Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Always keep the chain well lubricated.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
    Here are my plug pics.
    Let me know what you guys think.
    I am afraid the engine's drinking oil buddy.

    It can be because of the valve-train too and if that's the case then it'll be easier on the pocket.Otherwise 400 bucks for a re-bore with the piston and rings.Then the usual stuff of packing,gasket and labor.Total should be 700.

    Go for a re-bore,because other bikes like the HONDA(all honda bikes) uni etc also don't come with any bore coating and are just cast iron sleeves.So re-boring will be a good idea rather than going for a new bore-kit.Besides a new bore-kit will never be as good as a well made re-bore.
    Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sandysend View Post
      oh wow !!! is there anyway you can provide me with the link or instructions that i can go through? I would like to check this feasibility before buying a new bike..
      You have a pm.
      Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by psr View Post
        Your plug is full of Gook from burning the oil......your bore and rings are worn, or else your rings have frozen...Look at the oil in the threads, a sure indication of engine oil coming into chamber past the rings.
        Now that's what i am afraid of too.
        My bore isn't old enough to be damaged is it ?
        Just 8k kms.

        Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
        I am afraid the engine's drinking oil buddy.

        It can be because of the valve-train too and if that's the case then it'll be easier on the pocket.Otherwise 400 bucks for a re-bore with the piston and rings.Then the usual stuff of packing,gasket and labor.Total should be 700.

        Go for a re-bore,because other bikes like the HONDA(all honda bikes) uni etc also don't come with any bore coating and are just cast iron sleeves.So re-boring will be a good idea rather than going for a new bore-kit.Besides a new bore-kit will never be as good as a well made re-bore.
        Do i really need to do a re-bore ?
        In just 8k kms of a brand new bore ??
        Do i have any other option ?
        Giving a lot to a fiero.
        Expecting a lot from a fiero.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
          Now that's what i am afraid of too.
          My bore isn't old enough to be damaged is it ?
          Just 8k kms.

          Do i really need to do a re-bore ?
          In just 8k kms of a brand new bore ??
          Do i have any other option ?
          It is too early for a bore wear...only when you open you will know for sure...what if any ring is worn or frozen ? in which case you need to change only the rings...otherwise boring to next size is the only sane option....I feel it is the result of your initial running with high compression and pre-ignition that the bore had early wear...
          Open the engine ,and only then you will know.
          When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by psr View Post
            It is too early for a bore wear...only when you open you will know for sure...what if any ring is worn or frozen ? in which case you need to change only the rings...otherwise boring to next size is the only sane option....I feel it is the result of your initial running with high compression and pre-ignition that the bore had early wear...
            Open the engine ,and only then you will know.
            When my mech opened up the engine, to get the head work done as well as to replace the packing below the block, i did ask him to check if the con rod has developed any free play as it has been a victim of ultra high compression.
            But on checking everything it was perfect.
            This was the same time when the head work was done.
            He even checked the bore, as well as the rings, as he had to disassemble it and re assemble everything back.
            He did check everything and gave a thumbs up.

            So is it that he did a mistake in putting things back together ?
            Giving a lot to a fiero.
            Expecting a lot from a fiero.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post

              So is it that he did a mistake in putting things back together ?
              Like I said before I am not too sure about the reason for the oil consumption. You have to open the engine to know for sure.
              When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                When my mech opened up the engine, to get the head work done as well as to replace the packing below the block, i did ask him to check if the con rod has developed any free play as it has been a victim of ultra high compression.
                But on checking everything it was perfect.
                This was the same time when the head work was done.
                He even checked the bore, as well as the rings, as he had to disassemble it and re assemble everything back.
                He did check everything and gave a thumbs up.

                So is it that he did a mistake in putting things back together ?
                Depends on the state of the bore buddy.What happens is once oil level is low,the bore gets worn out pretty quickly.Remember it will be revving thousands of rotations per minute.So it's always a good idea to keep checking the plug and oil level.

                Your bore and piston/rings are too new to come to bore,but all depends on the lubrication.So you are lucky in that respect that crank and cam are ok,because crank and cam get ruined very quickly without oil.

                Now once the engine is opened up we can make out what caused it.A small 80 buck worth valve oil seal can cause a engine re-build if we don't check the oil level.
                Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                  A small 80 buck worth valve oil seal can cause a engine re-build if we don't check the oil level.
                  That is what I'm fearing in my case!
                  I have already got an oil seal ready with me for the next service (mostly next month)

                  I am planning the following things:
                  1. Camchain replacement
                  2. Camchain tensioner replacement
                  3. Head oil seal replacement
                  4. Carburettor tuning (on CO machine)
                  5. Tappet valve clearance adjustment
                  6. Gulf Pride 4T Plus 20w40
                  7. Clutch springs replacement
                  8. Clutch plate replacement (depends on condition-last replacement was 10K kms. back but pickup is very low&clutch slips in 1st&2nd gear)
                  9. Front mudguard replacement (optional)
                  10. LHS&RHS switches replacement (optional)

                  Your comments please!
                  Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                    That is what I'm fearing in my case!
                    I have already got an oil seal ready with me for the next service (mostly next month)

                    I am planning the following things:
                    1. Camchain replacement
                    2. Camchain tensioner replacement
                    3. Head oil seal replacement
                    4. Carburettor tuning (on CO machine)
                    5. Tappet valve clearance adjustment
                    6. Gulf Pride 4T Plus 20w40
                    7. Clutch springs replacement
                    8. Clutch plate replacement (depends on condition-last replacement was 10K kms. back but pickup is very low&clutch slips in 1st&2nd gear)
                    9. Front mudguard replacement (optional)
                    10. LHS&RHS switches replacement (optional)

                    Your comments please!
                    Get those things done by all means.

                    What i meant when i mentioned about valve oil seal going bad is,in this case the oil will be flowing into the combustion chamber and it won't be visible at all ,like in gasket leaks etc.
                    The only indication you'll get is a supremely refined engine!! along with a oil burning smell or what we call "bore-smell" Since you have no oil drinking issues,don't worry about it.
                    Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                      Get those things done by all means.

                      What i meant when i mentioned about valve oil seal going bad is,in this case the oil will be flowing into the combustion chamber and it won't be visible at all ,like in gasket leaks etc.
                      The only indication you'll get is a supremely refined engine!! along with a oil burning smell or what we call "bore-smell" Since you have no oil drinking issues,don't worry about it.
                      I'm getting some smell these days, but don't think there is any leakage.
                      Will check the level in a day or two.
                      Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                      Comment


                      • I met my mech today, showed him the pics.
                        He said that it might be a piston ring issue, and nothing more.
                        He and I are too busy to find time, and I am falling short of vitamin M.

                        I even talked about the clutch issue, he was against me going for the Japan made clutch plates, as he said sourcing takes a lot of time, and its not guaranteed that you'll get a right product.
                        He had an experience of one order where even the newer plates (Japanese ones so to say) didn't last much longer similar to my issue, and one experience was such that the plates i am using now OEM (190 bucks) did last very very long.
                        He was saying that tighter springs will be a much easier option.

                        Besides, just wanted to share this, the mech had come to my place to collect 2 stator coils (classic CBZ and unicorn) which were hand winded to DC setup by ME.
                        I am better at winding than i thought .
                        Giving a lot to a fiero.
                        Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                          Besides, just wanted to share this, the mech had come to my place to collect 2 stator coils (classic CBZ and unicorn) which were hand winded to DC setup by ME.
                          I am better at winding than i thought
                          .
                          How much did you charge?!!
                          Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                            How much did you charge?!!
                            Ha ha.
                            Nothing man, i did it for free.
                            Giving a lot to a fiero.
                            Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                            Comment


                            • My bike is going for service tomorrow after 5k kms & 3500Kms finished on Gulf Pride 4t Plus , Odo has turned 46k

                              Bought somethings for tomorrow's service,

                              1. Stock fiero rim - 1.80" x 18 & New Spokes - On Public Demand
                              2. FZ handle - 230Rs - On Public Demand
                              3. Gulf Pride 4t Plus - Just love this
                              4. Handlebar grips
                              5. Engine oil drain bolt

                              Heading to mech tomorrow early morning to get done the service..

                              * - On Public demand , you all know who it is
                              sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
                                My bike is going for service tomorrow after 5k kms & 3500Kms finished on Gulf Pride 4t Plus , Odo has turned 46k

                                Bought somethings for tomorrow's service,

                                1. Stock fiero rim - 1.80" x 18 & New Spokes - On Public Demand
                                2. FZ handle - 230Rs - On Public Demand
                                3. Gulf Pride 4t Plus - Just love this
                                4. Handlebar grips
                                5. Engine oil drain bolt

                                Heading to mech tomorrow early morning to get done the service..

                                * - On Public demand , you all know who it is
                                Finally,she's getting a much needed make-over. That too after sustained pressure from her "well-wishers"
                                Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X