Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Accelerate quick but brake easy.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TenHut View Post
    I dont know if its true or not but I have hit the limiter. It sure does feel like that at 13.5k


    13.5k is what I was thinking. Are you sure?

    @ ten: i tried revving it to the max atleast thrice in 2nd gear....after careful observation i can conclude that it locks between 13.5K & 14K .

    Comment


    • Originally posted by invincible2110 View Post
      @ ten: i tried revving it to the max atleast thrice in 2nd gear....after careful observation i can conclude that it locks between 13.5K & 14K .
      It should be 13.5 as after hitting the limiter the needle dances a little.
      The Magician"

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rennycornelius View Post
        It should be 13.5 as after hitting the limiter the needle dances a little.
        may be...but i'm pretty sure it goes a little above 13.5k & lesser than 14k...guys can someone try this & let us know?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rennycornelius View Post
          It should be 13.5 as after hitting the limiter the needle dances a little.
          It actually bounces off the revlimter due to either a fuel cutoff or ignition cutoff to protect the engine from over revving. Reprogramming the ECU can make the engine revv higher and way past the rev limit. But thats another discussion.
          ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
            Reprogramming the ECU can make the engine revv higher and way past the rev limit. But thats another discussion.
            Yup you can do it but I think that's not a good idea!!

            sigpic

            Comment


            • engine heating

              Hi,
              I have clocked about 150 kms. The engine is getting heated up pretty high. though it stays slightly below the red line.
              Is it common during run in? I think it may be happening due to low rpm limit..
              thanks

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                Hi,
                I have clocked about 150 kms. The engine is getting heated up pretty high. though it stays slightly below the red line.
                Is it common during run in? I think it may be happening due to low rpm limit..
                thanks

                dont bother till it does not red line. Only if red lines which is highly uncommon then stop for a while

                Comment


                • Originally posted by invincible2110 View Post
                  dont bother till it does not red line. Only if red lines which is highly uncommon then stop for a while
                  Yea i thoguht so..thanks for the reply.
                  But is it common? Have the other fellow owners seen this as well?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                    Hi,
                    I have clocked about 150 kms. The engine is getting heated up pretty high. though it stays slightly below the red line.
                    Is it common during run in? I think it may be happening due to low rpm limit..
                    thanks
                    Normally it heats up during slow speed riding. Even if you are standing at a red signal, bike will start heating up immediately. It has been designed with constant airflow through riding in mind. But it should not create any problem. On my bike, the temp meter camps around 75% level during city riding but once you open up the bike even for 200 mtrs, it goes down.
                    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

                    Check out my Ladakh travelogue - Ladakh Ride 2010

                    If you are getting bored with nothing to do in office check out my Rajasthan travelogue - Rajasthan Ride 2012

                    Bank loans for used superbikes is possible - Bank loans for used superbikes

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                      Yea i thoguht so..thanks for the reply.
                      But is it common? Have the other fellow owners seen this as well?

                      very common... everybody has seen it ...

                      Comment


                      • Going for 1st servicing t'row .. need suggetions

                        Finally going for the 1st servicing after clocking 960kms . Are there any particular things I should take care of?

                        The problems I have are;

                        1. the bike is bouncy. Can the suspensions be soften?
                        2. The rear seat makes a "thud" noice if I go through bad patch

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by amitredefined View Post
                          the bike is bouncy. Can the suspensions be soften?
                          The NINJA has stiff suspension setup (for superb cornering and road holding) but it wont be making it bouncy as such, at what roads you experienced that??

                          The rear monoshock has the settings but the front is not having it.
                          The Magician"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rennycornelius View Post
                            The NINJA has stiff suspension setup (for superb cornering and road holding) but it wont be making it bouncy as such, at what roads you experienced that??

                            The rear monoshock has the settings but the front is not having it.

                            Normally on bad road and pot holes

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by amitredefined View Post
                              Normally on bad road and pot holes
                              Thats a known issue buddy... even I faced the same stuff. But my bum is not used to Ninja. In fact my Pulsar now feels like a Sofa

                              Refer to bluevolt and tenhuts comments... might give u an idea

                              http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcyc...tml#post386060

                              http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcyc...tml#post386364
                              sigpicI feel like Clark Kent on the streets riding the Pulsar, On the track.. with my Ninja.. I feel like Superman.

                              Comment


                              • Any mumbai ninja owners wanna go for a ride to lonavala on saturday ...pm me.. Can leave late afternoon on 27th...ofcourse all other biker brothers are invited as well..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X