Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Keep your helmet tightly strapped up.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
    Any pictures of kerala girls that we can expect?I hope Abhi wasn't in charge of the camera if so it must have been tough to stop him from snapping pics of huge rear wheels and tyres(his addiction) on bikes(wish he had the same view about girls though)!!! A case in point,look at his avtar pic!! it shows the rear of his bike,the surprising thing is ,it doesn't show the huge rear wheel !!
    None for the Kerala girls pictures , I was having the camera yet I dont have many pictures, I am not a photo Junkie as others were in Group.

    I was expecting this from you when I was uploading the new avatar, I even told Shreeni or he told me just now when were chatting

    Ps - Will drop by your place in the evening

    PPS - for record's sake thier were two bigger tyre bikes in the trip than mine, an Dazzler with 110/80-17 & FZ with 140/60-17
    sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
      Any pictures of kerala girls that we can expect?I hope Abhi wasn't in charge of the camera if so it must have been tough to stop him from snapping pics of huge rear wheels and tyres(his addiction) on bikes(wish he had the same view about girls though)!!! A case in point,look at his avtar pic!! it shows the rear of his bike,the surprising thing is ,it doesn't show the huge rear wheel !!
      Since Abhi's hands weren't holding the camera ,they would have been put to better use..like controlling the ride .Abhi isn't a show off, and his Avatar justifies it...He has his subtle ways I guess..
      When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
        None for the Kerala girls pictures , I was having the camera yet I dont have many pictures, I am not a photo Junkie as others were in Group.

        I was expecting this from you when I was uploading the new avatar, I even told Shreeni or he told me just now when were chatting

        Ps - Will drop by your place in the evening

        PPS - for record's sake thier were two bigger tyre bikes in the trip than mine, an Dazzler with 110/80-17 & FZ with 140/60-17
        Don't worry there's always a next time next time around we'll alter your bike and put a 140/100/18 tyre.
        What can you expect? with engine running super lean , the heaviest rear wheel with spokes in india ?!and 100 section rear tyre?You should have put your K&N as well !
        I am surprised it even managed to touch 100!!
        By the way,if you haven't heard,fuel has gone up by 5 bucks!!
        Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by psr View Post
          since abhi's hands weren't holding the camera ,they would have been put to better use..like controlling the ride .abhi isn't a show off, and his avatar justifies it...he has his subtle ways i guess..:d
          Yes very subtle indeed.
          Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
            Yes very subtle indeed.
            When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by psr View Post
              Since Abhi's hands weren't holding the camera ,they would have been put to better use..like controlling the ride .Abhi isn't a show off, and his Avatar justifies it...He has his subtle ways I guess..
              I was holding the camera & It was put in to right use

              Subtle ways ,
              sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

              Comment


              • @ Gixxer - Our Abhi was busy thinking about installing 3.5 gear on his Fiero. Also cribbing about mileage was never ending .

                Comment


                • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
                  I was holding the camera & It was put in to right use

                  Subtle ways ,
                  When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                    Hey nano, regarding the KHATT sound, i have this same problem with my F2 all the time.. i get the sound when releasing the clutch as well as when depressing (both sounds emit when riding in stop and go traffic situations). The sound does not exactly come from the clutch bell, but it comes from the rear sprockets mostly... my mech opens the chain cover and tightens the screws bolted on to the rear sprocket. there are 4 small screws along the circumference... just give it a try... this is my experience....
                    Well, you should be right , as now i am not facing that problem either ways, and as i said that it completely disappeared when i swapped the bore kit to the 180's.
                    I had changed my sprocket set at that same time.
                    maybe the new set was well tightened, thus it stopped.

                    but it sounds too much from the front, more than the rear.

                    Thanks for adding a word.

                    @ all

                    After a back to back ride on different fiero's, the response of a classic fiero is such that whatever problem the bike's facing, one can easily identify, compared to F2/FX.
                    Or maybe i am soo used to EVERY DAMM PROBLEM on the bike, that i can sniff it easily on a lighter classic fiero.

                    Tasting the STOCK fiero after a long time, i would like to throw some light on the differences.

                    Compared to what mine, Bprags and Gix's bike (maybe), a stock fiero firstly feels much much lighter.
                    with the term lighter i mean the engine light, feels low on torque, as well as power, and feels that the piston is very light, but still peppy and responsive.
                    Secondly the bike feels as its struggling to supply enough power across the revv range, specially the mid range.
                    regarding the TOP END, well its still fast but the time it takes to reach there is too much, overtaking is a problem as the bike doesn't have enough torque to jump from 60-80 or 70-90 quickly, even worse on lower range.

                    Bottom-line is, ITS A SIN to keep a fiero stock, this bike has a lot left inside it, and it has to be unleashed.
                    However i would recommend a swing arm upgrade to all the classic fiero owners, as it feels very very unstable.

                    coming back to the clutch thing.

                    What i get is, that it could be the springs, or as gix said, maybe i need better plates than OEM as my usage is high.

                    But i would like to know from PSR, that once he had submitted a link in this thread about the hydraulic clutch mod, so is it really useful ?

                    maybe it won't take care of slippage, but will it take care of anything else ?
                    Is it a worthy installment ?
                    Giving a lot to a fiero.
                    Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                      But i would like to know from PSR, that once he had submitted a link in this thread about the hydraulic clutch mod, so is it really useful ?

                      maybe it won't take care of slippage, but will it take care of anything else ?
                      Is it a worthy installment ?
                      A hydraulic clutch actuator is to replace the strain of the clutch operation,through cable.It is like the power brake in cars. The hydraulic actuator ,if set up properly,reduces the effort to actuate the clutch, as compared to the cable, and also eliminates the cable and its associated problems like adjustment, cable snapping etc.
                      Mostly used in SBKs as they have CAR engines...
                      When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by psr View Post
                        A hydraulic clutch actuator is to replace the strain of the clutch operation,through cable.It is like the power brake in cars. The hydraulic actuator ,if set up properly,reduces the effort to actuate the clutch, as compared to the cable, and also eliminates the cable and its associated problems like adjustment, cable snapping etc.
                        Mostly used in SBKs as they have CAR engines...
                        i recall one xbhpian had done this conversion on his rtr as a college project.
                        Socha Toh Locha.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by velociraptor13 View Post
                          i recall one xbhpian had done this conversion on his rtr as a college project.
                          Yep it was his final year project and had cost him 6 K..he is from chennai
                          When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Shreeni0403 View Post
                            @ Gixxer - Our Abhi was busy thinking about installing 3.5 gear on his Fiero. Also cribbing about mileage was never ending .
                            @All

                            I'll tell you guys what happened yesterday.Abhi came to my place yesterday looking totally crestfallen,like the earth below his feet had disappeared!!He grabbed a chair and sat holding his head in his hands.He was shaking his head and mumbling incoherently about something and i had no idea as to what could cause him such agony!
                            I thought for a moment and suddenly it struck me!! ,only one thing could have caused such agony to him!! and it can't be any other thing!!.His family and friends must have hidden Silk Smitha's death!!!! till now and the poor guys must have learnt about it!! Hence the shock!! I then understood what he was going through and i told him to take it like a man!! Then i put a elvis track and told him to visualize Rathi dancing to it(it always works for me ).
                            Then abhi snapped out of it and told me that " There's no justice left in this world anymore,no wonder world is going to end in 2012!!This is Kaliyug!! evil is walking the earth!! " i told him that shit happens bro,look at the brighter side Silk Smitha died in her prime and before you could see her aged looks!! so suck it up and get back to your life.Then he told me his rant was against a 223cc bike with 120 section phat tyre!! getting more mileage than his 150 cc bike!!! Shreeni's bike was giving more mileage than his bike!!
                            Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                              @All
                              Then abhi snapped out of it and told me that " There's no justice left in this world anymore,no wonder world is going to end in 2012!!This is Kaliyug!! evil is walking the earth!! " i told him that shit happens bro,look at the brighter side Silk Smitha died in her prime and before you could see her aged looks!! so suck it up and get back to your life.Then he told me his rant was against a 223cc bike with 120 section phat tyre!! getting more mileage than his 150 cc bike!!! Shreeni's bike was giving more mileage than his bike!!
                              When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                                @All

                                I'll tell you guys what happened yesterday.Abhi came to my place yesterday looking totally crestfallen,like the earth below his feet had disappeared!!He grabbed a chair and sat holding his head in his hands.He was shaking his head and mumbling incoherently about something and i had no idea as to what could cause him such agony!
                                I thought for a moment and suddenly it struck me!! ,only one thing could have caused such agony to him!! and it can't be any other thing!!.His family and friends must have hidden Silk Smitha's death!!!! till now and the poor guys must have learnt about it!! Hence the shock!! I then understood what he was going through and i told him to take it like a man!! Then i put a elvis track and told him to visualize Rathi dancing to it(it always works for me ).
                                Then abhi snapped out of it and told me that " There's no justice left in this world anymore,no wonder world is going to end in 2012!!This is Kaliyug!! evil is walking the earth!! " i told him that shit happens bro,look at the brighter side Silk Smitha died in her prime and before you could see her aged looks!! so suck it up and get back to your life.Then he told me his rant was against a 223cc bike with 120 section phat tyre!! getting more mileage than his 150 cc bike!!! Shreeni's bike was giving more mileage than his bike!!
                                Jesus Christ Dude , OMFG you are too good in writing & I am sure you are wasting your career as a Software professional, Its not too late take up a profession in any of the local dailies & I am sure people will love you for your sense of humour
                                sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X