Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Check the helmet from inside.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Originally posted by dineshaugustin View Post
    Just one doubt. VIN no is only available as a label, but not engraved onto the bike.?

    Just thinking is it possible for the dealers to change the label to show them as a current batch.!!
    VIN number is embossed on frame which can be seen by taking out rear seat.

    Comment


    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

      Originally posted by dineshaugustin View Post
      Just one doubt. VIN no is only available as a label, but not engraved onto the bike.?

      Just thinking is it possible for the dealers to change the label to show them as a current batch.!!
      VIN number is the main identifier when Yamaha finds an issue. They go back check, verify and recall entire batch for rectifications. Its not something any manufacture can let easily get changed.

      All the brands, indian or non indian are very serious about this process since their reputation will be at stake. Hope that clarifies. Go ahead and book. Yamaha is the last Japanese company to enter bike manufacturing but they have done very well.
      Last edited by abhi21r3; 03-28-2017, 02:12 PM.

      Comment


      • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

        Originally posted by abhi21r3 View Post
        Go ahead and book. Yamaha is the last Japanese company to enter bike manufacturing but they have done very well.
        Thanks for the info. I have been following R3 for almost 2 years. Perfect for my needs. Had a chance to sit on R25, and it felt home, though i felt the seat height is a tiny bit lower for my likings but its super comfortable. I think R3 has also the same ergonomics as R25. Planning to book in June, since currently i am out of town. I hope everything goes fine financially and would get the BS4 model.

        @all :
        Is there any way we can attach pillion grab rails.? google, didnt help. Checked the MT03's rail, but it needs the rear cowl to be changed which is not possible in India.
        Last edited by dineshaugustin; 03-29-2017, 07:17 AM.


        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< START WIDE AND FINISH TIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

        TVS Apache RR 310 : 2018
        Hero Honda HUNK : 2011-2018

        Comment


        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

          Originally posted by thomas11 View Post
          But they did say it's BSIV ..WHILE BOOKING
          I had told the dealer very clearly at the time of booking that I wanted blue silver color and 2017 manufactured model. The dealer was confident to deliver the bike within 15 to 20 days and I told him to take few more days and deliver the bike to me on 17 March 2017. As a customer, I don't care what emission norms the vehicle is following and that is Yamaha's problem. If you can't deliver something, don't commit. After a month, you are telling a customer, we cannot deliver the bike and you will have to wait for 2 to 3 months, is seriously not acceptable. Yamaha dealers are seriously clueless about delivery timelines and even the product as well. This was the story with the dealer.

          No dealer in Delhi NCR has the Blue Silver color! What stories dealers are telling me is that BS4 vehicles are not available, what we have in stock is Black BS3. When I called up the customer care (toll free number), they are saying Yamaha R3 is a BS4 model. When I cross questioned them by saying why has Yamaha stopped supplying Blue Silver R3 to Delhi NCR. I get a standard reply that we will forward your concern to the concerned department. This has been going round in circles with no clarity whatsoever. I had written 2 to 3 emails for clarity on this confusion and till date Yamaha has not replied back on this apart from having unclear phone conversations.

          I really had high hopes from this brand but seriously if this is how Yamaha treats customers then I would not like to be their customer at all, no matter how smooth the engine is and how fast the bike goes. I don't know whether it is funny or not but it is definitely illogical, Yamaha dealers don't keep R3 in display, so they expect a customer to buy the bike without even looking at it. The excuse they give is it is superbike!!! If you apply the same logic to Kawasaki dealers (where even H2 is in display), the showroom should be empty.

          From my experience what I conclude is that the company especially Yamaha India is not at all transparent and courteous enough to respond on emails. They may take their beloved 300 cc super bike on Mars and sell it there.
          Last edited by [email protected]; 03-30-2017, 12:51 AM.
          Regards,

          Adhip Varma

          Blog: https://theroamingdelhite.com/

          YouTube Channel: The Roaming Delhite

          Instagram: @theroamingdelhite

          Bajaj Pulsar 150 (2007-2014) - 42,000 kms

          Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS (2014 - 2017) - 50,000 kms

          Mahindra Mojo (2017 - Present) - 45,000 kms and counting

          Comment


          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

            Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            I had told the dealer very clearly at the time of booking that I wanted blue silver color and 2017 manufactured model. The dealer was confident to deliver the bike within 15 to 20 days and I told him to take few more days and deliver the bike to me on 17 March 2017. As a customer, I don't care what emission norms the vehicle is following and that is Yamaha's problem. If you can't deliver something, don't commit. After a month, you are telling a customer, we cannot deliver the bike and you will be have to wait for 2 to 3 months, is seriously not acceptable. Yamaha dealers are seriously clueless about delivery timelines and even the product as well. This was the story with the dealer.

            No dealer in Delhi NCR has the Blue Silver color! What stories dealers are telling me is that BS4 vehicles are not available, what we have in stock is Black BS3. When I called up the customer care (toll free number), they are saying Yamaha R3 is a BS4 model. When I cross questioned them by saying why has Yamaha stopped supplying Blue Silver R3 to Delhi NCR. I get a standard reply that we will forward your concern to the concerned department. This has been going round in circles with no clarity whatsoever. I had written 2 to 3 emails for clarity on this confusion and till date Yamaha has not replied back on this apart from having unclear phone conversations.

            I really had high hopes from this brand but seriously if this is how Yamaha treats customers then I would not like to be their customer at all, no matter how smooth the engine is and how fast the bike goes. I don't know whether it is funny or not but it is definitely illogical, Yamaha dealers don't keep R3 in display, so they expect a customer to buy the bike without even looking at it. The excuse they give is it is superbike!!! If you apply the same logic to Kawasaki dealers (where even H2 is in display), the showroom should be empty.

            From my experience what I conclude is that the company especially Yamaha India is not at all transparent and courteous enough to respond on emails. They may take their beloved 300 cc super bike on Mars and sell it there.
            I feel the frustration and irritation as a consumer. Some of the Yamaha dealers are pathetic.

            None of the automobiles manufacturing company want to comply with bharath stage IV , they have challenged government decision to implement new emission norms timelines. For the benefit of everyone please read article in below link or google about it. Government had three options. Court has passed the order and what I am reading is stage III vehicles will not be registered after 31st march. R3 is stage IV. This is for folks who were wondering why dealers were dolling out discounts.

            Comment


            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

              Originally posted by abhi21r3 View Post
              I feel the frustration and irritation as a consumer. Some of the Yamaha dealers are pathetic.

              None of the automobiles manufacturing company want to comply with bharath stage IV , they have challenged government decision to implement new emission norms timelines. For the benefit of everyone please read article in below link or google about it. Government had three options. Court has passed the order and what I am reading is stage III vehicles will not be registered after 31st march. R3 is stage IV. This is for folks who were wondering why dealers were dolling out discounts.

              CSE welcomes Supreme Court judgement on sale of Bharat Stage III vehicles | Indiablooms - First Portal on Digital News Management
              It's going be a tough few months for the dealers, customers and the like. First, the Supreme Court amended that "only production" is to be halted and registrations of the existing vehicles can be carried after April 1. But then yesterday they slammed the door shut stating, even registration of BS III s banned from April 1. Though automakers has welcomed this move, they aren't unsure how this tangle of BS III and BS IV sold to customers or in the process of delivering vehicles is going to impact their dealers and customers.

              The Supreme Court on Wednesday imposed a ban on sale of BS-III vehicles from April 1 when the Bharat Stage (BS)-IV emission norms for vehicles will come in force.
              The Supreme Court also clarified that no new BS-III registration will be allowed April 1 onwards. However, BS-III vehicles sold prior to March 31 will be allowed to register and will need to have proof of sale date for those vehicles.
              Cheers!
              VJ
              Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
              The girl said, 'NO!'


              And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


              THE END

              Comment


              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

                From my experience what I conclude is that the company especially Yamaha India is not at all transparent and courteous enough to respond on emails. They may take their beloved 300 cc super bike on Mars and sell it there.
                Alternatively you can contact them through twitter. They normally respond with proper answer.


                <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< START WIDE AND FINISH TIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

                TVS Apache RR 310 : 2018
                Hero Honda HUNK : 2011-2018

                Comment


                • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                  You guys, here is the recent Bangalore R3 owners meetup video
                  Hero Honda Splendor (June 2001- Present)
                  Yamaha YZF R3 (Jan 2016 - Present)
                  TVS Scooty Zest 110 (Oct 2017 - Apr 2018)
                  TVS Ntorq 125 (May 2018 - Apr 2019)
                  KTM Duke 125 (Apr 2019 - Dec 2019)

                  Comment


                  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                    Originally posted by dineshaugustin View Post
                    Alternatively you can contact them through twitter. They normally respond with proper answer.
                    I did that as well but no response. Anyways, it is pointless.

                    Moreover, BS4 emission norms compliance is something which was announced 2 to 3 years back. Yamaha was sleeping for all these years, that they could not produce BS4 vehicle. Bajaj Auto and KTM have made all their vehicles BS4 but Yamaha India looks like is not interested at all. They have that 'we don't give a sh*t attitude'.
                    Regards,

                    Adhip Varma

                    Blog: https://theroamingdelhite.com/

                    YouTube Channel: The Roaming Delhite

                    Instagram: @theroamingdelhite

                    Bajaj Pulsar 150 (2007-2014) - 42,000 kms

                    Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS (2014 - 2017) - 50,000 kms

                    Mahindra Mojo (2017 - Present) - 45,000 kms and counting

                    Comment


                    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                      Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      I did that as well but no response. Anyways, it is pointless.

                      Moreover, BS4 emission norms compliance is something which was announced 2 to 3 years back. Yamaha was sleeping for all these years, that they could not produce BS4 vehicle. Bajaj Auto and KTM have made all their vehicles BS4 but Yamaha India looks like is not interested at all. They have that 'we don't give a sh*t attitude'.
                      See, government has ruled that BS3 vehicles would not be sold after 1 April, so you cannot say that yamaha have not made any plans because it would affect their sales only. Thing is the people who should answer your queries correctly are not doing their work properly. On the other hand your city dealers are also not cooperating.

                      Wait for one month all things would get cleared.

                      Comment


                      • Seems like nobody read my post about R3 being BS4 already.
                        If it was not at least EU4 spec how do they sell it abroad!
                        most of the imported vehicles are BS4 spec or EU6 downgraded to BS4 to meet the fuel quality available in India.

                        Source of Info Yamaha India:
                        Customer care contacted me twice to clarify my doubts and both time they assured me R3 has been BS4 spec from long back.

                        Source Of Info Yamaha dealer at Cochin

                        If the dealer says he cannot comment on delivery and waiting is because He does not have stock nor are they interested in selling R3 because they hardly get one or two customers per year and if they stock more vehicles they will get back ordered at the end of the year. Making it a loss.
                        Also they have to order a minimum QTY. I think the min QTY is 2 (2,4,6 etc multiple of 2). So if you want a blue and they have black they will have to order 2 new bikes again unwanted stock and back order.Thus they will somehow make you tack the black.

                        If the dealer says blue is stopped.
                        Reason
                        : He has stock of the black and he wants to sell those first before getting new stock else the poor old black will be in back order.
                        Also they have to order a minimum QTY. I think the min QTY is 2 (2,4,6 etc multiple of 2). So if you want a blue and they have black they will have to order 2 new bikes again unwanted stock and back order.Thus they will somehow make you tack the black. (Source Dealer)

                        Test Drives: Source Customer Care / Dealer
                        Initially it was a norm for all the dealerships who are eligible to sell R3 should have a TD vehicle.
                        But due to some reason later on it was changed. Now if the dealer wants he can keep a TD vehicle if not he dose not have to.

                        Here in Cochin a dealer is selling TD vehicle that has done around 500kms for a discount of 20k.

                        Now KL OTR is around Rs 4,10,000

                        Ignore typos if any :P

                        Cheers

                        Comment


                        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                          Originally posted by Sunjay Kumar View Post
                          Seems like nobody read my post about R3 being BS4 already.
                          If it was not at least EU4 spec how do they sell it abroad!
                          most of the imported vehicles are BS4 spec or EU6 downgraded to BS4 to meet the fuel quality available in India.

                          Source of Info Yamaha India:
                          Customer care contacted me twice to clarify my doubts and both time they assured me R3 has been BS4 spec from long back.

                          Source Of Info Yamaha dealer at Cochin

                          If the dealer says he cannot comment on delivery and waiting is because He does not have stock nor are they interested in selling R3 because they hardly get one or two customers per year and if they stock more vehicles they will get back ordered at the end of the year. Making it a loss.
                          Also they have to order a minimum QTY. I think the min QTY is 2 (2,4,6 etc multiple of 2). So if you want a blue and they have black they will have to order 2 new bikes again unwanted stock and back order.Thus they will somehow make you tack the black.

                          If the dealer says blue is stopped.
                          Reason
                          : He has stock of the black and he wants to sell those first before getting new stock else the poor old black will be in back order.
                          Also they have to order a minimum QTY. I think the min QTY is 2 (2,4,6 etc multiple of 2). So if you want a blue and they have black they will have to order 2 new bikes again unwanted stock and back order.Thus they will somehow make you tack the black. (Source Dealer)

                          Test Drives: Source Customer Care / Dealer
                          Initially it was a norm for all the dealerships who are eligible to sell R3 should have a TD vehicle.
                          But due to some reason later on it was changed. Now if the dealer wants he can keep a TD vehicle if not he dose not have to.

                          Here in Cochin a dealer is selling TD vehicle that has done around 500kms for a discount of 20k.

                          Now KL OTR is around Rs 4,10,000

                          Ignore typos if any [emoji14]

                          Cheers
                          It makes me happy to know that my R3 might already be BS-IV compliant. Is there a sure shot way to find that out? Maybe by VIN or something?

                          However I doubt if the statement "most of the imported vehicles are BS4 compliant" because otherwise why would Kawasaki, Ducati, triumph etc will be giving out huge discounts on their CBU/CKD bikes to clear up BS3 stock?

                          Comment


                          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                            Originally posted by on_the_road View Post
                            It makes me happy to know that my R3 might already be BS-IV compliant. Is there a sure shot way to find that out? Maybe by VIN or something?

                            However I doubt if the statement "most of the imported vehicles are BS4 compliant" because otherwise why would Kawasaki, Ducati, triumph etc will be giving out huge discounts on their CBU/CKD bikes to clear up BS3 stock?
                            Oh yeah I forgot about that. Sorry. But then are those EU spec models? Then how are they sold in the European countries?
                            Kawasaki z250 was BS3 I am sure about that.

                            I thought ER6N, Z800 etc were given discounts to clear stocks and bring new models which they did. Triumph will introduce the 2017 models. Not sure about ducati.

                            ER6N was sold for just 31k more than the R3 that is OTR prices.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                              Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              I did that as well but no response. Anyways, it is pointless.

                              Moreover, BS4 emission norms compliance is something which was announced 2 to 3 years back. Yamaha was sleeping for all these years,
                              Apparently Yamaha has updated all their local market bikes to BS4 and i hope R3 is already BS4. But the price of R3 never been increased while local market bikes are increased by around 1000 rupees.


                              <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< START WIDE AND FINISH TIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

                              TVS Apache RR 310 : 2018
                              Hero Honda HUNK : 2011-2018

                              Comment


                              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                                Originally posted by dineshaugustin View Post
                                Apparently Yamaha has updated all their local market bikes to BS4 and i hope R3 is already BS4. But the price of R3 never been increased while local market bikes are increased by around 1000 rupees.
                                It was 3.25L when launched. Now its 3.26+
                                Ride, ride and ride.. But always do it responsibly..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X