Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Practice slow-speed riding.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bikemanic View Post
    well i guess a full yoshimura exhaust system will give a 3bhp gain at the rear wheel as shown by the dyno chart at the website
    here is the dynochart for 2 brothers for the ninja250r

    Comment


    • 135 Days Up....

      Hey Guys,

      It will be day No 135 on 21/03/2010. Still no signs of the bike. When I called the probiking guys( Have made 4 calls - 1 each month ), they say that they have mailed their head office. Booked the bike at Chennai and I am really losing my patience here. The price has risen by Rs 6000 due to the Budget. Should I remain cool or put up a scene at the Probiking. Thanks..
      Last edited by karthik_freaky; 03-20-2010, 03:10 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by karthik_freaky View Post
        Hey Guys,

        It will be day No 135 on 21/03/2010. Still no signs of the bike. When I called the probiking guys( Have made 4 calls - 1 each month ), they say that they have mailed their head office. Booked the bike at Chennai and I am really losing my patience here. The price has risen by Rs 6000 due to the Budget. Should I remain cool or put up a scene at the Probiking. Thanks..
        I say...make life hell for them! 135 days is a long long time, if they are not able to deliver even after that, you have every right to create a scene. But, whether it will make a difference is 50:50. What have you got to lose anyway?
        The company I keep:
        Yamaha Rx100
        Yamaha RD 350 (HT)
        Bajaj Pulsar 150
        Kawasaki Ninja 250r

        RIDE SAFE! IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU, WHO'LL TAKE CARE OF YOUR BIKE?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by crazy_rahul View Post
          .. maybe that i have changed the rear sprockets +2 would have effected the power.. if that doesnt then i think its just the difference in observing it..
          Your sprocket changes the whole equation dood ! tbh even with the sprocket I am gonna have tough time getting the front off the road..but whatever..

          Outta curiosity though : why a +2 on the Ninja 250R ?...its gonna kill its top end which is fairly usable on our roads !
          Last edited by TenHut; 03-21-2010, 04:58 PM.
          sigpic
          when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
          one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
          kamlesh kanda
          NO PACE TOO SLOW
          IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

          Comment


          • Just went for a ride to panvel via palm beach road & got onto the mumbai-pune expressway by mistake. Now that i had broken the law already..made the most of it..i guess would have clocked 165 kmph ..took the first exit which says "Exit to Khapoli" & was lucky to not have escaped the cops.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Yasser View Post
              I say...make life hell for them! 135 days is a long long time, if they are not able to deliver even after that, you have every right to create a scene. But, whether it will make a difference is 50:50. What have you got to lose anyway?
              Thanks Yaseer.. Am gonna give the Probiking guys a surprise on Monday morning.. Man I have had enough of Bajaj.. If they cant deliver a bike in 135 days, I dont think they are good enough to do business in this competitive world..

              Comment


              • A first!!

                Tasted 140 km/h today on Nice Road from Hosur Road towards Bannerghata.

                Next target 160 km/h.
                sigpicI feel like Clark Kent on the streets riding the Pulsar, On the track.. with my Ninja.. I feel like Superman.

                Comment


                • Ninja 250 doing a Power Wheelie???

                  Was reading a couple of pages back - "Ninja 250r doing a power wheelie"

                  I mean.... a 33 bhp engine, pulling arround 150 kg bike + 70-80 kg biker.... should the bike be doing a power wheelie on it's own???

                  As far as I think.... that aint gonna happen. A couple of inches off ground isn't a wheelie by any standards forget about power wheelies. Even a bicycle's front goes a couple of inches off ground if the front hits a stone!!

                  To do a power wheelie.... the power figures should atleast be somewhere arround 100-110 bhp on the same dry weight.
                  Twist your wrist and feel the shift!!

                  My own thoughts - Throttle

                  Comment


                  • Hey Guys, need some help...I think the stock seat on the Kwacker is a pain in the a**... literally... Is there a place where I can order a decent seat or get one made somewhere in bangalore?

                    Also, just wanted to confirm, when you rev the engine to more than 8K does the sound become much deeper?
                    Last edited by gouravkatyal; 03-21-2010, 07:03 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gouravkatyal View Post
                      Also, just wanted to confirm, when you rev the engine to more than 8K does the sound become much deeper?
                      yes buddy... after 8k its plain music. Simply Orgasmic
                      sigpicI feel like Clark Kent on the streets riding the Pulsar, On the track.. with my Ninja.. I feel like Superman.

                      Comment


                      • Took delivery of my Ninja

                        All,

                        I have taken the delivery of my Green Ninja on 18th March evening from Khivaraj Bangalore. Till now clocked 180 kms over the week end rides. So far so good.

                        -blore_biker

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by csajal View Post
                          Was reading a couple of pages back - "Ninja 250r doing a power wheelie"

                          I mean.... a 33 bhp engine, pulling arround 150 kg bike + 70-80 kg biker.... should the bike be doing a power wheelie on it's own???

                          As far as I think.... that aint gonna happen. A couple of inches off ground isn't a wheelie by any standards forget about power wheelies. Even a bicycle's front goes a couple of inches off ground if the front hits a stone!!

                          To do a power wheelie.... the power figures should atleast be somewhere arround 100-110 bhp on the same dry weight.
                          If the R15 can do power wheelies in 1st&2nd gear, I don't see why the Ninja shouldn't be able to do it, with about twice as much power.
                          But to do a power wheelie, you need to shift up with the throttle wide open near/in redline with hardly any clutch pressed. It does require balls to do that!
                          Once I downshifted from 6th to 3rd on my R15 with the throttle wide open&just one finger press of the clutch (don't ask me why I did that)
                          &the bike power wheelied a couple of inches&zoomed off like a rocket.
                          Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                          Comment


                          • Throttle response in the ninja?

                            I had taken delivery of my green ninja on 10th March. After riding ~200kms everyday, I had finally finished the entire 1600 kms running in period on 19th March (with very little deviation from the recommended engine speeds in the owner's manual).

                            But now that I am supposedly free to wring the throttle as much as I like, I'm feeling a little wary about the throttle response that I'm seeing.

                            Getting the rpms (all rpms typically in top gear) up to 7k-8k seem easy enough, after that I can typically take it to 120kmph on slightly open roads... 140 kmph is possible if roads are slightly downhill (or if I put my head down)... The highest I was able to get to was ~160 kmph (on a very open road - maybe ~2km stretch, with the head down, and it took a very long time to get there from140 kmph.

                            Is this normal? Or am I supposed to upshift from a lower gear at higher speeds to maintain the engine in power band & help it with momentum? I weigh ~90 kgs so maybe that's a factor here! Just wanted to know what the other owners have experienced.

                            Comment


                            • ^^ i feel you are a bit apprehensive about up-shift. Its ok to pull the gear to about 9-10k rpm, when you wanna zip a bit.. other wise up-shifts around the 6-7k mark are fine.

                              The speeds you mentioned could be bettered slightly by upping the shift mark to around the 9-10 zone again for 4-5th and 5-6th gears ( better momentum ). But on the whole realistically what you got is pretty much it.


                              My offerings to the gods of speed -

                              - KTM Duke 200
                              - Yamaha RXZ 5 speed


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by basu_RR View Post
                                I had taken delivery of my green ninja on 10th March. After riding ~200kms everyday, I had finally finished the entire 1600 kms running in period on 19th March (with very little deviation from the recommended engine speeds in the owner's manual).

                                But now that I am supposedly free to wring the throttle as much as I like, I'm feeling a little wary about the throttle response that I'm seeing.

                                Getting the rpms (all rpms typically in top gear) up to 7k-8k seem easy enough, after that I can typically take it to 120kmph on slightly open roads... 140 kmph is possible if roads are slightly downhill (or if I put my head down)... The highest I was able to get to was ~160 kmph (on a very open road - maybe ~2km stretch, with the head down, and it took a very long time to get there from140 kmph.

                                Is this normal? Or am I supposed to upshift from a lower gear at higher speeds to maintain the engine in power band & help it with momentum? I weigh ~90 kgs so maybe that's a factor here! Just wanted to know what the other owners have experienced.
                                At what rpm are you shifting the gears. If you are shifting at 8K rpm, it will take a while to gain high speed.
                                Ninja is a high revving bike. You can easily take it to 13000rpm. Don't be afraid of doing it..
                                Thats what I feel. Experts can add to it or correct me..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X