Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

    Originally posted by chetan6686 View Post
    Nice ways suggested friends. Will try and implement a mix of all
    Friends has anyone applied tank pads? If yes where to get one?Online or Shops in Bangalore.
    I was initially over cautious. after 200+ kms, I got really comfortable. So just relax and have fun!!! Make sure you and only you ride the bike till 2k kms!
    Its better to sweat than to bleed...

    Comment


    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

      Originally posted by Shashank Suresh View Post
      I was initially over cautious. after 200+ kms, I got really comfortable. So just relax and have fun!!! Make sure you and only you ride the bike till 2k kms!
      Are you saying that with pillion break in will not be done properly?

      Comment


      • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

        Originally posted by Pulsar220F View Post
        Are you saying that with pillion break in will not be done properly?
        It's better to complete the break-in period solo. Occasionally riding with the pillion is of no harm. It's always good to expose a new bike to various conditions.

        And by this "Make sure you and only you ride the bike till 2k kms!" : I meant about allowing a friend or colleague to ride the bike.

        Its better to sweat than to bleed...

        Comment


        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

          The reason i suggested my method is because i did the same with my car. The car feels peppy like day 1 and runs real smooth. The bike feels great now as well. Slight change in sound and it has become a bit shallow but with depth. Power delivery is slightly weird in the first gear. If you roll off the throttle during strong acceleration, engine braking will slow you down instantly.

          Comment


          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

            Issue faced with clip-ons/triple clamp:

            As posted earlier, the right side handle bar is nearer to the fuel tank than the left side on my R3.
            I had raised the concern to Yamaha guys months back and the service center people adjusted the clip-on to some extent and the case was closed from Yamaha side.

            But after riding it for 3+ months, I was not convinced with the set up. So i again raised the issue with Yamaha and this time I have forced them to bring engineer from Yamaha technical team as the SVC people are not so much knowledgeable and they just want to get away without properly solving it.
            After 2 rounds of phone call with Yamaha customer care, they agreed to assist accordingly.
            Last Friday, my bike was thoroughly checked by the engineer and he has agreed on 2 points mentioned by me as follow:

            1. The right clip-on is not properly aligned. Bike tends to move towards left on a straight line if both handle bars are unattended.
            2. There was some play in the fork.

            After the check-up, they have rectified the fork play and are replacing the right clip-on now for free. Hopefully it will be done in a week.

            But still, I think there could be some issue with the Triple clamp.
            Will check the bike after clip-on replacement.

            3 of our Pune guys are facing the same issue (Bike tends to move towards left on a straight line if both handle bars are unattended.
            They are also in discussion with Yamaha.
            Let’s see what happens next.

            Rest everything is going fine. Done with 2500+ kms.
            Last edited by kuntalnag; 12-21-2015, 09:26 PM.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

              Originally posted by kuntalnag View Post
              Issue faced with clip-ons/triple clamp:

              As posted earlier, the right side handle bar is nearer to the fuel tank than the left side on my R3.
              I had raised the concern to Yamaha guys months back and the service center people adjusted the clip-on to some extent and the case was closed from Yamaha side.

              But after riding it for 3+ months, I was not convinced with the set up. So i again raised the issue with Yamaha and this time I have forced them to bring engineer from Yamaha technical team as the SVC people are not so much knowledgeable and they just want to get away without properly solving it.
              After 2 rounds of phone call with Yamaha customer care, they agreed to assist accordingly.
              Last Friday, my bike was thoroughly checked by the engineer and he has agreed on 2 points mentioned by me as follow:

              1. The right clip-on is not properly aligned. Bike tends to move towards left on a straight line if both handle bars are unattended.
              2. There was some play in the fork.

              After the check-up, they have rectified the fork play and are replacing the right clip-on now for free. Hopefully it will be done in a week.

              But still, I think there could be some issue with the Triple clamp.
              Will check the bike after clip-on replacement.

              3 of our Pune guys are facing the same issue (Bike tends to move towards left on a straight line if both handle bars are unattended.
              They are also in discussion with Yamaha.
              Let’s see what happens next.

              Rest everything is going fine. Done with 2500+ kms.
              People who bought AS200 Pulsar are also having the same issue and i am one of them.If i release my hands from the handlebar then bike sways left.However i did remember one guy whose issue was fixed by replacing the T-Stem of the bike.
              Thought it might be helpful to you guys
              Last edited by xplod566; 12-21-2015, 09:36 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                Originally posted by kuntalnag View Post
                Issue faced with clip-ons/triple clamp:



                Rest everything is going fine. Done with 2500+ kms.
                I am facing the exact same issue!
                If I leave the handlebar, the bike sways to the left. The left fork was adjusted today but that has not solved the problem.

                Let me know who are you in touch with Yamaha for this. Want to see if replacing the clip-on solves the problem.
                There is no better therapy than riding a bike down a straight road at full throttle with the sound of the engine for company.

                Comment


                • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                  [MENTION=47318]kuntalnag[/MENTION]: I have been facing fork play right since the moment I took the bike out of the showroom. It makes a 'khut' for the first time when I take it out, and behaves normally afterwards. The fork was adjuated during 1st service. After that the sound has significantly reduced, but not gone.
                  I read a post by one lady in one of the forums saying one of the forks was assembled higher/lower than the other, causing play.
                  I will get mine checked again.

                  There is also play in the rear seat in all the Hyderabad bikes I saw. But it doesn't move or rattle while riding.

                  [MENTION=71050]mustang28[/MENTION]: Please observe your arms position while riding, whether one arm seems to be higher than the other.

                  My feeling is that RHS bent clip on should cause the bike to veer to the right and not left.
                  Have you got the fork oil checked like [MENTION=47318]kuntalnag[/MENTION] did? Improper oil level in one fork also causes this drifting.

                  I remember reading that the triple clamp issue was limited to only those 3 bikes which Yamaha recalled and replaced in the U.S., for doubt of cracking.
                  No one reported any missteering or any other complaints.
                  But the fear will remain at the back of our minds!

                  That aside, the bike has done 2750+ happy kms.
                  I think the issues are minor and easily rectifiable. ☺
                  Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                  Comment


                  • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                    Hello sarvajit,

                    Good to see you guys covering kms so fast. Got my self a MT blade helmet, DSG short gloves and face mask by cramster which has become loose after few times of use.

                    Hope to meet you guys soon

                    Sahil

                    Comment


                    • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                      That's good. When is the bike coming? I was also using Cramster balaclava but got this one today from Amazon at 200.
                      Attached Files
                      Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                      Comment


                      • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                        Confused on the bike front but will seal the deal by jan 1st week max. Nice head mask (reminds me of mortal kombat)

                        Edit: each for Rs 200/- shipped, anyway will check amazon.

                        Sahil

                        Comment


                        • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                          Smoothly done, and VD's way.

                          As always Visordown's here with its snazzy, yet simple overview

                          Head-to-head: KTM RC 390 vs Yamaha R3 review

                          KTM RC 390 vs Yamaha R3 review


                          Cheers!
                          VJ
                          Last edited by B7ACKTHORN; 12-22-2015, 12:47 AM.
                          Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
                          The girl said, 'NO!'


                          And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


                          THE END

                          Comment


                          • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                            Originally posted by mustang28 View Post
                            I am facing the exact same issue!
                            If I leave the handlebar, the bike sways to the left. The left fork was adjusted today but that has not solved the problem.

                            Let me know who are you in touch with Yamaha for this. Want to see if replacing the clip-on solves the problem.
                            when i rode sarvajits bike , i did notice the right side was a little too close and my wrists were hitting the tank at close to full lock.. and there was something at the front end that made it feel a little 'lose' .. looks to my like the forks/steering stem bearings (cone set as its locally called) were not installed correctly or somehow damaged and might require adjustment or worst case, replacing the cone-set.(bearing/races or just the balls)

                            Comment


                            • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                              Originally posted by B7ACKTHORN View Post
                              Smoothly done, and VD's way.

                              As always Visordown's here with its snazzy, yet simple overview

                              Head-to-head: KTM RC 390 vs Yamaha R3 review

                              KTM RC 390 vs Yamaha R3 review


                              Cheers!
                              VJ
                              RC 390 costs more than the R3 there.. even though it's a single cylinder ??
                              It's the journey that matters, not the destination.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Yamaha YZF R3 Owners Reviews and Experiences

                                Originally posted by satish_patil View Post
                                RC 390 costs more than the R3 there.. even though it's a single cylinder ??
                                Yes it's costlier than ninja and R3 in US and UK etc. It justifies the price in India but not so much for them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X