Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

All the gear all the time (ATGATT).

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by blore_biker View Post
    All,

    I have taken the delivery of my Green Ninja on 18th March evening from Khivaraj Bangalore. Till now clocked 180 kms over the week end rides. So far so good.

    -blore_biker
    Cognrats!! I guess its the green one.
    I am also about to take the delivery tomorrow or day after tmrw. May be we can meetup some time..

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
      If the R15 can do power wheelies in 1st&2nd gear, I don't see why the Ninja shouldn't be able to do it, with about twice as much power.
      But to do a power wheelie, you need to shift up with the throttle wide open near/in redline with hardly any clutch pressed. It does require balls to do that!
      Once I downshifted from 6th to 3rd on my R15 with the throttle wide open&just one finger press of the clutch (don't ask me why I did that)
      &the bike power wheelied a couple of inches&zoomed off like a rocket.
      OK at the risk of sounding like an arrogant asshat I a gonna go ahead and make this post. I wanna try and end this for once and for all.
      I think there is some rampant misunderstanding about power wheelies.
      Power wheelies are not easy even on a 600...let alone a 250 or a 150.

      If you are talking of just getting the front wheel off the ground then its a different thing alltogether. Anything with two wheels can pop a wheelie. You dont even need an engine to do that.

      But if you wanna power wheelie then you cant be arsed about shifting up or down. Power wheelie happens because of 'power' and not because of any other manevours.

      Can the R15 do power wheelies in 1st and 2nd gear ? Hell NO. Sorry..dont mean to be rude but when it cant, it cant. Can a Ninja do a power wheelie in 1st or 2nd ? Hell No. How can it...it doesnt have the power to !!!!!!! The Ninja 250R is actually an anti-wheelie bike and i come accross people saying it power wheelies and that too when you 'up-shift' . Most prolly the thing that you are experiencing is the surge or something.
      I own a Ninja and yet I am saying this. I am saying this cause it cant wheelie. You can shift all you want in any top range of the rpm and you still cant power wheelie either of the two bikes. You can also shift down all you want and you will just end up having insane engine braking. Thats it. No wheelie.

      Guys, a power wheelie is tough to come by even on a 600. Trust me it is....you really have to work for it...you have to be at peak torque ( not just peak horsepower)...then you gotta chop the throttle to make the nose dive/dip and then suddenly crack the throttle FULL open. And its a 600..
      Only a litre bike can power wheelie without nose dipping.

      with 17bhp or 33bhp it is against the laws of physics for a bike to power wheelie simply because there isnt enough power.

      Any which way, wheelies aint cool ( unless if its one when coming out of a corner) so I dont care about it...but saying the ninja 250R or Yamaha R15 power wheelie will mislead ppl here.

      @BasuRR : shift at 13K rpm. Yes the peak horsepower is at 11k rpm but u still gotta shift at 13k. The thing is when you up shift your rpms will drop by approx. 2k
      If you shift at 13k you are gonna end up staying at peak horsepower ( 11k rpm) all the time.
      Shifting at 8K is shifting at peak torque and that will not matter to your top speed or how fast you get there. With 90kgs you could be maxing out your topspeed at 150kmph.
      Last edited by TenHut; 03-22-2010, 12:46 PM.
      sigpic
      when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
      one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
      kamlesh kanda
      NO PACE TOO SLOW
      IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

      Comment


      • throttle response...

        Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
        At what rpm are you shifting the gears. If you are shifting at 8K rpm, it will take a while to gain high speed.
        Ninja is a high revving bike. You can easily take it to 13000rpm. Don't be afraid of doing it..
        Thats what I feel. Experts can add to it or correct me..
        Well even when I shift at 12k rpm, after the shift rpms drop to ~10k or so after shifting (I am using the clutch here, and not trying to jerk the gear w/o using the clutch)... As I said... getting it to 140 seems reasonable, what worried me was that when I was at 160 kmph... I felt no inclination that it would go much faster than that... Since some people had reached higher speeds... wanted to know whether it took them a long time to go beyond 160kmph as well.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TenHut View Post
          OK at the risk of sounding like an arrogant asshat I a gonna go ahead and make this post. I wanna try and end this for once and for all.
          I think there is some rampant misunderstanding about power wheelies.
          Power wheelies are not easy even on a 600...let alone a 250 or a 150.

          If you are talking of just getting the front wheel off the ground then its a different thing alltogether. Anything with two wheels can pop a wheelie. You dont even need an engine to do that.

          But if you wanna power wheelie then you cant be arsed about shifting up or down. Power wheelie happens because of 'power' and not because of any other manevours.

          Can the R15 do power wheelies in 1st and 2nd gear ? Hell NO. Sorry..dont mean to be rude but when it cant, it cant. Can a Ninja do a power wheelie in 1st or 2nd ? Hell No. How can it...it doesnt have the power to !!!!!!! The Ninja 250R is actually an anti-wheelie bike and i come accross people saying it power wheelies and that too when you 'up-shift' . Most prolly the thing that you are experiencing is the surge or something.
          I own a Ninja and yet I am saying this. I am saying this cause it cant wheelie. You can shift all you want in any top range of the rpm and you still cant power wheelie either of the two bikes. You can also shift down all you want and you will just end up having insane engine braking. Thats it. No wheelie.

          Guys, a power wheelie is tough to come by even on a 600. Trust me it is....you really have to work for it...you have to be at peak torque ( not just peak horsepower)...then you gotta chop the throttle to make the nose dive/dip and then suddenly crack the throttle FULL open. And its a 600..
          Only a litre bike can power wheelie without nose dipping.

          with 17bhp or 33bhp it is against the laws of physics for a bike to power wheelie simply because there isnt enough power.

          Any which way, wheelies aint cool ( unless if its one when coming out of a corner) so I dont care about it...but saying the ninja 250R or Yamaha R15 power wheelie will mislead ppl here.
          Ok, I guess I wasn't making myself clear too. I also meant lifting the front just a few inches off the ground, not like proper wheelies they show in stunts!
          I guess this is the end of the wheelie discussion guys, its not possible with these bikes.
          Btw, I'm not into stunting too, I have done only one small wheelie&stoppie in my life, both purely unintentional.
          Last edited by Sarvajit; 03-22-2010, 01:00 PM.
          Quench my thirst with gasoline!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by basu_RR View Post
            Well even when I shift at 12k rpm, after the shift rpms drop to ~10k or so after shifting (I am using the clutch here, and not trying to jerk the gear w/o using the clutch)... As I said... getting it to 140 seems reasonable, what worried me was that when I was at 160 kmph... I felt no inclination that it would go much faster than that... Since some people had reached higher speeds... wanted to know whether it took them a long time to go beyond 160kmph as well.
            anything above 160kmph will be very slow and hard to reach. I am 6 feet tall and weigh 74 kgs and my ninja doesnt do more than 170kmph. u can feed it lsd and it still wont. it also takes insane amount of time to reach 170.

            160 is hit with considerable ease.
            sigpic
            when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
            one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
            kamlesh kanda
            NO PACE TOO SLOW
            IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

            Comment


            • throttle response...

              Originally posted by TenHut View Post
              anything above 160kmph will be very slow and hard to reach. I am 6 feet tall and weigh 74 kgs and my ninja doesnt do more than 170kmph. u can feed it lsd and it still wont. it also takes insane amount of time to reach 170.

              160 is hit with considerable ease.
              Thanks for clarifying... I'll try keeping the engine in the higher revs to see how far it will go with ease... This kind of information & shared experiences helps to set realistic expectations from the bike... So I do appreciate it!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TenHut View Post
                anything above 160kmph will be very slow and hard to reach. I am 6 feet tall and weigh 74 kgs and my ninja doesnt do more than 170kmph. u can feed it lsd and it still wont. it also takes insane amount of time to reach 170.

                160 is hit with considerable ease.
                Out of curiosity, whats the max speed you have achieved and also please describe it how you did it..

                Comment


                • Try to shift just before red zone

                  Originally posted by basu_RR View Post
                  I had taken delivery of my green ninja on 10th March.

                  Is this normal? Or am I supposed to upshift from a lower gear at higher speeds to maintain the engine in power band & help it with momentum? I weigh ~90 kgs so maybe that's a factor here! Just wanted to know what the other owners have experienced.
                  Originally posted by basu_RR View Post
                  Well even when I shift at 12k rpm, after the shift rpms drop to ~10k or so after shifting (I am using the clutch here, and not trying to jerk the gear w/o using the clutch)... As I said... getting it to 140 seems reasonable, what worried me was that when I was at 160 kmph... I felt no inclination that it would go much faster than that... Since some people had reached higher speeds... wanted to know whether it took them a long time to go beyond 160kmph as well.

                  Well Mr.Basu first of all congrats on your new babe.

                  As you had written that you already tried to shift at 12k RPM,I'll say its a good place to shift.Though it takes time to go beyond 165 KMPH
                  but till 165 it can go with ease.Now I had taken it upto 155 with upright position and moreover with pillion,Yes it did.May be you have to crouch perfectly if you know when to shift.
                  While crouching my babe took max. 10-15 seconds to reach 170 from 160,now if 15 seconds is a long time then I cant help in it.
                  But don't give up try until you succeed because every thing in world needs practice if to be done perfectly and moreover you are 5 kgs.lighter than me




                  Originally posted by TenHut View Post
                  @BasuRR : With 90kgs you could be maxing out your topspeed at 150kmph.


                  Originally posted by TenHut View Post
                  anything above 160kmph will be very slow and hard to reach. I am 6 feet tall and weigh 74 kgs and my ninja doesnt do more than 170kmph. u can feed it lsd and it still wont. it also takes insane amount of time to reach 170.

                  160 is hit with considerable ease.
                  I am 95 Kgs and reached in between 175-180 mark.So do I got a special ninja

                  Yes It takes time but not insane amount of time.If you are comparing it with higher sbk then definitely it takes time but if you try your hands on 'The Fastest Indian' then ninja do not take time at all

                  Between your speech on power wheelie was good
                  Last edited by Deadly Biker; 03-22-2010, 02:17 PM.
                  Who am I

                  http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/who-you/...d-xbhpian.html

                  People generally say they can't see me,
                  just because I am too FAST.
                  But I never rode fast,I was always normal
                  and this makes me FURIOUS.

                  FAST n FURIOUS

                  Comment


                  • @Tenhut - what if the rider is 45-50 Kgs and the road is a big downhill . will the front pop up while shifting up ? .

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Puneet1 View Post
                      @Tenhut - what if the rider is 45-50 Kgs and the road is a big downhill . will the front pop up while shifting up ? .
                      add in a speed breaker somewhere and may be then it will!

                      @Tenhut! wtf! I weigh more than 80 and I could do 160+ quite easily switching at redline at a small lap @ chakkan which has only 1.1KM straight line! Common stop comapring it with the CBR



                      Damn! Why am I lurking on this thread... *Must resist*
                      Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

                      .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
                      PowerDrift:.

                      #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
                      #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
                      #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
                      #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
                      #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
                      � Satyen Poojary

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Deadly Biker View Post
                        I am 95 Kgs and reached in between 175-180 mark.So do I got a special ninja

                        Yes It takes time but not insane amount of time.
                        I think you got a special Ninja on your hands there mate ! I aint kidding.



                        Originally posted by Puneet1 View Post
                        @Tenhut - what if the rider is 45-50 Kgs and the road is a big downhill . will the front pop up while shifting up ? .
                        If you are uphill then perhaps yes
                        No chance on a downhill
                        sigpic
                        when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
                        one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
                        kamlesh kanda
                        NO PACE TOO SLOW
                        IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

                        Comment


                        • well...i'm 5:11, 82 kgs and have done 165kmph...but dont think the bike had more in it..i was almost redlining in 6th gear. I personally feel guys who have crossed the 165 mark & touched speeds above this is due to external factors viz weight, wind, slope of the road, speedo error, crouching position some are also concentrating so much on the road that 160-165 sometimes looks like 170kmph..just my personal view!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by satyenpoojary View Post
                            @Tenhut! wtf! I weigh more than 80 and I could do 160+ quite easily switching at redline at a small lap @ chakkan which has only 1.1KM straight line! Common stop comapring it with the CBR
                            I dont know man..I weigh 74 and I cannot exceed 170. Not comparing it to CBR lol...
                            It might have to do with my 15w50 oil though...it could be killing some top end. I have always thought it did but if the margin is so huge I might wanna look into it again. But I doubt the oil will kill a good 10 kmph at the top.

                            Like Invincible said...at about 165-170 the bike has no more juice left in it. I am crouching as low as possible and I never carry weight.
                            Last edited by TenHut; 03-22-2010, 04:08 PM.
                            sigpic
                            when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
                            one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
                            kamlesh kanda
                            NO PACE TOO SLOW
                            IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TenHut View Post
                              I think you got a special Ninja on your hands there mate ! I aint kidding.




                              If you are uphill then perhaps yes
                              No chance on a downhill
                              @ deadly biker: 180 kmph with 95 kgs....dude either you have a special bike or your nick name perfectly fits the speed you touched.. lol. On a serious note i guess a gradual down slope must be helping you.

                              Comment


                              • ^^ or an overoptimistic speedo...


                                My offerings to the gods of speed -

                                - KTM Duke 200
                                - Yamaha RXZ 5 speed


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X