Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Clean visor equals clear vision.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bajaj Avenger - All versions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

    Hi everyone, I have received an offer for a well maintained Avenger Street 220 Matte Black which has run for 6000kms for 6 months (Feb 2016 Reg)
    The bike is going through it's 4th service (paid) today.
    The person quoted 90,000 for it.

    How much should be my counter quote, and how much do you think should this bike cost second-hand?

    Comment


    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

      70 k is a good price 90k is too much.in chennai street cosrs 67 to 70k for less than a year

      Comment


      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

        Originally posted by Saravanan_n View Post
        70 k is a good price 90k is too much.in chennai street cosrs 67 to 70k for less than a year
        Thanks for the fast response.

        Comment


        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

          Which spray and cleaner is good for Lubing for avenger 150 street bikes?
          Last edited by Dakkani Rider; 09-04-2016, 11:14 AM.

          Comment


          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

            Originally posted by Dakkani Rider View Post
            Which spray and cleaner is good for Lubing for avenger 150 street bikes?
            No lube is specific to bike's capacity. Motul cleaner and lube are good. If you are on budget, then go for rolon chain spray or OKS chain spray.

            Cheers,
            Sanjay
            http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/touring-queries-route-planning-itinerary/33587-endurance-ride.html

            Comment


            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

              Originally posted by sanjaysangar1990 View Post
              No lube is specific to bike's capacity. Motul cleaner and lube are good. If you are on budget, then go for rolon chain spray or OKS chain spray.

              Cheers,
              Sanjay
              How is 3M Chain clean n lube ? It's also budget friendly i guess

              3M Chain Cleaner (75 g) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00SIM4S2S/..._yY8YxbS811R4P

              3M Chain Lubricant (75 g) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00SIM4PPS/..._3Z8YxbJRA6FBH

              Comment


              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                How is 3M Chain clean n lube ? It's also budget friendly i guess

                3M Chain Cleaner (75 g) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00SIM4S2S/..._yY8YxbS811R4P

                3M Chain Lubricant (75 g) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00SIM4PPS/..._3Z8YxbJRA6FBH
                Not so good , i have used 3M chain lube & found it somewhat disappointing on pulsar 200ns chain . No reduction in chain noise , i personally found this as biggest drawback.
                With same chain & conditions , motul lube performs best

                Comment


                • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                  Originally posted by vvk1999 View Post
                  Not so good , i have used 3M chain lube & found it somewhat disappointing on pulsar 200ns chain . No reduction in chain noise , i personally found this as biggest drawback.
                  With same chain & conditions , motul lube performs best
                  Why not just use WD40?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                    Originally posted by Arijit Dutta View Post
                    Why not just use WD40?
                    Wd40 is a cleaner , i think. He was talking about lubricants .

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                      Originally posted by vvk1999 View Post
                      Wd40 is a cleaner , i think. He was talking about lubricants .
                      But doesnt wd40 has 3 functions?

                      Rust remover
                      Water displacer
                      And lubricator

                      Comment


                      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                        Originally posted by Arijit Dutta View Post
                        But doesnt wd40 has 3 functions?

                        Rust remover
                        Water displacer
                        And lubricator
                        After using wd40...put some motul chain lube too...brings more effect and goodness

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                          Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                          After using wd40...put some motul chain lube too...brings more effect and goodness
                          Ah, so it multiplies the lubrication. Great, I will try it out

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                            Hey Guys,

                            One of my Friend is planning to upgrade his headlight for his Avvy Street 220.

                            Options considered ,

                            1) HID
                            2) OSRAM night breaker or Philips Xtream Vision 55/60.

                            Please let me know your suggestions.

                            And do keep in mind that the upgrade should not blind the oncoming traffic.


                            Regards,
                            Jayanth
                            There ain't no devil, ther'e just God when he's drunk.

                            Bangalore - Dhanushkodi - Kanyakumari - Bangalore - 4 Days - 1720 kms

                            http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/3...nyakumari.html

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                              Originally posted by jayanth_b_p View Post
                              Hey Guys,

                              One of my Friend is planning to upgrade his headlight for his Avvy Street 220.

                              Options considered ,

                              1) HID
                              2) OSRAM night breaker or Philips Xtream Vision 55/60.

                              Please let me know your suggestions.

                              And do keep in mind that the upgrade should not blind the oncoming traffic.


                              Regards,
                              Jayanth
                              Osram/philips is good..am using philips xtreme vision...gives a clear view and doesn't hurt others... Moreover no change in wiring or battery output relay needed as in hid....so peace of mind!!!

                              Comment


                              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                                And if you want to Hurt the others eyes...go for Aux light fitted on crash guard or handlebar...like that...just in case needed!!! If somone hurts you back

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X