Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
    Is the battery on the bike?
    Nope, Battery was kept for charging, I asked the mech their to check my clucth play & adjust it, that guy adjusted the clutch play & started the bike & went for a ride to check if the clutch is working well.

    When he came back I asked him how can he ride the bike without battery & I could not in the morning, then he said bike is directed & it can run like that but keeping it as such for long time will harm the stator coil.

    Will you be free today evening, thinking of coming over in the late evening
    sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

    Comment


    • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
      Nope, Battery was kept for charging, I asked the mech their to check my clucth play & adjust it, that guy adjusted the clutch play & started the bike & went for a ride to check if the clutch is working well.

      When he came back I asked him how can he ride the bike without battery & I could not in the morning, then he said bike is directed & it can run like that but keeping it as such for long time will harm the stator coil.

      Will you be free today evening, thinking of coming over in the late evening
      THERE YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!1 THAT'S WHAT I WAS SHOUTING ABOUT ALL ALONG!!!!!!!!!!11

      I have ridden like that for nearly 2 years man . Yeah call me up and let me know,if it's over 8 i'll be at the gym ,just call me up and we'll meet up.
      Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
        THERE YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!1 THAT'S WHAT I WAS SHOUTING ABOUT ALL ALONG!!!!!!!!!!11

        I have ridden like that for nearly 2 years man . Yeah call me up and let me know,if it's over 8 i'll be at the gym ,just call me up and we'll meet up.
        So this means that the presence of a dead battery lowers the stators ability to provide the required voltage strength to start the bike,and in it's absence,is able to do it....which means if you wind the stator coils for higher amp capacity, and change RR unit for higher amp capacity,the bike will run even with a dead battery.....just like Apache and RTR .Hope you remember clarifying this point to me earlier..
        When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by psr View Post
          So this means that the presence of a dead battery lowers the stators ability to provide the required voltage strength to start the bike,and in it's absence,is able to do it....which means if you wind the stator coils for higher amp capacity, and change RR unit for higher amp capacity,the bike will run even with a dead battery.....just like Apache and RTR .Hope you remember clarifying this point to me earlier..
          Bike runs with a dead battery too.As i said before,it depends on the capacitor.
          Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by psr View Post
            So this means that the presence of a dead battery lowers the stators ability to provide the required voltage strength to start the bike,and in it's absence,is able to do it....which means if you wind the stator coils for higher amp capacity, and change RR unit for higher amp capacity,the bike will run even with a dead battery.....just like Apache and RTR .Hope you remember clarifying this point to me earlier..
            In all probability ,there's some minor switch gear issue with abhilashabhi's bike,because without a battery or with a dead battery as well, the indicators etc will work once the bike is running.

            Let's not talk about winding the stator coil for higher amp of a classic fiero.The people who have advised me against it are involved with preparing/modifying racing bikes and rally cars with more than 25 years of experience.I trust them for what they have said.Then the mech who has had training from TVS when fiero was launched was also advised against it by the TVS factory.

            In case, if higher amp is needed for anyone along with TCI conversion ,then the wiring and stator coil of the RTR should be used for their classic fiero i think.
            Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

            Comment


            • @Psr
              I will try whether my bike runs without a battery with the TCI .The wiring of my bike is stock.
              Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                @Psr
                I will try whether my bike runs without a battery with the TCI .The wiring of my bike is stock.
                Listening and.......waiting
                When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                  THERE YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!1 THAT'S WHAT I WAS SHOUTING ABOUT ALL ALONG!!!!!!!!!!11

                  I have ridden like that for nearly 2 years man . Yeah call me up and let me know,if it's over 8 i'll be at the gym ,just call me up and we'll meet up.
                  Gixxer, thier is a new twist in thw story, the Iginition key is worn & is not sticking to its on or Off position, I guess now that has something to do with bike not starting

                  Originally posted by psr View Post
                  So this means that the presence of a dead battery lowers the stators ability to provide the required voltage strength to start the bike,and in it's absence,is able to do it....which means if you wind the stator coils for higher amp capacity, and change RR unit for higher amp capacity,the bike will run even with a dead battery.....just like Apache and RTR .Hope you remember clarifying this point to me earlier..
                  Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                  In all probability ,there's some minor switch gear issue with abhilashabhi's bike,because without a battery or with a dead battery as well, the indicators etc will work once the bike is running.

                  I guess you are right, can you tell me one thing if thier is no current to neutral indicator from Battery, will the horn, Indiactors wont work , cos the mech whom I checked said that is main point of source for all these things to work & I am unsure

                  Let's not talk about winding the stator coil for higher amp of a classic fiero.The people who have advised me against it are involved with preparing/modifying racing bikes and rally cars with more than 25 years of experience.I trust them for what they have said.Then the mech who has had training from TVS when fiero was launched was also advised against it by the TVS factory.

                  In case, if higher amp is needed for anyone along with TCI conversion ,then the wiring and stator coil of the RTR should be used for their classic fiero i think.
                  Now I will have to change the Iginition key set & get checked the wiring problem from Ruby
                  sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

                  Comment


                  • Carburetor Issue

                    GUYS

                    Severe CARB problem the carb was opened and diesel serviced couple of times when the whole bike was serviced. it was fine for a day and then all of a sudden it started to get suffocated while in the mid throttle. the bike doesnt stop coz of this. it idles normally and when raised it works just fine. i was advised to clean the jets following which all the jets have be cleaned. still same the problem persists. it kind of suffocates and hesitates during mid throttle. its an irritating feeling. got it checked with several mechs. finally the last mech swapped my carb with another fiero's. it worked. so we finally narrowd down the problem to the carburetor. he said nothing can be done but to change it to a new one or find one in the junkyard. guys. if you can figure out what the problem could be, pls help my out. if its a small part in the carb which has to be replaced like a spring or something, please let me know. i do not want to go for a new CARB.

                    waiting for you reply guys
                    Last edited by ullal_h; 12-25-2010, 11:16 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
                      Gixxer, thier is a new twist in thw story, the Iginition key is worn & is not sticking to its on or Off position, I guess now that has something to do with bike not starting





                      Now I will have to change the Iginition key set & get checked the wiring problem from Ruby
                      Before getting things checked at ruby electrical ,come with me to the mech i trust and let him see your bike.
                      Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ullal_h View Post
                        GUYS

                        Severe CARB problem the carb was opened and diesel serviced couple of times when the whole bike was serviced. it was fine for a day and then all of a sudden it started to get suffocated while in the mid throttle. the bike doesnt stop coz of this. it idles normally and when raised it works just fine. i was advised to clean the jets following which all the jets have be cleaned. still same the problem persists. it kind of suffocates and hesitates during mid throttle. its an irritating feeling. got it checked with several mechs. finally the last mech swapped my carb with another fiero's. it worked. so we finally narrowd down the problem to the carburetor. he said nothing can be done but to change it to a new one or find one in the junkyard. guys. if you can figure out what the problem could be, pls help my out. if its a small part in the carb which has to be replaced like a spring or something, please let me know. i do not want to go for a new CARB.

                        waiting for you reply guys
                        Were the slide and diaphragm checked?
                        Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                          Before getting things checked at ruby electrical ,come with me to the mech i trust and let him see your bike.
                          Ok today by around 7pm i will come over to your place
                          sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
                            Ok today by around 7pm i will come over to your place
                            Sure thing man.
                            Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                              Were the slide and diaphragm checked?
                              hi gixxer. the mech said they've checked everthing but how do i personally know if the slider or diaphragm is screwed. but firstly i have no idea what exactly is a slider or a draphragm. can u illustrate with a photo of a carb? that would be great.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ullal_h View Post
                                hi gixxer. the mech said they've checked everthing but how do i personally know if the slider or diaphragm is screwed. but firstly i have no idea what exactly is a slider or a draphragm. can u illustrate with a photo of a carb? that would be great.

                                When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X