Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Be smooth with your gear shifts.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by psych0hans View Post
    Does any one have any experience with this? ECU remap by Kiirus Autosports for Kawasaki Ninja 250R priced at INR 20,000. ~ BiKoholic I mailed them and they quoted me 24,000/- for the same... A bit steep, don't you think? Especially when the KTM remap costs 10k...
    Kiirus India are CHEATS – Avoid taking your car to them | kiirusindia


    Just Shared what i saw.

    Comment


    • after-market brake pads

      hi guys,

      any one using aftermarket brake pads ebc sintered/galfer..etc?

      links: EBC SINTERED

      GALFER

      i am happy with what the stock brakes offer,but somehow i feel brake fading is present(only after riding for 200kms or so)!!

      would like to know your inputs regarding this

      regards,
      harsha
      R.I.P vinu s v,you will never be forgotten


      IBA NO:49592(BB2500 & SS1600)



      Kawasaki ninja 250r --- 2010-2012

      Yamaha FZ1 --- 2013--present

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SamArul View Post


        Just Shared what i saw.
        Thanks for your input... Really makes you rethink people's claims...
        Now offering Tyga Performance products in India - Brought to you by Midnight Trades

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dushyant View Post
          guys I want to sell my Ninja 250r, anybody or anyone somebody knows who might be interested
          Yes, I'm interested. Kindly provide the details:
          1. Year.
          2. Kms clocked.
          3. Any accident history?
          4. Price expected by the owner.
          5. Reason for selling.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SamArul View Post
            Just Shared what i saw.
            The first time I drove the car, I didnt feel any difference at all. Abhishek told me that my Swift is making ten more horse power at the maximum. But it felt the same as before. Then he and his group started speaking to me rudely and insisted that the swift is making more power
            Change the map, claim 10hp more, over & above no dyno results!!! Typical tooner mechanic

            Thanks for sharing my friend
            Skill is what keeps you on a Motorcycle
            Awareness + Skill is what keeps you out of harm's way
            ATGATT + Awareness + Skill means you might Live To Ride another day

            Comment


            • Originally posted by harsha645 View Post
              hi guys,

              any one using aftermarket brake pads ebc sintered/galfer..etc?

              links: EBC SINTERED

              GALFER

              i am happy with what the stock brakes offer,but somehow i feel brake fading is present(only after riding for 200kms or so)!!

              would like to know your inputs regarding this

              regards,
              harsha
              The Ninja comes with Nissin Sintered Pad as OE...If you are changing the pads with PBK there should be no problem...still try to find out if OE Sintered or some other Nissin pad had been changed...because the ZMA Nissin or the RTR Organic pads are direct fit in the Ninja Caliper, and Vice Versa.
              When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

              Comment


              • Guys i am planning to make my bike a tad faster which full system exhaust will give me the best performance aka bhp gains?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by psr View Post
                  The Ninja comes with Nissin Sintered Pad as OE...If you are changing the pads with PBK there should be no problem...still try to find out if OE Sintered or some other Nissin pad had been changed...because the ZMA Nissin or the RTR Organic pads are direct fit in the Ninja Caliper, and Vice Versa.

                  I changed my 1st brake pads at 8000 kms. As pads were not available, they used the ZMA's pad. I have already done 10000 kms on them and they may last for 2-3K more.
                  Are they long lasting? - Not sure as I did Rajasthan Trip last month of 3600kms with very less braking.

                  Comment


                  • i wonder how u guys are running ur bikes at todays petrol $$$$....god help us all.....

                    Screw your courage to the sticking place.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by psych0hans View Post
                      Does any one have any experience with this? ECU remap by Kiirus Autosports for Kawasaki Ninja 250R priced at INR 20,000. ~ BiKoholic I mailed them and they quoted me 24,000/- for the same... A bit steep, don't you think? Especially when the KTM remap costs 10k...
                      Originally posted by SamArul View Post


                      Just Shared what i saw.
                      Thanks for sharing. If one really wants to improve the power output while keeping reliability high, spend a little more and go with approved or tested products like Full system exhausts, free flow filters and Power Commanders.

                      @psychohans - These local ECU's will fry your engine and no warranty or insurance will cover any damages. You will need to spend 10x the amount of remap for repairs. In the end you might just scrap the bike

                      Originally posted by harsha645 View Post
                      i am happy with what the stock brakes offer,but somehow i feel brake fading is present(only after riding for 200kms or so)!!
                      Harsha, a lot of ninja 650R owners have upgraded to EBC brake pads, so you can go for them. PlanetDSG and PRS has them for the 250R.

                      But the brakes on the 250R are excellent so i dont think you need to upgrade the pads.

                      Do bleed the brake system and fill fresh fluid. If you feel the brakes are spongy and lack bite, then you will need to bleed the brake lines. You will see significant improvement in the braking force and bite.

                      Originally posted by aargee View Post
                      Change the map, claim 10hp more, over & above no dyno results!!! Typical tooner mechanic
                      In our country customer protection laws are weak and hence people get cheated. Thanks to social media, the awareness is spreading. Seen a lot of tooners like this. I WISH it was so easy to increase horsepower.

                      Originally posted by bikemanic View Post
                      Guys i am planning to make my bike a tad faster which full system exhaust will give me the best performance aka bhp gains?
                      As far as the ownership reports go on ninjette.org, AreaP gives the best power bump. But its not available here. You can only get Leo Vince, Akrapovic, Two Brothers and Yoshimura full systems.

                      Originally posted by amitredefined View Post
                      I changed my 1st brake pads at 8000 kms. As pads were not available, they used the ZMA's pad. I have already done 10000 kms on them and they may last for 2-3K more.
                      Are they long lasting? - Not sure as I did Rajasthan Trip last month of 3600kms with very less braking.
                      That's quite good. Assuming they cost less than half of the ninja pads which are priced at 1400 a set.
                      ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                        That's quite good. Assuming they cost less than half of the ninja pads which are priced at 1400 a set.
                        I don't think so. When I had my karizma in 2009 the brake pad were pricied at around 2800. Now heared they have reduced it to around 1200 but lost the bite of the previous pads. So I think it is same priced as Ninja pads. Amit can confirm that....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by maheshkmr View Post
                          Now heared they have reduced it to around 1200 but lost the bite of the previous pads. So I think it is same priced as Ninja pads. Amit can confirm that....
                          They cost around 1200 . . . similar to Ninja OEM brake pads . . . . they can be used if OEM pads are not in stock.
                          Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

                          Check out my Ladakh travelogue - Ladakh Ride 2010

                          If you are getting bored with nothing to do in office check out my Rajasthan travelogue - Rajasthan Ride 2012

                          Bank loans for used superbikes is possible - Bank loans for used superbikes

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by trustvishwas View Post
                            They cost around 1200 . . . similar to Ninja OEM brake pads . . . . they can be used if OEM pads are not in stock.
                            Wouldnt advise to buy them.
                            They lack a significant amount of bite when compared with the OEM ones. I had one such experience when my front pads got worn out and needed an immediate replacement but there was no stock available. The Karizma ones gave me a spongy bite and on braking hard the stopping distance had increased by a large margin and hence was not comfortable running it in the front. So just swapped the rear brake pad (OEM) to the front and the karizma ones to the back. Its still in pristine condition even after 24000kms!! (well i dont use my rear brakes hence the distance)
                            Last edited by JAKRAP; 05-25-2012, 03:30 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
                            http://www.californiasuperbikeschoolindia.blogspot.com

                            http://www.married2dabike.blogspot.com


                            The only two "PURE" experiences in life are"SINGLE MALT" and "BIKING".

                            Comment


                            • Yes, the ZMA pads costs almost the same as Ninja (probably 100Rs less)

                              @ Jakrap - I do use both the brakes, its kind a habbit now.. .
                              Also one of your bungee cord is with me... sorry I missed it somehow when I returned the bags.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                                Thanks for sharing. If one really wants to improve the power output while keeping reliability high, spend a little more and go with approved or tested products like Full system exhausts, free flow filters and Power Commanders.

                                @psychohans - These local ECU's will fry your engine and no warranty or insurance will cover any damages. You will need to spend 10x the amount of remap for repairs. In the end you might just scrap the bike
                                Hey Aditya, thanks for the input, I already have a full exhaust with power commander. My problem is, I now want to remove the air box and replace it with a bolt on filter... the map on my pcv is only for full exhaust with stock filter removing the air box will make the bike run way lean... There is no known dyno facility available to tune it... almost makes me wish my bike was carbureted so I could just rejet it...
                                Now offering Tyga Performance products in India - Brought to you by Midnight Trades

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X