Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Always keep the chain well lubricated.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by trustvishwas View Post
    Have never experienced it. Will try it out today and let you know. How come no one else had observed this feature till now?
    I've faced this scenario. Its certainly not a feature... I've experienced it a couple of times during hard braking from the high gears (5/6). I just think its the gearbox experiencing extraordinary strain due to the slow moving rear wheel, causing the the high gear to disengage. Its probably just chance/design that it eventually settles for a lower gear. I hope no one's trying to force this behaviour on a regular basis!
    Note: This is not something that happens/should happen frequently.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by basu_RR View Post
      I've faced this scenario. Its certainly not a feature... I've experienced it a couple of times during hard braking from the high gears (5/6). I just think its the gearbox experiencing extraordinary strain due to the slow moving rear wheel, causing the the high gear to disengage. Its probably just chance/design that it eventually settles for a lower gear. I hope no one's trying to force this behaviour on a regular basis!
      Note: This is not something that happens/should happen frequently.
      I have experienced this a couple of time myself. But I think it is more like a feature and the gearbox is designed in that way to release off the strain.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by basu_RR View Post
        I've faced this scenario. Its certainly not a feature... I've experienced it a couple of times during hard braking from the high gears (5/6). I just think its the gearbox experiencing extraordinary strain due to the slow moving rear wheel, causing the the high gear to disengage. Its probably just chance/design that it eventually settles for a lower gear. I hope no one's trying to force this behaviour on a regular basis!
        Note: This is not something that happens/should happen frequently.
        Originally posted by sydney3110 View Post
        I have experienced this a couple of time myself. But I think it is more like a feature and the gearbox is designed in that way to release off the strain.
        I seriously doubt this. Please recheck.
        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

        Check out my Ladakh travelogue - Ladakh Ride 2010

        If you are getting bored with nothing to do in office check out my Rajasthan travelogue - Rajasthan Ride 2012

        Bank loans for used superbikes is possible - Bank loans for used superbikes

        Comment


        • Originally posted by trustvishwas View Post
          I seriously doubt this. Please recheck.
          I might be wrong. But just had the feeling cause the downshift happens so smoothly no stalling nothing. Can try it again once I get back to Goa again only.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gviper View Post
            Hi.. i too got my greenie meanie from kolkata pbk but i had to just wait for the loan to get approved and i had the bike in my hands.. no waiting at all.. it was a pleasant experience...

            I'm having a lovely time with the bike... cant wait to get over 1600kms!! I am just disappointed that i scraped the lowest point of the bike (the rear suspension mount) once over a speedbreaker with a pillion..

            I just wanted to ask the experienced owners this one thing:

            lets suppose i am going in 6th gear at about 50kmph, and i have to brake suddenly for a pothole or something.. and i dont use the clutch the gearbox automatically downshifts a couple of gears so that i can pretty much effortlessly resume throttling again..

            The owners manual although very explanatory doesnt really throw much light on this point.. it just says: "for emergency braking disregard downshifting and concentrate on applying the brakes as hard as possible without skidding"

            can you guys please tell me what exactly is incorporated in the gearbox to do that.. and i also wanted to know whether all bigger superbikes too have this feature?
            I have experienced it at least 3-4 times under hard braking, when faced unexpected speed bumps. This helped me more in concentrating on breaking, rather than shifting the gear down. I have never heard about such a feature in Kawasaki and I was unable to replicate the incident when I tried.

            Could you please let us know which page exactly its mentioned in the owner's manual??!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gviper View Post
              I just wanted to ask the experienced owners this one thing:

              lets suppose i am going in 6th gear at about 50kmph, and i have to brake suddenly for a pothole or something.. and i dont use the clutch the gearbox automatically downshifts a couple of gears so that i can pretty much effortlessly resume throttling again..

              The owners manual although very explanatory doesnt really throw much light on this point.. it just says: "for emergency braking disregard downshifting and concentrate on applying the brakes as hard as possible without skidding"

              can you guys please tell me what exactly is incorporated in the gearbox to do that.. and i also wanted to know whether all bigger superbikes too have this feature?
              The manual has just suggested you to concentrate on your braking rather than downshifting in case of an emergency, as if not braked properly you might lock the tires and end up skiding. As you end up braking properly then you can downshift easily and move on. There is no such feature that in case of hard braking the gear box will adjust and downshifts gears automatically.
              The feature N250R transmission has is Positive Neutral Finder, using this the bike can be shifted from neutral to 1st and from 1st to neutral, not beyond that when standing still.

              Originally posted by sreehari_r1 View Post
              I have experienced it at least 3-4 times under hard braking, when faced unexpected speed bumps. This helped me more in concentrating on breaking, rather than shifting the gear down. I have never heard about such a feature in Kawasaki and I was unable to replicate the incident when I tried.

              Could you please let us know which page exactly its mentioned in the owner's manual??!!
              It is mentioned on page # 41 in the manual.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kiran_borra View Post
                I'm unsure about this Pravu.
                Here in Hyderabad the dealers have no clue about the Green Ninja's delivery as there is no stock in Head Office.
                Due to my complaint in CC, I got a call from Pune - Head Office and they say that they are still waiting for Green Ninja's delivery. The delay is due to the tragedy in Japan - That's what they say !

                @ some showrooms where they had stock readily available they are giving instant delivery.
                Seems that the Japan's tragedy has become a kind of universal weapon to justify the reasons. Even Honda officials citing the same reason out for CBRs. I spoke to the kolkata sales guy today, he sounds promising though.

                Today, due to some free time, I was encouraged to visit Honda show room. My booking is still on count . Here also am number 1 in the waiting list for Honda ABS.

                I test drove cbr-std version with a pillion( the bonafide owner). To my amazement I got accustomed to it in the very initial 5 mins of time. May be 2 yrs of riding with R15 was the operating reason. I did a bit of cornering as well. I came past my previous figure of 124km/hr ( Knee bending) with R15 to 127km/hr with ceeber. I felt as if its a bigger R15. The road presence was appreciable. I felt riding a 600cc but its true that there is a power lag. The bike didnt touch the 127km/hr with all ease. If Honda had taken care of this power figure, I bet this CBR 250R must have been a huge hit throwing a comprehensive package in every department.

                Guys, its not an ownership experience. I just thought to pour my candid opinions having tested P220dtsfi and R15 to their full potentials before. I do not mind if Ninja does not do impressive in city rides due to bad low end torque but its the highway which often calls for performance. And, I do not think any machine in near future can match up with Ninja's ineffable power and aggression. The KWACKER rules and its more like despotism in a better way. Thumbs up to all Ninjettes.
                Last edited by pravu; 05-28-2011, 09:23 PM. Reason: typo
                sigpic
                Your bike is way better than babes,only thing is that you need a proper vision to mull over this fact. :D

                Comment


                • Originally posted by trustvishwas View Post
                  Have never experienced it. Will try it out today and let you know. How come no one else had observed this feature till now?
                  Neither have I....

                  Originally posted by sreehari_r1 View Post
                  I have experienced it at least 3-4 times under hard braking, when faced unexpected speed bumps. This helped me more in concentrating on breaking, rather than shifting the gear down. I have never heard about such a feature in Kawasaki and I was unable to replicate the incident when I tried.

                  Could you please let us know which page exactly its mentioned in the owner's manual??!!
                  Very strange, never read of such a feature. Never experienced it either while doing hard braking...
                  To be The Best, You got to beat The Celebrity...
                  xBHP Trivandrum ICE sheet
                  - RX 100 ('87)
                  - Ninja 250 ('10)
                  - Impulse ('11)
                  - Tiger 800 ('20)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by trustvishwas View Post
                    I tried to replicate this today. I am unable to replicate it even after 6 tries and so should conclude that auto downshifting is not the case. After braking, till 15-17 kmph, everything was ok. Below that speed, the bike started shuddering. But IT DID NOT AUTO DOWNSHIFT.

                    @gviper - please check whether this is driveline shudder or actual downshifts again and post. Thanks in advance.
                    there is no such feature on the ninja. if any one is experiencing auto downshifts they should get their gear box / ninja checked.

                    @ TV do not tax your ninja too much. it hurts your chain,sprokets.
                    Mountain biking on impulse with my wife and our bike goes down in water

                    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...own-water.html

                    my saddle sore 1600k is official - the story

                    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...ddle-sore.html

                    my space
                    www.harikesh.com

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pravu View Post
                      Seems that the Japan's tragedy has become a kind of universal weapon to justify the reasons. Even Honda officials citing the same reason out for CBRs. I spoke to the kolkata sales guy today, he sounds promising though.

                      Today, due to some free time, I was encouraged to visit Honda show room. My booking is still on count . Here also am number 1 in the waiting list for Honda ABS.

                      I test drove cbr-std version with a pillion( the bonafide owner). To my amazement I got accustomed to it in the very initial 5 mins of time. May be 2 yrs of riding with R15 was the operating reason. I did a bit of cornering as well. I came past my previous figure of 124km/hr ( Knee bending) with R15 to 127km/hr with ceeber. I felt as if its a bigger R15. The road presence was appreciable. I felt riding a 600cc but its true that there is a power lag. The bike didnt touch the 127km/hr with all ease. If Honda had taken care of this power figure, I bet this CBR 250R must have been a huge hit throwing a comprehensive package in every department.

                      Guys, its not an ownership experience. I just thought to pour my candid opinions having tested P220dtsfi and R15 to their full potentials before. I do not mind if Ninja does not do impressive in city rides due to bad low end torque but its the highway which often calls for performance. And, I do not think any machine in near future can match up with Ninja's ineffable power and aggression. The KWACKER rules and its more like despotism in a better way. Thumbs up to all Ninjettes.
                      Hi Pravash bhai..I feel that the Ninja 250 will be a proper upgrade from the R15.The Kawasaki Ninja 250R has been around since 1986.
                      If you get the CBR,there will be some thirst for power after some period of time.If you plan on using your Ninja 250R primarily as a city commuter bike, or a weekend toy to bomb around town, the 250R is a great choice.The only problem with it is the lack of service support in the smaller cities.
                      Apache RTR 180 2011 | Honda Activa 2010 | CBZ Xtreme 2010 (1 month) |Apache 160 FI 2009-2010
                      Bajaj Kristal 2007-2011
                      ----------------------------------------------

                      Comment


                      • thanks for your opinion guys...

                        all i can tell you is i have tried it a few times in a week (braking hard without clutch) and found it happening every time.. it is not a fault with the gearbox as some people are guessing.. but all i can tell you is it is a very useful feature as u dont lose time down shifting yourself.. anyway since a lot of the experienced people here are saying that they havent felt it, i would go and retry it.. and also ask the service centre people.. but yes one thing's for sure maybe you guys havent felt it because u might be using the clutch everytime while braking while i prefer using the clutch unless i am too slow.. or maybe sumthing i am doing wrong eh?! will check further n let u all know..

                        my next question:-

                        what does this mean with regards to the ninja 250r: it has "a clutch damper to avoids jerks at minimum speed"..
                        how does this work?

                        actually i want to know all the stuff that goes on behind the beautiful plastic.. inside!..

                        thanx a lot.. ride safe..

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sudeepnbr View Post
                          Ahh... I know your black Ninja... I can know that if its you in one sight (I even know the number). But I didn't knew that you were in BTP! Lets catch up sometime.
                          So that means there are two Ninjas in BTP! Well, this green one I saw around 6pm when I was leaving from office. He was with a matt black LS2 helmet.

                          hey man,
                          it was me.. i remember the day it was raining.. i had a tough time in getting my way out of that clumsy road.. i was on a visit to Cypress semi...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by therealabhinav View Post
                            i paid 995 for my ninja cover. it had kawasaki written on it
                            Originally posted by vkuchhal View Post
                            I also have the same one... Nice cover for the price..
                            can someone post a pic of the kawasaki cover please.

                            is it better quality than the Probiking cover?

                            is it an actual Kawasaki cover? or just one that Bajaj had made?
                            .
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • OT

                              Originally posted by THE Invinsible View Post
                              hey man,
                              it was me.. i remember the day it was raining.. i had a tough time in getting my way out of that clumsy road.. i was on a visit to Cypress semi...
                              Ah okay! Good to know that. So you don't work there? Just visiting sometimes?
                              Sudeep P Nambiar
                              Facebook | Twitter | Bangalore CBR 250R Riders Facebook Group
                              "If the path is beautiful, let us not ask where it leads. And if the destination is beautiful, let us not ask how is the path..."

                              Comment


                              • Bike Cover

                                Originally posted by xionite View Post
                                can someone post a pic of the kawasaki cover please.

                                is it better quality than the Probiking cover?

                                is it an actual Kawasaki cover? or just one that Bajaj had made?
                                Now this is exactly what I wanted to post. I would really like to see some quality photos of the bike with the Kwaker cover on.
                                Biking knows no language, but passion.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X