Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Dawn & dusk make slight hard to adjust.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to xBhp Forums v2020

Welcome to 2020 Edition of the xBhp Forums . As you might have already noticed, the forums have undergone a major upgrade to keep up with the times. This will make the forums faster and intuitive and much more mobile friendly.

The basic functioning of the forum remains the same.

We are still tightening the loose nuts and bolts and it will take some time.

However, in case you are facing any issues or problems accessing the forums or posting here, please do let us know.

Any feedback/suggestions are also welcome!

You can post your suggestions on this thread itself!


https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/forum-a...s-2020-welcome
See more
See less

Honda CBR 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Honda CBR 250R

    Hi guys.

    Does anybuddy from the group have used ceramic brake pads for cbr250r?
    I am not happy with the stock rear pads.

    Comment


    • Re: Honda CBR 250R

      Originally posted by cbr250abs View Post
      I've got the Apache 200 clip ons installed on my CBR 250ABS by my trusted mechanic.

      He's routed the stock clutch cable without any issue. But I'm facing issue with brake hose and accelerator cables. The Brake hose and accelerator cables are re-routed between the right fork pipe and right fairing which cause them to rub badly against the right fairing when I turn the handle to right. Also the brake hose seems to be under lot of tension when I lock my handle.

      Can someone who has undergone this mode / @Pavithranmt please confirm your setup or share some clear pictures please. How are the above cables routed in your case?

      Many thanks in advance
      The issue is resolved by re routing the brake hose to its original location ( mine is ABS model ), all is good now. All the cables are stock. In retrospect, I consider it worth the effort.

      New Apache clipons are considerably taller ( ~2 inch ) and wider ( 1 inch on each side, ~2 inch total) providing a much comfortable and commanding riding position. Measurements are done by measurement tape. I've measured by taking holding clamp as reference. Stock clipons taper down after the clamp while Apache ones are straight, so correct way to measure is to take the ground as reference. That way the height difference between Apache clipon grips and stock clipon grips is much more than 2 inch.


      I'm 6 feet 1.5 inches tall and old setup was not comfortable for me especially on long rides, slow traffic, broken roads and off roads.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201120_175310.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1972520

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201120_175330.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1972521

      Next one is old setup for cable routing reference:

      Click image for larger version

Name:	old_setup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1972522
      Last edited by cbr250abs; 11-25-2020, 12:18 PM.

      Comment


      • Re: Honda CBR 250R

        Originally posted by cbr250abs View Post
        The issue is resolved by re routing the brake hose to its original location ( mine is ABS model ), all is good now. All the cables are stock. In retrospect, I consider it worth the effort.

        New Apache clipons are considerably taller ( ~2 inch ) and wider ( 0.5 inch on each side, 1 inch total) providing a much comfortable and commanding riding position.

        [ATTACH]256352[/ATTACH]

        [ATTACH]256353[/ATTACH]

        This one is old setup for reference:

        [ATTACH]256354[/ATTACH]
        How tall are you and can we have a apache pic as well?

        Comment


        • Re: Honda CBR 250R

          Originally posted by k.sagar View Post
          Does anybuddy from the group have used ceramic brake pads for cbr250r?
          I am not happy with the stock rear pads.
          Use Galfer brake pads in the front (if yours is a ABS) or switch to Nissin master cylinder for STD. Use rear brakes as less as possible
          Skill is what keeps you on a Motorcycle
          Awareness + Skill is what keeps you out of harm's way
          ATGATT + Awareness + Skill means you might Live To Ride another day

          Comment


          • Re: Honda CBR 250R

            LED Projector installation on YBR 125 / Gladiator

            Last edited by bobisbacktorock; 11-25-2020, 11:56 AM.
            Exploring South India
            Ride to Dandeli
            Kuntala waterfalls at its best
            Father & Son ride to Nasik
            Exploring South India -2
            Hyderabad-Goa-Maharashtra

            Comment


            • Re: Honda CBR 250R

              Originally posted by MAVERICK_m21 View Post
              How tall are you and can we have a apache pic as well?
              I've updated my post, 2 pics in that post are with Apache clip ons.

              https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcy...ml#post1396750
              Last edited by cbr250abs; 11-25-2020, 12:42 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: Honda CBR 250R

                Currently I'm using Motul 7100 10W40 oil in my CBR 250. Odo will hit 50k kms in few days.
                Now I am thinking to shift to Liqui Molly. So I want to know ~ should I move to Liqui Molly or Motul 7100 is still decent enough ?

                Comment


                • Re: Honda CBR 250R

                  Hi aargee

                  Mine is abs model, currently running stock nissan pads.
                  Front one's performance is good but rear feels woody.
                  Are galfer's sintered one or ceramic?
                  Could you share a link to purchase those online?
                  Originally posted by aargee View Post
                  Use Galfer brake pads in the front (if yours is a ABS) or switch to Nissin master cylinder for STD. Use rear brakes as less as possible

                  Comment


                  • Re: Honda CBR 250R

                    Hi guys

                    I've a 2018 abs model, currently 13,000 km on the odo. All the engine oil & oil filter changes are done in time, last oil change was done at 11,330 km, last oil filter was replaced at 8,250km, air filter was replaced at 8,000 km and I'm a sedate rider.

                    I'm facing a weird problem. My engine oil level has reduced drastically and suddenly in the last 200 km from top mark to around lower mark on the engine oil level check window. I topped it up with around 250 ml.

                    I'm using Rimula R4 with OEM oil filter.

                    Apparently there is no visible oil leakage on the outside.

                    Any pointers what could be the reason for the sudden oil level drop?
                    Last edited by cbr250abs; 11-27-2020, 04:55 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Honda CBR 250R

                      Originally posted by pinkesh2703 View Post
                      So I want to know ~ should I move to Liqui Molly or Motul 7100 is still decent enough ?
                      Up to you, but technically Motul 7100 10W40 FS is slightly superior to any of the 10W40 FS engine oils except Shell 10W40 FS

                      Originally posted by k.sagar View Post
                      Mine is abs model, currently running stock nissan pads.
                      Front one's performance is good but rear feels woody.
                      Are galfer's sintered one or ceramic?
                      Could you share a link to purchase those online?
                      Boy!! I was bewildered, baffled & possibly bamboozled by "A" instead of "I" - I meant nissIn!! Galfer is sintered; you should be able to Google, let us know other pls.

                      Originally posted by cbr250abs View Post
                      I'm facing a weird problem. My engine oil level has reduced drastically and suddenly in the last 200 km from top mark to around lower mark on the engine oil level check window. I topped it up with around 250 ml.

                      I'm using Rimula R4 with OEM oil filter.

                      Apparently there is no visible oil leakage on the outside.

                      Any pointers what could be the reason for the sudden oil level drop?
                      It's some amount of oil always, always gets evaporated from any 4S & 2S engine be it 2, 4, 6 or n wheeler as long as its powered by fossil fuel & uses oil for lubricant. Ideally need to keep checking every 1000 Km to be on safer side until we understand our steeds well. For instance, my C250R needs top-up at 2500 Km & every 1200 odd Km there after until 8K. Shell Rimula - I'm not the best person to comment.
                      Skill is what keeps you on a Motorcycle
                      Awareness + Skill is what keeps you out of harm's way
                      ATGATT + Awareness + Skill means you might Live To Ride another day

                      Comment


                      • Re: Honda CBR 250R

                        Originally posted by aargee View Post
                        It's some amount of oil always, always gets evaporated from any 4S & 2S engine be it 2, 4, 6 or n wheeler as long as its powered by fossil fuel & uses oil for lubricant. Ideally need to keep checking every 1000 Km to be on safer side until we understand our steeds well. For instance, my C250R needs top-up at 2500 Km & every 1200 odd Km there after until 8K. Shell Rimula - I'm not the best person to comment.
                        [MENTION=26407]aargee[/MENTION], thanks for sharing your views. But the strange part is that ~250ml of oil vanished into thin air within last 200kms only whereas last Rimula oil was drained after ~3000 km without any drop in oil level.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Honda CBR 250R

                          Your articles are so good, they were very helpful to me. thank you very much
                          candy crush saga

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pinkesh2703 View Post
                            Re: Honda CBR 250R

                            Currently I'm using Motul 7100 10W40 oil in my CBR 250. Odo will hit 50k kms in few days.
                            Now I am thinking to shift to Liqui Molly. So I want to know ~ should I move to Liqui Molly or Motul 7100 is still decent enough ?
                            From my personal experience, LiquiMoly doesn't make a drastic difference and it isn't worth the high price it demands. What matters is periodic lubrication interval and proper slack of the required wear and tear components makes a dramatic difference in smoothness and ride quality.

                            Cheers!
                            VJ
                            Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
                            The girl said, 'NO!'


                            And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


                            THE END

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cbr250abs View Post
                              Re: Honda CBR 250R

                              Hi guys

                              I've a 2018 abs model, currently 13,000 km on the odo. All the engine oil & oil filter changes are done in time, last oil change was done at 11,330 km, last oil filter was replaced at 8,250km, air filter was replaced at 8,000 km and I'm a sedate rider.

                              I'm facing a weird problem. My engine oil level has reduced drastically and suddenly in the last 200 km from top mark to around lower mark on the engine oil level check window. I topped it up with around 250 ml.

                              I'm using Rimula R4 with OEM oil filter.

                              Apparently there is no visible oil leakage on the outside.

                              Any pointers what could be the reason for the sudden oil level drop?
                              If it's any consolation, the same thing happened with me too. And, not long after I did an oil and oil filter change. The mechanic filled in 1.4L and after maybe 200-250 kms of riding, the oil level was down to the lower level mark. So, I topped up with an extra 100 ml to bring it back to the upper level mark. I found the explanation in the service manual which says engine oil capacity at draining should be 1.4L, on oil filter change should be 1.5L and at disassembly should be 1.6L.
                              2013-17: Yamaha FZ 16
                              2019-Present: 2018 Honda CBR 250R

                              Comment


                              • Hello guys. Where's a good place I can take the bike for servicing in Kochi? I'm home thanks to COVID and I've heard that the showroom mechs are not very good.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X