Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
    Happy New Year Everybody!!!

    Gixxer bro,
    I have a small query for you.

    My bike is ok at the moment.... but it just feels sluggish sometimes... I guess it's the cold weather that's to blame, but still the bike feels sluggish... specially in the mornings. Well that's ok, but the bike tends to be bellowing white smoke... specially when cold-starting in the morning... and the quantity seems to be growing. I am concerned because the bike never behaved like this when stock. I assume all this is happening after the piston change when the engine was opened up.

    Could oil be leaking from somewhere and entering the Chamber? the Valve Train?

    or is it just unburnt fuel that probably deposits more with colder weather? My relative who is also my neighbor parks his one year old Honda Shine with my bike, and his bike too bellows white smoke. So I guess it could just be unburnt fuel... or is it?!?

    The mech says all bikes do that... should I take his word? or is the quality of fuel in my country to blame?

    Well that apart, how is everybody?
    and Where is NANO???

    ... Bro we need you to be here with us... we need your opinions and expertise. Please forget what happened and start posting here in the Fiero Forum where you belong.
    You might remember bro, that i had asked you to make the A/F a bit lean.Make it lean till the plug is brown in color and then check to see if the bike performs better.
    I got a message from nanotech today,he's coming back to this thread
    Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post

      I am no doctor man, i learn't these things from the humble mech i took you to that day. Another thing ,de-carbonizing of his engine will be done at lathe and by the mech .You are right about that.


      Exactly! pictures are always worth more than a thousand words!!
      I am sure, will get to learn few things from him then, One good person he is.

      By the way guys, what is the difference between Suzuki fiero & TVS fiero both classics, I have heard suzuki fetches pretty good price in the nd hand market & TVS doesn't.

      Any change in the Engine Internals ? Was suzuki better than TVS ?
      sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

      Comment


      • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
        I am sure, will get to learn few things from him then, One good person he is.

        By the way guys, what is the difference between Suzuki fiero & TVS fiero both classics, I have heard suzuki fetches pretty good price in the nd hand market & TVS doesn't.

        Any change in the Engine Internals ? Was suzuki better than TVS ?
        Mechanically or electronically there's no difference what so ever !!! But yes, the older suzuki fiero's had bore and piston kits which were manufactured in Japan.Then the Digital CDI manufacturing was shifted to India as TVS entered into a JV with KOKUSAN DENKI which is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi electrical co.This JV is called INDIA NIPPON ELECTRICAL CO and they are the ones which supplied Digital CDI to all the tvs fiero/f2/fx and they are the ones who developed India's first Digital TCI which PSR has told me is a very difficult tech to develop.The Digital TCI of the RTR is the one i am talking about here.

        Quality wise the Digital CDI/TCI are on par with ones made in Japan.
        Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
          Mechanically or electronically there's no difference what so ever !!! But yes, the older suzuki fiero's had bore and piston kits which were manufactured in Japan.Then the Digital CDI manufacturing was shifted to India as TVS entered into a JV with KOKUSAN DENKI which is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi electrical co.This JV is called INDIA NIPPON ELECTRICAL CO and they are the ones which supplied Digital CDI to all the tvs fiero/f2/fx and they are the ones who developed India's first Digital TCI which PSR has told me is a very difficult tech to develop.The Digital TCI of the RTR is the one i am talking about here.

          Quality wise the Digital CDI/TCI are on par with ones made in Japan.
          thanks for explaining bro..

          I guess than the reason for more price on Suzuki is for the suzuki's brand rather than any special things in Suzuki version.

          One thing is for sure, Suzuki bikes are Robust enough to take any kind of beating in indian terrains, Have learned bike riding with humble 1996 Suzuki Samurai & Used to enjoy riding my friend's Shogun during college times

          & I also want to share something with you all, I almost ended up booking suzuki fiero in 2001 but then the Charismatic looks of CBZ diverted me altogether& made me buy that bike.

          It was only after I tested my freind's suzuki fiero that I thought, the engine, gear box & refinement compensates well enough for its average looks & that's when we decided the next bike we will book with in Immediate family mem will be Fiero & that's how I convinced my uncle to get a fiero

          had a wonderful 9yrs & 83k sweet memories in my HH CBZ & Now I am with fiero with 40k on Odo.
          sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

          Comment


          • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
            thanks for explaining bro..

            I guess than the reason for more price on Suzuki is for the suzuki's brand rather than any special things in Suzuki version.

            One thing is for sure, Suzuki bikes are Robust enough to take any kind of beating in indian terrains, Have learned bike riding with humble 1996 Suzuki Samurai & Used to enjoy riding my friend's Shogun during college times

            & I also want to share something with you all, I almost ended up booking suzuki fiero in 2001 but then the Charismatic looks of CBZ diverted me altogether& made me buy that bike.

            It was only after I tested my freind's suzuki fiero that I thought, the engine, gear box & refinement compensates well enough for its average looks & that's when we decided the next bike we will book with in Immediate family mem will be Fiero & that's how I convinced my uncle to get a fiero

            had a wonderful 9yrs & 83k sweet memories in my HH CBZ & Now I am with fiero with 40k on Odo.
            People who have been involved in racing say that the classic fiero catches up with the shogun within 400 mtrs and over takes it on longer stretches.Does that say something about it's capability ? The classic stock fiero hits 118 kmph(Actual speed not speedo measured one) on short chennai and coimbatore race track's straights.
            Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
              People who have been involved in racing say that the classic fiero catches up with the shogun within 400 mtrs and over takes it on longer stretches.Does that say something about it's capability ? The classic stock fiero hits 118 kmph(Actual speed not speedo measured one) on short chennai and coimbatore race track's straights.
              I have never dragged Fiero with any other bike, Infact I have never took stock fiero on to highway & don't know its stock capabilities, One of my cousin took it once & he said he could easily achieve 110 on speedo & that's about it.

              The only highway ride I have done is the recent one with 14t front sprocket & I managed to hit 115kmph
              sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

              Comment


              • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
                I have never dragged Fiero with any other bike, Infact I have never took stock fiero on to highway & don't know its stock capabilities, One of my cousin took it once & he said he could easily achieve 110 on speedo & that's about it.

                The only highway ride I have done is the recent one with 14t front sprocket & I managed to hit 115kmph
                The top speeds achieved depends on the rider,carb setting engine state,weather etc etc.If a fiero which is stock and whose carb has been set to the company settings.Then in capable hands it will hit more than 118 kmph and once again actual speed not speedo indicated ones.

                When my bike was stock,with 100/90/18 rear tyre,i have hit speedo indicated 120 kmph(on stock gearing) till i ran out of road that is on NICE road between Mysore road and Kanakpura road.The engine was silk smooth at that speeds and the bike was rock solid.That's another thing about classic fiero,the engine doesn't have the whiplash "SNAP" of modern bikes and doesn't jump around in lower revs.But hit the higher revs and it becomes a race bread animal with silk smooth engine refinement.It is actually smoother at higher revs than at lower revs,just like the racing engines and RTR.
                Last edited by gixxer_junkie_m; 01-04-2011, 06:15 PM.
                Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                Comment


                • @ everybody...

                  I AM BACK...
                  and yes i DO belong HERE more than anywhere else....

                  @ abhilashabhi12

                  55w on stock coil and regulator won't give you a good performance, infact it would be much dimmer at lower rpms...

                  you can re-wind your AC phase or lighting phase as they say with a 18 guage wire, or even thicker if your coil guy can do it, thus you can run 90/100 bulb...
                  but it will melt your stock reflector...
                  55w heat can be easily taken by your current reflector...

                  if your more enthusiastic and a DIY guy and have money to spare, you can go for full DC conversion which will give you a flicker free light even when the engine is off, you would even have the power and compatibility to go for HIDs, projectors and stuff...
                  though expensive, but they are the BEST automotive lighting bulbs in the world so far...
                  FYI a 35w hid can outrun a 100w halo bulb...
                  either way, a 35w halogen bulb in DC is much brighter than the same 35w halogen bulb in AC
                  i currently have dual HIDs installed in my fiero f2...
                  and yes i already have a 180 bore kit installed with a bigger carb, special thanks to gixxer....

                  @ chief

                  it has to be the unburnt fuel AFAIK, besides it can even be that since you ride at single digit temperatures, the heat emmited from the silencer turns white after coming out as it happens when we speak..
                  just a thought...

                  @ all

                  besides, just an update from my side, i did a constant 120 on the highway last night, but on de-acceleration the traditional gunshot from the silencer really did bother me...

                  it doesn't cause any harm though apart from the mental dilemma, and yes it even happens when i switch the engine off....

                  i really don't know if i should worry about it !!

                  let the good times roll and lets be the most technically advanced thread in the entire xBHP as always...
                  Giving a lot to a fiero.
                  Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                    @ everybody...

                    I AM BACK...
                    and yes i DO belong HERE more than anywhere else....

                    let the good times roll and lets be the most technically advanced thread in the entire xBHP as always...
                    Hi Nano nice to hear from you again,and your "enlightening" upgrades.
                    Regarding your engine does it still have any knocking,and what is the color of the spark plug ? Gun shot sound comes usually when you have free flow exhaust,or when the exhaust valve timing or seating is bad.....but you are able to do 120.hhhmmmm......
                    Gixxer.....help needed,throw some light on this problem.
                    When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                    Comment


                    • nanosan is back yaay,
                      btw about the suzuki fiero and tvs fiero difference,vishal's fiero does make quite a racket,love the sound when he releases the throttle,btw he is running on the suzuki fiero silencer.Quality wise,i guess no difference.

                      Gixxer-rightly said,another thing that i like of the fiero is the pick up in every gear be it top gear.I never felt the engine harsh even at lower revs,at highervrevs,its smooth as hell,who needs an mp3 player when you have the megaphone playing sweet music,especially the sound when you release the throttle.
                      Last edited by velociraptor13; 01-04-2011, 11:45 PM.
                      Socha Toh Locha.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by psr View Post
                        Hi Nano nice to hear from you again,and your "enlightening" upgrades.
                        Regarding your engine does it still have any knocking,and what is the color of the spark plug ? Gun shot sound comes usually when you have free flow exhaust,or when the exhaust valve timing or seating is bad.....but you are able to do 120.hhhmmmm......
                        Gixxer.....help needed,throw some light on this problem.
                        yes, the engine has knocking, but only on wacking the throttle suddenly from lower rpms, never otherwise.
                        however I've felt that it has decreased a lot compared to before.
                        yesterday i really managed a 120 and it didn't come back to 7.5k from 8k, as it used to before, it lasted just for a while though, it becomes unstable at that speed, gives a scary feeling...

                        the gunshot only happens when i de-accelerate from very high rpms, never otherwise....
                        and my exhaust is stock f2's exhaust...

                        i am still in the middle of my another light upgrade, the best one yet, but money and sources are not enough to the level which i plan to be on, apart from lack of "so called" knowledgeable mechs/people who can do the work i want them to...

                        once its done, I'll take a sigh of relief...

                        @ rakesh


                        indeed there's a massive difference in the sound of a classic TVS fiero vs a Suzuki fiero.
                        yesterday a classic TVS fiero guy was trying to drag race against me at a signal, i didn't care though and let him go and win but i noticed his bike's loudness is not even half of vishal's bike...

                        Vishal with a 5 amp DC bike running 2 X Bosch horns (maybe 3 amps each) which he honks a LOT and a massive SUZUKI exhaust sound is basically audible, more than visible when we ride alongside, isn't it ??
                        Giving a lot to a fiero.
                        Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                          @ rakesh


                          indeed there's a massive difference in the sound of a classic TVS fiero vs a Suzuki fiero.
                          yesterday a classic TVS fiero guy was trying to drag race against me at a signal, i didn't care though and let him go and win but i noticed his bike's loudness is not even half of vishal's bike...

                          Vishal with a 5 amp DC bike running 2 X Bosch horns (maybe 3 amps each) which he honks a LOT and a massive SUZUKI exhaust sound is basically audible, more than visible when we ride alongside, isn't it ??
                          Quite right,during our ride to panvel,i couldn't speed up as the bike was still in the runin,i could distinctively hear the exhaust even when he was about 100m away from me.
                          Socha Toh Locha.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                            yes, the engine has knocking, but only on wacking the throttle suddenly from lower rpms, never otherwise.
                            however I've felt that it has decreased a lot compared to before.
                            yesterday i really managed a 120 and it didn't come back to 7.5k from 8k, as it used to before, it lasted just for a while though, it becomes unstable at that speed, gives a scary feeling...

                            the gunshot only happens when i de-accelerate from very high rpms, never otherwise....
                            and my exhaust is stock f2's exhaust...

                            i am still in the middle of my another light upgrade, the best one yet, but money and sources are not enough to the level which i plan to be on, apart from lack of "so called" knowledgeable mechs/people who can do the work i want them to...

                            once its done, I'll take a sigh of relief...

                            ?
                            Nano judging from your post I am sure you are still running on a higher than recommended compression ratio.You still need to increase the piston to head gap.Try adding one more gasket between the bore and head,and your problem will be solved....both gun shot and bike running on at 8K rpm.If you don't correct it now,there is a danger of your Valve seats and may be spark plug to melt,and cause bore , piston and crank damage..The bike running on at 8 K RPM is not a good sign.
                            When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                              The top speeds achieved depends on the rider,carb setting engine state,weather etc etc.If a fiero which is stock and whose carb has been set to the company settings.Then in capable hands it will hit more than 118 kmph and once again actual speed not speedo indicated ones.

                              When my bike was stock,with 100/90/18 rear tyre,i have hit speedo indicated 120 kmph(on stock gearing) till i ran out of road that is on NICE road between Mysore road and Kanakpura road.The engine was silk smooth at that speeds and the bike was rock solid.That's another thing about classic fiero,the engine doesn't have the whiplash "SNAP" of modern bikes and doesn't jump around in lower revs.But hit the higher revs and it becomes a race bread animal with silk smooth engine refinement.It is actually smoother at higher revs than at lower revs,just like the racing engines and RTR.
                              All these things make me go on NICE road & check the top speed of my bike now , Anand lets head out one day to Nice road both of us & check the top speeds what say ?

                              Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                              @ everybody...

                              I AM BACK...
                              and yes i DO belong HERE more than anywhere else....

                              @ abhilashabhi12

                              55w on stock coil and regulator won't give you a good performance, infact it would be much dimmer at lower rpms...

                              you can re-wind your AC phase or lighting phase as they say with a 18 guage wire, or even thicker if your coil guy can do it, thus you can run 90/100 bulb...
                              but it will melt your stock reflector...
                              55w heat can be easily taken by your current reflector...

                              if your more enthusiastic and a DIY guy and have money to spare, you can go for full DC conversion which will give you a flicker free light even when the engine is off, you would even have the power and compatibility to go for HIDs, projectors and stuff...
                              though expensive, but they are the BEST automotive lighting bulbs in the world so far...
                              FYI a 35w hid can outrun a 100w halo bulb...
                              either way, a 35w halogen bulb in DC is much brighter than the same 35w halogen bulb in AC
                              i currently have dual HIDs installed in my fiero f2...
                              and yes i already have a 180 bore kit installed with a bigger carb, special thanks to gixxer....
                              Nano

                              Thanks for advising about 55w Bulb, I have already done the coil rewinding done for my previous bike ( HH CBZ Classic) & was running on 90/100W Philips Rally vision & I do know about light being dimmer in lower revs which used to happen in my CBZ also.

                              My only need for better lighting is when I hit the highway & I am sure when in highway most of the time we are in Higher rev's

                              I am not DIY type & I want to keep my bike as stock as possible, so was working out an easy way to make my lighting better & now after your replies I would like to give it a try on 55w Halogen bulb on Stock reflector on AC & see how does it work.

                              You see I was used to 90/100W of Philips rally vision & now any 35w bulb feels like candle light to me.

                              & can you all guys suggest a good 55w bulb for stock classic fiero holder, I am sure Fiero does not come with H4 set up & I also don't know what type of holder it is
                              sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

                              Comment


                              • @ Ullal

                                Can you please advise on Nirox rear shocks which you have on your bike Upside down, was it from Pulsar series, Apache series ? & also confirm its price & will it be a direct fit ?
                                sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X