Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Red to green – let the cager go first.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by psr View Post
    Be careful of later lot of R15s as they were like the pulsars in drinking oil and having seizures at sustained high RPM.
    No,i am not thinking of a second bike at all if i did,i'd buy a used RTR160 and put a 67mm bore on it
    Got to ride an RTR160 with 67mm bore yesterday,that thing is something else alright!! The bike was revving so easily to 7k, that it felt like it was just getting to warm up.I can imagine how high it might rev.

    Anyway what's wrong with jap quality control these days?
    Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
      No,i am not thinking of a second bike at all if i did,i'd buy a used RTR160 and put a 67mm bore on it
      Got to ride an RTR160 with 67mm bore yesterday,that thing is something else alright!! The bike was revving so easily to 7k, that it felt like it was just getting to warm up.I can imagine how high it might rev.

      Anyway what's wrong with jap quality control these days?
      dude if possible can u ask ur ZEN TVS whether the rtr chain sprocket set will fit the FieroF2? I will be changing the set on 6thjuly..

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
        dude if possible can u ask ur ZEN TVS whether the rtr chain sprocket set will fit the FieroF2? I will be changing the set on 6thjuly..
        i mean the RTR 180.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
          dude if possible can u ask ur ZEN TVS whether the rtr chain sprocket set will fit the FieroF2? I will be changing the set on 6thjuly..
          Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
          i mean the RTR 180.
          Dude,you seem unsure of this retrofit.So, if you want confirmation from ZEN,then you would have to wait for a day or two.Wait till then.

          Seeing how worried you are of this retrofit,forget going for the RTR180 chain sprocket kit.

          Get the RTR160 kit 13/44 and buy a YAMAHA CRUX 14 teeth GB sprocket from YAMAHA ASS or spare shop.Then put the 14/44 and you will have peace of mind.
          Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

          Comment


          • @tintin708: I would advise you not to play around with sprocketing unless you are really sure about it. Try to source the F2 chain kit from somewhere-your SVC should be able to place an order&will make you wait for a week or two.
            Quench my thirst with gasoline!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
              I say go for another bike. Depending on budget, R15 or CBR. I would pick CBR since it has more torque&better suited for 2 up riding.
              Maintenance is not an issue if you know what&when.
              Use the new bike as much as you can, else it won't be worth it. I do.
              Keep the Fiero for times when you can't/don't wanna take the softer bike out.
              For example, I had to go to Old City yesterday&after the rains, water had flooded up knee deep. My Fiero was the only bike that didn't stall-rest all were pushing their bikes through, while I was riding. Glad I got the electricals done up by paying a visit to Koti last month!
              Like Abhi says, Fieros are bulletproof!
              Yes the new bike would be the daily ride and Fiero for the weekend in city solo rides and yeh, Old City trips. I am yet to ride the CBR, so not sure of how it delivers. Based on the looks, it has no attitude. I mean, look at an R15 parked, and you know if packs a punch, the lines are clean, the shape consistent and it looks well packaged. You see a CBR, you feel nothing. May be a ride would change the perception. A Karizma Un-Faired version, looks better in my opinion. I dont mind picking up a pre-worshiped Karizma, P220 or an R15 for the time being, till the 250 cc market gets hotter. Good Thought?

              Update on Fiero: None on the parts front, but some thing new. Read on.

              A weird thing happened yesterday. While riding, suddenly there was Thak Thak sounds coming from the front. Confused I stopped to take a look. Mud guard was tight and there was no free movement of anything in front. All looked fine. Rode again and the sound was back, more prominent on bumps. Happened to use the front disk and the sound stopped. I was like, Whaaat. Released the front lever, and the sound was back. I wave of thoughts passed through my head in a matter of micro seconds. 1. Disk bent, 2. Pads loose 3. Fabrication on fork broken, blah blah blah. Stopped again and checked the disk and what I found, puzzled me.

              The entire body which holds the pads was loose. There was a place where there was a rod peeping out and the unit some how sat on it. But there was a gap between the rod and the area surrounding it. Could not understand whether a nut goes there or something else. There were no windings there. There was a Pulsar standing close by and hopped over to take a look as all the bikes have similar setup. I noticed there is a rubber washer that fits in there. Its got a rubber cap too and fits in pretty tight. Have no clue how it could have come out on my bike.

              Will have to buy this rubber washer and fit it asap, don't want a damaged Disk Kit. Shall post a pic a little later, to show exactly what I am talking about.

              PS: Just noticed. This is the first post on the 300th page on the FIERO thread.
              Last edited by MaSh; 07-05-2011, 04:19 PM.
              **MaSh**

              **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
                Yes the new bike would be the daily ride and Fiero for the weekend in city solo rides and yeh, Old City trips. I am yet to ride the CBR, so not sure of how it delivers. Based on the looks, it has no attitude. I mean, look at an R15 parked, and you know if packs a punch, the lines are clean, the shape consistent and it looks well packaged. You see a CBR, you feel nothing. May be a ride would change the perception. A Karizma Un-Faired version, looks better in my opinion. I dont mind picking up a pre-worshiped Karizma, P220 or an R15 for the time being, till the 250 cc market gets hotter. Good Thought?

                Update on Fiero: None on the parts front, but some thing new. Read on.

                A weird thing happened yesterday. While riding, suddenly there was Thak Thak sounds coming from the front. Confused I stopped to take a look. Mud guard was tight and there was no free movement of anything in front. All looked fine. Rode again and the sound was back, more prominent on bumps. Happened to use the front disk and the sound stopped. I was like, Whaaat. Released the front lever, and the sound was back. I wave of thoughts passed through my head in a matter of micro seconds. 1. Disk bent, 2. Pads loose 3. Fabrication on fork broken, blah blah blah. Stopped again and checked the disk and what I found, puzzled me.

                The entire body which holds the pads was loose. There was a place where there was a rod peeping out and the unit some how sat on it. But there was a gap between the rod and the area surrounding it. Could not understand whether a nut goes there or something else. There were no windings there. There was a Pulsar standing close by and hopped over to take a look as all the bikes have similar setup. I noticed there is a rubber washer that fits in there. Its got a rubber cap too and fits in pretty tight. Have no clue how it could have come out on my bike.

                Will have to buy this rubber washer and fit it asap, don't want a damaged Disk Kit. Shall post a pic a little later, to show exactly what I am talking about.

                PS: Just noticed. This is the first post on the 300th page on the FIERO thread.
                Yeah, R15 is an exciting bike to ride. Get a 2008 or 2009 model if you can.
                Get the rubber changed asap too. Old bikes have weird problems!
                Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                  I say go for another bike. Depending on budget, R15 or CBR. I would pick CBR since it has more torque&better suited for 2 up riding.
                  Maintenance is not an issue if you know what&when.
                  Use the new bike as much as you can, else it won't be worth it. I do.
                  Keep the Fiero for times when you can't/don't wanna take the softer bike out.
                  For example, I had to go to Old City yesterday&after the rains, water had flooded up knee deep. My Fiero was the only bike that didn't stall-rest all were pushing their bikes through, while I was riding. Glad I got the electricals done up by paying a visit to Koti last month!
                  Like Abhi says, Fieros are bulletproof!
                  Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                  Yeah, R15 is an exciting bike to ride. Get a 2008 or 2009 model if you can.
                  Get the rubber changed asap too. Old bikes have weird problems!
                  It sure is. But its close to impossible to get a non-abused piece. I need an extremely reliable bike, with no hidden surprises.
                  **MaSh**

                  **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                    Dude,you seem unsure of this retrofit.So, if you want confirmation from ZEN,then you would have to wait for a day or two.Wait till then.

                    Seeing how worried you are of this retrofit,forget going for the RTR180 chain sprocket kit.

                    Get the RTR160 kit 13/44 and buy a YAMAHA CRUX 14 teeth GB sprocket from YAMAHA ASS or spare shop.Then put the 14/44 and you will have peace of mind.
                    ya fine.. plz ask ZEN asap... just neede a 3rd opinion, since zen is ur trusted ASS.. My current chain is in a bad condition... wanted something different from the F2 setup. so i thought of the rtr 1's... Dude i am kinda hefty. current weight is 85kgs, 5'10'' tall... i have got to have some more of the accelerating power/acceleration from this engine....I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT SPROCKETING AND STUFF.. JUST WANTED A CLARRIFICATION OF WHETHER THE RTR160/180 COMPLETE SETUP WOULD FIT IN OR NOT... Dude i am always short of time, so cant go hunting for spare parts from other local shops.. if that were the case, i would have done it much much before....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
                      Yes the new bike would be the daily ride and Fiero for the weekend in city solo rides and yeh, Old City trips. I am yet to ride the CBR, so not sure of how it delivers. Based on the looks, it has no attitude. I mean, look at an R15 parked, and you know if packs a punch, the lines are clean, the shape consistent and it looks well packaged. You see a CBR, you feel nothing. May be a ride would change the perception. A Karizma Un-Faired version, looks better in my opinion. I dont mind picking up a pre-worshiped Karizma, P220 or an R15 for the time being, till the 250 cc market gets hotter. Good Thought?
                      Mash I spent 6 months trying to find a reliable,refined ,easy to maintain,easy on the pocket,torquey,city and highway rider......and there is only one bike which fulfilled it all...the Karizma-R....and I went in for a pre-owned ZMA in good condition....I am having fun in city and highway too...excepting for fairing and body panels rattling ,the bike is a gem...worth more than what I paid.
                      All thanks to Gixxer, for a correct and timely advise.
                      When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
                        It sure is. But its close to impossible to get a non-abused piece. I need an extremely reliable bike, with no hidden surprises.
                        Then it's always better to go for a bike which has been in the market for sometime ,the choice is pretty much simple i guess.It's either a Karizma or the R15.Like Psr has said,it's a reliable ,refined bike with no hidden surprises.
                        Originally posted by psr View Post
                        Mash I spent 6 months trying to find a reliable,refined ,easy to maintain,easy on the pocket,torquey,city and highway rider......and there is only one bike which fulfilled it all...the Karizma-R....and I went in for a pre-owned ZMA in good condition....I am having fun in city and highway too...excepting for fairing and body panels rattling ,the bike is a gem...worth more than what I paid.
                        All thanks to Gixxer, for a correct and timely advise.
                        Not at all,knowing you needed a machine which was good for touring and a all-rounder.There really weren't much options Having toured a bit on the bike ,i knew you'd be happier with it.
                        Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                        Comment


                        • Yesterday i took the bike to the mech who prepares the rally bikes at ZEN,incidentally he's opened his own new garage ,to get the carb tuned.
                          He tuned the carb with a digital tachometer and he's done a good job with it too.
                          The happy bit is, when he revved the bike after the tune to check it,she revved past 11k rpm effortlessly.Since it was a far more accurate device than a analog tachometers found on the bikes,i was quite happy to see and hear her screaming happily This week most probably,she'll get a 30mm header pipe as a gift,let's see.
                          Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                            ya fine.. plz ask ZEN asap... just neede a 3rd opinion, since zen is ur trusted ASS.. My current chain is in a bad condition... wanted something different from the F2 setup. so i thought of the rtr 1's... Dude i am kinda hefty. current weight is 85kgs, 5'10'' tall... i have got to have some more of the accelerating power/acceleration from this engine....I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT SPROCKETING AND STUFF.. JUST WANTED A CLARRIFICATION OF WHETHER THE RTR160/180 COMPLETE SETUP WOULD FIT IN OR NOT... Dude i am always short of time, so cant go hunting for spare parts from other local shops.. if that were the case, i would have done it much much before....
                            Got what you mean dude,hold your horses ,i'll try and get the confirmation tomorrow.
                            Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                              Yesterday i took the bike to the mech who prepares the rally bikes at ZEN,incidentally he's opened his own new garage ,to get the carb tuned.
                              He tuned the carb with a digital tachometer and he's done a good job with it too.
                              The happy bit is, when he revved the bike after the tune to check it,she revved past 11k rpm effortlessly.Since it was a far more accurate device than a analog tachometers found on the bikes,i was quite happy to see and hear her screaming happily This week most probably,she'll get a 30mm header pipe as a gift,let's see.
                              My mech also got a digital tachometer, which looks something like this..




                              But the issue with that is, whenever we select 4 stroke single cylinder option, it gives crazy readings.
                              Only 4 stroke twin cylinder setting matches our current rpm mostly.

                              i don't trust that device at all, it shows idling upto 5342 on so on.
                              If i revv, it reaches past 12k rpm (standard tacho showing 4k)

                              Besides, any clutch update gix ??
                              I am planning to work on the clutch once and for all.
                              even hydrolize it if needed, as tighter springs with put a lot of pain on the palm.
                              Giving a lot to a fiero.
                              Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                                Got what you mean dude,hold your horses ,i'll try and get the confirmation tomorrow.
                                thnx dude... i will wait till ur confirmtion from ZEN TVS comes..but plz do it asap...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X