Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Learn & practice evasive maneuvers.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
    Saw the worst site today, a guy riding a r3 in Teynampet signal without a damn helmet -_-
    There is a word for that! "Wannabes".
    There's a light at each end of this tunnel you shout cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out.

    Comment


    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

      Evo India has an interesting interview with Roy Kurian who is the VP of sales and marketing for Yamaha Motorcycles India that highlights their strategy going forward and why they are moving away from a 'racing' image. Worth a read.

      Originally posted by Felicity View Post
      Actually the store name is "Planet DSG"
      Originally posted by Felicity View Post
      All Yamaha Showrooms are of dealers but that doesn't stop us from reffering it has "Yamaha Showroom". FYI go to Planet DSG website and you get the above given address.So in short it's a Planet DSG store.

      Im not sure what your deal is, just trying to bump up your post count with meaningless posts? Since you have taken the effort of pointing me to the Planet DSG website (which you didnt read carefully), here is what is posted under their list of dealers - " Orion Motors, 518, Bhoovanappa Layout, Opp. Forum Mall, Hosur Road." So basically
      1. the store's name is actually not Planet DSG like you claimed it to be.
      2. The store is a dealer for Planet DSG, which is what I said in my last post.

      Not only do they stock products that Planet DSG is a distributor of , they also stock products from other national distributors like Auto Impex, Performance Racing Store and others. By your logic, you should call the very same store as Auto Impex store, PRS Store and Planet DSG store!
      http://indianfightfan.blogspot.in/

      http://neilsrandomramblings.blogspot.com/

      http://neilsmotomusings.blogspot.com/

      Comment


      • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

        Originally posted by neil.jericho View Post
        Evo India has an interesting interview with Roy Kurian who is the VP of sales and marketing for Yamaha Motorcycles India that highlights their strategy going forward and why they are moving away from a 'racing' image. Worth a read.






        Im not sure what your deal is, just trying to bump up your post count with meaningless posts? Since you have taken the effort of pointing me to the Planet DSG website (which you didnt read carefully), here is what is posted under their list of dealers - " Orion Motors, 518, Bhoovanappa Layout, Opp. Forum Mall, Hosur Road." So basically
        1. the store's name is actually not Planet DSG like you claimed it to be.
        2. The store is a dealer for Planet DSG, which is what I said in my last post.

        Not only do they stock products that Planet DSG is a distributor of , they also stock products from other national distributors like Auto Impex, Performance Racing Store and others. By your logic, you should call the very same store as Auto Impex store, PRS Store and Planet DSG store!
        First off,what deal do you need for a forum? and post count? really? I don't give a woot a$$ about post count.Secondly,stop being such a butt hurt person.Some one in the above post mentioned there is a shop above Orion yamaha showroom and I just pointed them to Planet DSG store.Again,you being such a perfectionist,do you even know the store name? I bet not.Until someone goes there and search for the stores board.Please do let me know though,because every other rider I have met always refer to it as DSG stores.Orion yamaha showroom sell there products.Once you get the store name let's create a poll,Your so called "Store name" and Planet DSG name let's see how many of them are familiar with either of the name and the location of the store with the given name.BTW,the store doesn't have a separate name it's a part of Orion motors yamaha showroom,they tied up with Planet DSG to sell their Alpinestar and DSG riding gears and essentials.This is a R3 thread better keep it that way.I don't want to fight with a person who still thinks post count matters and gets offensive without knowing the actual facts .End of discussion.
        Last edited by Felicity; 08-08-2016, 06:13 AM.
        There's a light at each end of this tunnel you shout cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out.

        Comment


        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

          Since the yamaha dealer,"vinayak" did not help me and was asking money for assistance for tyre replacement, I have decided to replace it myself. So far i have bought
          a 22mm socket
          19mm socket
          L handle 1/2 square
          Flexible handle
          And I'm going to order a ratchet handle too.

          After getting these tools i will buy a paddock stand.
          I found one for 4k and it's foldable.
          So it will be easy to transport.
          Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
          Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
          TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
          TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
          KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

          Comment


          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

            Originally posted by Gollum View Post
            Since the yamaha dealer,"vinayak" did not help me and was asking money for assistance for tyre replacement, I have decided to replace it myself. So far i have bought
            a 22mm socket
            19mm socket
            L handle 1/2 square
            Flexible handle
            And I'm going to order a ratchet handle too.

            After getting these tools i will buy a paddock stand.
            I found one for 4k and it's foldable.
            So it will be easy to transport.

            Damn !
            How much money he asked ?
            You Start Your Life with a Full Pot of Luck and an Empty Pot of Experience, the Object is to Fill the Pot of Experience Before you Empty the Pot of Luck.....!!

            Comment


            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

              Originally posted by dnewguy View Post
              Damn !
              How much money he asked ?
              I didn't ask them about the money but the fact that yamaha customer care representative herself told me that i will have to pay for this is just outrageous!!!!
              I now feel i should have bought a different brand bike.
              I wonder what superbike owners do if we entry level sport bike owners face issues like this.
              Being a biker for more than 14 years now, I feel i can take care of smaller issues myself and not depend on these money hungry service centers.

              This also gave me the opportunity to build my own inventory of tools.

              Update: i ordered red line paddock stand for my bike. It costs 3.7k including shipping. It's foldable.
              Last edited by Gollum; 08-08-2016, 10:58 AM.
              Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
              Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
              TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
              TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
              KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

              Comment


              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                Originally posted by Gollum View Post
                I didn't ask them about the money but the fact that yamaha customer care representative herself told me that .
                This thing is in every brand not just yamaha and you can't do anything about that but what you can do is have good rapport with mechanics and give them ₹20-30/- for tea they will do these type of work for you.

                Comment


                • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                  Originally posted by Chandan92 View Post
                  This thing is in every brand not just yamaha and you can't do anything about that but what you can do is have good rapport with mechanics and give them ₹20-30/- for tea they will do these type of work for you.
                  Hmm..I haven't been going to service centers for service for a few years so i guess things have changed. Anyway, this is an opportunity for me to learn.
                  Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
                  Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
                  TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
                  TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
                  KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

                  Comment


                  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                    Originally posted by Gollum View Post
                    I didn't ask them about the money but the fact that yamaha customer care representative herself told me that i will have to pay for this is just outrageous!!!!
                    I now feel i should have bought a different brand bike.
                    I wonder what superbike owners do if we entry level sport bike owners face issues like this.
                    Being a biker for more than 14 years now, I feel i can take care of smaller issues myself and not depend on these money hungry service centers..
                    I wonder whats so unfair in a svc charging for a tire change, i mean to un-mount and mount the wheel back on.
                    Doesn't matter if you own a sooper bike or a pauper bike, it involves a bit of labor and nothing wrong in them charging you a few bucks towards labor.
                    Again, if you have a good friendly rapport they might not charge you.. but them charging you is not unfair business. After all it's labor and parts that a svc provides and that's how they make their money.
                    Any brand it will be the same story

                    Comment


                    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                      Originally posted by s1d View Post
                      I wonder whats so unfair in a svc charging for a tire change, i mean to un-mount and mount the wheel back on.
                      Doesn't matter if you own a sooper bike or a pauper bike, it involves a bit of labor and nothing wrong in them charging you a few bucks towards labor.
                      Again, if you have a good friendly rapport they might not charge you.. but them charging you is not unfair business. After all it's labor and parts that a svc provides and that's how they make their money.
                      Any brand it will be the same story
                      You are right on that part completely if....i was to go to any random svc after owning the bike for more than a year.
                      I went to the dealer who sold the bike to me and my bike is less than 7 months old and the tyre cracked within 2000km.
                      Tyre is also made in the 26th week of 2015.
                      So, would you still be comfortable to pay if you were my shoes?
                      Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
                      Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
                      TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
                      TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
                      KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

                      Comment


                      • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                        Originally posted by Gollum View Post
                        You are right on that part completely if....i was to go to any random svc after owning the bike for more than a year.
                        I went to the dealer who sold the bike to me and my bike is less than 7 months old and the tyre cracked within 2000km.
                        Tyre is also made in the 26th week of 2015.
                        So, would you still be comfortable to pay if you were my shoes?
                        unfortunately tires and battery are warranted by their respective manufacturers - and i believe that's the case with the r3 also.
                        i wouldn't be 'comfortable' but hey, those are the terms and so paying a wee bit for the svc labor is ok with me.
                        as i mentioned earlier, some tire shops might not help with the wheel removal/installation especially on such bikes. there are some tire shops that will do it 'complimentary' when you get a new tire.
                        get over it and enjoy the bike !

                        Comment


                        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                          Originally posted by Gollum View Post
                          You are right on that part completely if....i was to go to any random svc after owning the bike for more than a year.
                          I went to the dealer who sold the bike to me and my bike is less than 7 months old and the tyre cracked within 2000km.
                          Tyre is also made in the 26th week of 2015.
                          So, would you still be comfortable to pay if you were my shoes?

                          Hi Gollum

                          I won't be comfortable in paying the extra dues but i do have my reservations when it comes to servicing my own bike especially the tires/ brakes/ etc.
                          I have little knowledge and therefore might do more damage.
                          Not to forget there is always a chance of injury while undertaking such mechanical work. So untill i have someone with experience by my side i won't be tinkering with my bike essentials. The regular oil change, chain cleaning stuff is fine.
                          Anyways my intention is not to discourage you, just be careful and wise.
                          It might be a good idea to make a DIY video for the rest of the owners - if everything works out well.

                          Best of luck.
                          Cheers.
                          You Start Your Life with a Full Pot of Luck and an Empty Pot of Experience, the Object is to Fill the Pot of Experience Before you Empty the Pot of Luck.....!!

                          Comment


                          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                            Originally posted by Felicity View Post
                            Actually the store name is "Planet DSG"
                            Originally posted by neil.jericho View Post
                            They are a dealer for Planet DSG. The store's name is not Planet DSG.
                            Originally posted by Felicity View Post
                            BTW,the store doesn't have a separate name it's a part of Orion motors yamaha showroom,they tied up with Planet DSG to sell their Alpinestar and DSG riding gears and essentials.
                            The reason that we are all on xbhp is to learn and help share our knowledge and experiences on biking. I myself have learnt so much from the forum thanks to all the information shared by others that helped a newbie like me (at that time). I check this thread very frequently as I owned a R15 for several years and came very close to buying the R3 but got put off by the attitude of the dealerships. Plus many old friends of mine are now R3 owners and I look forward to reading their updates on the bike.

                            Now if someone gives wrong information, then others step in to correct it, which is fine. It helps all of us. Please see your contradicting posts above. Now you can call the store whatever name you want, you have all the freedom to do so but the fact of the matter is that the store's name is not Planet DSG which is what you originally claimed (wrongly) and then backtracked on.

                            Originally posted by Felicity View Post
                            Again,you being such a perfectionist,do you even know the store name? I bet not.
                            Ive been a customer of theirs since 2009 Among other things, I have bought from them a DSG Nero jacket, engine oil several times, chest protectors for my A* jacket, A* SP2 gloves, an AGV Sport full leather suit and helped others buy gear from there as well. Pinto and the slightly older gentleman who work there know me. Here's a bill as well if you still harbour doubts.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2172 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1940003
                            http://indianfightfan.blogspot.in/

                            http://neilsrandomramblings.blogspot.com/

                            http://neilsmotomusings.blogspot.com/

                            Comment


                            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                              Originally posted by dnewguy View Post
                              Hi Gollum

                              I won't be comfortable in paying the extra dues but i do have my reservations when it comes to servicing my own bike especially the tires/ brakes/ etc.
                              I have little knowledge and therefore might do more damage.
                              Not to forget there is always a chance of injury while undertaking such mechanical work. So untill i have someone with experience by my side i won't be tinkering with my bike essentials. The regular oil change, chain cleaning stuff is fine.
                              Anyways my intention is not to discourage you, just be careful and wise.
                              It might be a good idea to make a DIY video for the rest of the owners - if everything works out well.

                              Best of luck.
                              Cheers.
                              I will certainly make the video. It's important that i take a video so that i know what goes where. Someone advised me to not pull the break accidentally as that will cause the brake pads to pinch and stay that way. I did find a tutorial on the R3 forum. And there are many tutorials online for this. Anyway, i do know a mechanic nearby who knows R15 quite well and both these bikes are kind of similar.
                              Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
                              Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
                              TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
                              TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
                              KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

                              Comment


                              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                                Originally posted by Gollum View Post
                                I will certainly make the video. It's important that i take a video so that i know what goes where. Someone advised me to not pull the break accidentally as that will cause the brake pads to pinch and stay that way. I did find a tutorial on the R3 forum. And there are many tutorials online for this. Anyway, i do know a mechanic nearby who knows R15 quite well and both these bikes are kind of similar.
                                the basic mechanicals are the same across most of the bikes. pressing the brake lever when a wheel is removed is a big no on almost every disc brake equipped vehicle. it causes the pistons to come out and they are a pain to push back in if you dont have the right tool/technique.
                                so watch a mechanic do it first(be it any kind of service) and you will understand the nuances involved. I always make it a point to hang around and watch the servicing of not only my bike, but also other bikes that come in for various other repairs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X