Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got the rear seat cowl for 4380/ rs. tax and fitting included.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Krishna Ragunathan View Post
      I need a good bike cover from day 1, so spoke to the PBK guys, they mentioned that the one they have for the Ninja is good enough and would cost me around Rs450/- or 500/-. What's your take on that guys, and I need good Crash Bobbins, a.k.a- Frame Sliders, checked the one on Planet DSG, guess GamerNFSMW's using them, how good are they?
      Where are you based? About the frame sliders. I would recommend the Puigs (They are available with Bachoo Motors in Mumbai and they ship all over India).
      Ninja 250R '10
      Pulsar 180 '03

      Comment


      • Guys, the 650r is now just 16 days away!!!.

        Originally posted by nitro66 View Post
        Got the rear seat cowl for 4380/ rs. tax and fitting included.
        She looks really hawt now
        Torque...because sometimes testosterone just doesn't cut it..

        VR46- Born: 16/02/1979
        <F.I> - Born: 16/02/1995


        I blog here ---> http://lifewithasuperbike.blogspot.in/

        2008 Hero Octane
        2012 Yamaha R15 WGP Edition

        Comment


        • Hello people... I have a question about the bike... Can this bike cruise at 140-150 for long hours...? Is the engine very stressed at those speeds...? I am thinking to upgrade very soon... The CBR is not an option in my list... And the Hyosung or the bigger Ninja (which anyways doesn't excite me much) might just be out of my budget... I am looking for a fun bike which can do higher speeds as I wanna go long trips on the bike... And yea approx 30-40 kms of daily city riding...

          So if I can't budget for the 650's the baby is gonna be my choice... And I can also pimp it up with performance parts... Makes sense...?

          Opinions welcomed...
          "stay hungry, stay foolish."

          To those who have attitude... My middle finger salutes you...!

          Rajmachi Conquered...!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by j4zb4 View Post
            Hello people... I have a question about the bike... Can this bike cruise at 140-150 for long hours...? Is the engine very stressed at those speeds...? I am thinking to upgrade very soon... The CBR is not an option in my list... And the Hyosung or the bigger Ninja (which anyways doesn't excite me much) might just be out of my budget... I am looking for a fun bike which can do higher speeds as I wanna go long trips on the bike... And yea approx 30-40 kms of daily city riding...

            Opinions welcomed...
            I am riding ninja for more than 20 months now and use it every day for commuting. No problems faced till now.

            I don't know about 140-150 but I cruised from Tumkur to Kolhapur (540 km) constantly at 120+. The bike had ability to go faster but I was travelling alone and did not want to ride faster so kept it at 120 (which incidentally happens at 8k rpm which is where peak torque is).

            Incidentally, on that day, I rode from Chennai to Pune in 15 hours and was still able to go to office at 9 am next day. This speaks a lot about bike's touring abilities.(not mine)

            Originally posted by j4zb4 View Post
            So if I can't budget for the 650's the baby is gonna be my choice... And I can also pimp it up with performance parts... Makes sense...?
            Ninja 650 and 250 are two different bikes. 650 is oriented towards touring. It would be much more comfortable than 250 but 250 (besides being cheaper) would be easier to ride every day.

            Pimping any bike with performance (looking) parts for more than 10% value of the bike makes no sense to me. I say performance looking, because, none of the parts you would put on would make much difference to bike's performance. They do improve looks but not performance.
            Last edited by trustvishwas; 05-24-2011, 05:40 PM.
            Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

            Check out my Ladakh travelogue - Ladakh Ride 2010

            If you are getting bored with nothing to do in office check out my Rajasthan travelogue - Rajasthan Ride 2012

            Bank loans for used superbikes is possible - Bank loans for used superbikes

            Comment


            • Originally posted by trustvishwas View Post
              I don't know about 140-150 but I cruised from Tumkur to Kolhapur (540 km) constantly at 120+. The bike had ability to go faster but I was travelling alone and did not want to ride faster so kept it at 120 (which incidentally happens at 8k rpm which is where peak torque is).

              Incidentally, on that day, I rode from Chennai to Pune in 15 hours and was still able to go to office at 9 am next day. This speaks a lot about bike's touring abilities.(not mine)
              +1; and I did NH 1 couple of times, and personally I am quite comfortable at 100- 120 (be it a 2 or 4 wheeler), beyond that the risk is quite high (considering the state of our NH's, especially in North India)
              GuRpReEt SiNgH

              Ninja goes to Spiti 2011: http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/1...oes-spiti.html
              Ninja goes to Leh 2012: http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...-goes-leh.html

              Comment


              • Originally posted by trustvishwas View Post
                I am riding ninja for more than 20 months now and use it every day for commuting. No problems faced till now.

                I don't know about 140-150 but I cruised from Tumkur to Kolhapur (540 km) constantly at 120+. The bike had ability to go faster but I was travelling alone and did not want to ride faster so kept it at 120 (which incidentally happens at 8k rpm which is where peak torque is).

                Incidentally, on that day, I rode from Chennai to Pune in 15 hours and was still able to go to office at 9 am next day. This speaks a lot about bike's touring abilities.(not mine)



                Ninja 650 and 250 are two different bikes. 650 is oriented towards touring. It would be much more comfortable than 250 but 250 (besides being cheaper) would be easier to ride every day.

                Pimping any bike with performance (looking) parts for more than 10% value of the bike makes no sense to me. I say performance looking, because, none of the parts you would put on would make much difference to bike's performance. They do improve looks but not performance.
                Originally posted by GuRpReEt SiNgH View Post
                +1; and I did NH 1 couple of times, and personally I am quite comfortable at 100- 120 (be it a 2 or 4 wheeler), beyond that the risk is quite high (considering the state of our NH's, especially in North India)
                Thanks for your inputs... Yea I think around 130 would be a practical speed on our highways... Especially since I plan to travel with a pillion...

                BTW wasn't comparing the 250 and the 650 ninja... Although I think that I would be more at ease doing long hauls with a 650 (Not so much the Hyosung)... What I meant to say was that although I am hellbent on picking up a 650 I might not be able to fit it into my budget...

                Darn I am so confused...!
                "stay hungry, stay foolish."

                To those who have attitude... My middle finger salutes you...!

                Rajmachi Conquered...!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • anyone who's switched to lime green cowls...

                  i need the two rear panels.
                  lemme know. i'm in new bombay.

                  there were a few of u guys who responded
                  earlier... but i can't seem to find those posts.
                  .
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by j4zb4 View Post
                    Thanks for your inputs... Yea I think around 130 would be a practical speed on our highways... Especially since I plan to travel with a pillion...

                    BTW wasn't comparing the 250 and the 650 ninja... Although I think that I would be more at ease doing long hauls with a 650 (Not so much the Hyosung)... What I meant to say was that although I am hellbent on picking up a 650 I might not be able to fit it into my budget...

                    Darn I am so confused...!
                    The bike isn't very comfortable for pillions, i'd suggest you have a test ride before deciding since touring is the primary reason for your purchase...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by vkuchhal View Post
                      450 or 500 only... i got mine for a 1000 bucks one yr back.. has the price dropped or we people in bangalore always end paying more..
                      i paid 995 for my ninja cover. it had kawasaki written on it
                      http://www.facebook.com/therealabhinav?ref=profile

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by j4zb4 View Post
                        Hello people... I have a question about the bike... Can this bike cruise at 140-150 for long hours...? Is the engine very stressed at those speeds...? I am thinking to upgrade very soon... The CBR is not an option in my list... And the Hyosung or the bigger Ninja (which anyways doesn't excite me much) might just be out of my budget... I am looking for a fun bike which can do higher speeds as I wanna go long trips on the bike... And yea approx 30-40 kms of daily city riding...

                        So if I can't budget for the 650's the baby is gonna be my choice... And I can also pimp it up with performance parts... Makes sense...?

                        Opinions welcomed...
                        yes it can cruise at 140 -150 long hrs without getting engine stressed,i did hyderabad to banglore keeping the engine revving more than 10k rpm for most of the time,i never felt that engine was stressed during the whole trip.Its quite comfortable touring on ninja i would say as i havent faced any after ride effects,cant compare touring on ninja with other bikes as its my first bike
                        R.I.P vinu s v,you will never be forgotten


                        IBA NO:49592(BB2500 & SS1600)



                        Kawasaki ninja 250r --- 2010-2012

                        Yamaha FZ1 --- 2013--present

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by harsha645 View Post
                          yes it can cruise at 140 -150 long hrs without getting engine stressed,i did hyderabad to banglore keeping the engine revving more than 10k rpm for most of the time,i never felt that engine was stressed during the whole trip.Its quite comfortable touring on ninja i would say as i havent faced any after ride effects,cant compare touring on ninja with other bikes as its my first bike
                          i second this! cruises effortless at 150kmph for hours on end (i can vouch upto 5 hours as we rode our ninjas for pretty much 5 hours straight)
                          http://www.facebook.com/therealabhinav?ref=profile

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by therealabhinav View Post
                            i second this! cruises effortless at 150kmph for hours on end (i can vouch upto 5 hours as we rode our ninjas for pretty much 5 hours straight)
                            "cruises effortless at 150kmph"... is just insane to ride. nobody should do that. in case you have to react to a situation at this speed, it is sort of not possible. i dont know how many of you have faced a static truck / object in front at a high speed you will know that it takes only a fraction of a second to slow down and clear the same. well at a speed above 120 you are asking for real trouble. the ninja is capable of sustaining high speeds. how ever anything above 120 kph should be for a short burst only lets say depends upon the how clear the road is and how frequently you have gone on that road.

                            ninja is definitely not a toy bike. it is brutally powerful. the idea is to ride responsibly and comfortably within your absolute confidence level. do push the bike to the max but on a road that you know inside out and for a distance that you can totally concentrate without even blinking your eyes even once. if i have to recommended a safe riding max speed for the ninja it stops at 120 kph.

                            ride safe ride long.. should be the thumb rule for all my young ninja owners out there.
                            Mountain biking on impulse with my wife and our bike goes down in water

                            http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...own-water.html

                            my saddle sore 1600k is official - the story

                            http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...ddle-sore.html

                            my space
                            www.harikesh.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by harikeshpk View Post
                              "cruises effortless at 150kmph"... is just insane to ride. nobody should do that. in case you have to react to a situation at this speed, it is sort of not possible. i dont know how many of you have faced a static truck / object in front at a high speed you will know that it takes only a fraction of a second to slow down and clear the same. well at a speed above 120 you are asking for real trouble. the ninja is capable of sustaining high speeds. how ever anything above 120 kph should be for a short burst only lets say depends upon the how clear the road is and how frequently you have gone on that road.

                              ninja is definitely not a toy bike. it is brutally powerful. the idea is to ride responsibly and comfortably within your absolute confidence level. do push the bike to the max but on a road that you know inside out and for a distance that you can totally concentrate without even blinking your eyes even once. if i have to recommended a safe riding max speed for the ninja it stops at 120 kph.

                              ride safe ride long.. should be the thumb rule for all my young ninja owners out there.
                              Very well said sir, very apt.
                              And even CBR can sustain happily speeds of 120 without even a strain. I have not pulled beyond that as run-in.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by therealabhinav View Post
                                i paid 995 for my ninja cover. it had kawasaki written on it
                                I also have the same one... Nice cover for the price..
                                RIP Marco

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X