehe.....very true!


                                P.s - A single Ninja sticker on the side panel cost 7XX odd rs
                                07 HH Zma
                                11 Honda Aviator DLX
                                14 Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI (Now Caged:( )
                                16 Scooty Zest
                                11 CBR 250R

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X