Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

The slower the vehicle, the quicker it can turn.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
    I wonder if anyone has read this : Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

    Unbelievable and tempting but not willing to risk it.

    A query to the ninja owners who have the frame sliders installed... Which one should i buy? I saw the Shogun Crash Kit on fatbikez website. Although it says no cut, the installation guide says that the crank case cover needs to be cut. Which frame slider can i buy which does not involve any cutting or sorts to the bike?

    Replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    shogun is the best dude..not cause i have it...cutting crank case is nothing.......btw which other sliders do you have in mind??

    Comment


    • Originally posted by invincible2110 View Post
      @ mr deadlybiker: i only see a "166 kmph" on the speedo & i have done 165 kmph with 82 kilos on board .. & its not 170-180 kmphas mentioned in your post... show me 175kmph if not 180 on your speedo...!!

      actually i've done 160 kmph odd with 82kgs ...i guess more than 30-40 odd times, 165 when i've had the road...180 like u've said says ur bike is extra special ..i guess show me 175kmph!! lol.. i would really want to bow my head to your nick name !!

      Comment


      • How much does the stock gearing allow the Ninja to go?

        Has anyone dyno'ed the Ninja here? The top speed capable from the engine can be checked under 'No Load' conditions in a Dyno.

        So if it can hit a 180 or so on the Dyno, then even in the real world it might be possible given certain favorable conditions working for it....
        _________________________
        LoneWolfRides©

        Comment


        • the ninja has been clocked between 165-172 kmph speeds.


          My offerings to the gods of speed -

          - KTM Duke 200
          - Yamaha RXZ 5 speed


          Comment


          • There was one incident where I ran out of road while testing top speed since I couldn't control it on high speed of my new bike. To my luck, I didn't crash or didn't get hurt, but it was very scary and a narrow escape.

            All I am saying is, if you are NEW TO BIKE - please get used to these faster bikes before you test bikes limit, give some time for you and your bike.
            Most of you may not like advice like these, but I would be happy if at least one gets what I meant !
            U.S on FZ6

            Wayanad- LEH 09 - Coorg - Muthathi - Bye Bye 2008 - First G2G - 07

            Photography

            Comment


            • @Deadly Biker-- in your profile pic, the helmet looks really cool and you are using a Steel Bird in your 250R?
              Last edited by sheelpriye; 03-23-2010, 12:18 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sheelpriye View Post
                @Deadly Biker-- in your profile pic, the helmet looks really cool and you are using a Steel Bird in your 250R?
                I believe the helmet that he is wearing in his profile pic would act as a wind sail if he were to ride at the speeds he's quoting... Besides that steelbird helmet looks deceptively similar to the GP One models that steelbird used to sell a few years ago (under licence). They were supposed to be amongst the better helmets in the market. Although the GP One that I have seems to have a serious wind noise issue.

                @Rockyyyy certainly appreciate the perspective on safety. We all have families who look up to us... so obviously responsibility comes before thrill. I am sure (at least hope) that no one would risk a limb or worse trying to hit a mark on the speedometer. Responsible riding makes a LOT more sense than false bravado, and I trust everyone would keep that in mind when reaching these speeds.

                Comment


                • This is it...

                  I might get the Green Kwacker today.. Just talked to GopiKishan from Bajaj.

                  Editing: got it.. I am loving it
                  Last edited by Wolfpack; 03-23-2010, 07:03 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Congrats Wolfpack!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                      I saw the Shogun Crash Kit on fatbikez website. Although it says no cut, the installation guide says that the crank case cover needs to be cut.
                      Apologies for the error. It's not the crank case cover but counter shaft cover which needs cutting.

                      Originally posted by invincible2110 View Post
                      shogun is the best dude..not cause i have it...cutting crank case is nothing.......btw which other sliders do you have in mind??
                      dunno bro. have heard about shogun being one of the best and want to pick 'em up. only the cutting of the counter shaft cover is putting me off.

                      Also where can I get this fitted in bangalore? Bajaj service guys will not do this job.

                      Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                      I might get the Green Kwacker today.
                      Congrats dude. I'm tryin hard to keep the ninja away from my thoughts for now.
                      ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                        Apologies for the error. It's not the crank case cover but counter shaft cover which needs cutting.



                        dunno bro. have heard about shogun being one of the best and want to pick 'em up. only the cutting of the counter shaft cover is putting me off.

                        Also where can I get this fitted in bangalore? Bajaj service guys will not do this job.



                        Congrats dude. I'm tryin hard to keep the ninja away from my thoughts for now.

                        @n_aditya: Dude when you order the shogun crash kit from fatbikez speak with doug...i will send you his email id...he will send you the complete instructions to fit the frame sliders step by step with photos. Fitting bar end sliders & swing arm sliders is a piece of cake. Dont bother ...every one around the world is fitting the shougun frame sliders which needs cutting a bit of the counter shaft cover. As i stay in Mumbai, i dont know who can help you with fitting ...but i guess there must be a couple of mechanics helping the guys with sports bikes in bangalore. Why dont the bangalore boys...bluevolt...and others answer this!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by invincible2110 View Post
                          @n_aditya: Dude when you order the shogun crash kit from fatbikez speak with doug...i will send you his email id...
                          Thanks a ton bro. I appreciate all the help.

                          I did email fatbikez but mostly got only one liners in reply. Was not too impressed with the way they responded.

                          I have the detailed instructions with photos. Only worried about the cutting part.

                          See linky :Shogun no cut crash kit installation : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums
                          ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

                          Comment


                          • hi guys: just ordered biking gloves from cramster - Rs.1100, so i have only a helmet & gloves as riding gear. What is the other "basic stuff" that is a must have ? At this moment I dont want to spend more than 5k - 10k for the basic riding gear. I am not much of a tourer but do go for 100-200 km rides once a month & rides out of town... at good speeds. Thanks guys.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                              Thanks a ton bro. I appreciate all the help.

                              I did email fatbikez but mostly got only one liners in reply. Was not too impressed with the way they responded.

                              I have the detailed instructions with photos. Only worried about the cutting part.

                              See linky :Shogun no cut crash kit installation : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums
                              Ya...fatbikez replies only with one liners. But an honest website.
                              Speak with Doug & let him know that you know me (Karan) [email protected] , I weighed my options ..did i want to save my frames during a crash...save my money or bother about cutting...which would not interfere with anything at a later stage...i chose saving my money during a crash..so you take a call

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by invincible2110 View Post
                                hi guys: just ordered biking gloves from cramster - Rs.1100, so i have only a helmet & gloves as riding gear. What is the other "basic stuff" that is a must have ? At this moment I dont want to spend more than 5k - 10k for the basic riding gear. I am not much of a tourer but do go for 100-200 km rides once a month & rides out of town... at good speeds. Thanks guys.
                                Atleast get a Riding Jacket.. Cramster Raptor and Pulse both are around 5200 bucks. I am using the Raptor and its totally worth the money. The other option is Planet DSG.

                                Considering Mumbai weather.. Cramster Breezer would suit you best.

                                The next thing on my list is knee pads, planning to get Alpinestar Knee protectors on payday
                                sigpicI feel like Clark Kent on the streets riding the Pulsar, On the track.. with my Ninja.. I feel like Superman.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X