Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

All the gear all the time (ATGATT).

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
    Anand is off mood since we are not discussing the 2 legged SBKs anymore I guess!
    Anyway, how often is tappet adjustment/valve clearance setting necessary in Fieros? I remember the manual having something written as check&adjust every 10K kms.or something like that.
    However, my mechanic feels it is a crime to touch the tappets/carburettor&as a result the bike has never seen any tuning in the last 7+ years.
    Now I'm really feeling the need for it, since the performance is going down drastically, thanks to the worn out camchain too!
    You are damn right about SBK's of 2 legged variety,so was doing the same on other sites
    Timing chain ,on a fiero at least doesn't need any periodic replacement ,unlike car belts.Your mech must have screwed up by over tightening the tensioner ,or had installed it improperly which might have lead to early wearing out of cam chain.

    When the bike starts making a whining sound like a pulsar,then it means the chain tensioner has been wrongly installed on a fiero.The mech had made the same mistake on my bike a few days back while servicing and he was adamant in saying that it was ok to run it like that ,rather than admitting his mistake.He hadn't taken off the spring while installing the tensioner and hence it was sounding like a pulsar.He was saying it won't affect the engine at all,were as it will bring the performance down and cause early wear out.Then i made him install it properly and it was back to her silent best.

    Regarding the opening of the carb,if you keep it un-opened like that,then it would have sealed to become a block.Take nano's stock carb and N_aditya's carb,their carbs had sealed bolts because of not servicing it and carb is made of alloy.So if the threads of the bolts get torn when trying to remove them ,then it's time to search for a new carb .As tapering of the idle and air screw tapering will be lost when new threads are made at a lathe.
    Originally posted by MaSh View Post
    What are the symptoms of a worn out Camchain?
    If your bike starts sounding like a pulsar ,it means chain is gone or that there's some problem with the head.
    Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

    Comment


    • I agree with your explanation regarding the timing chain. Since nothing can be done about it now, I will get the timing chain&tensioner replaced at next service.
      Carb servicing/tuning is subject to availability of CO machine.
      If there is a problem with the threads, I'll call you from there itself.
      Quench my thirst with gasoline!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
        I agree with your explanation regarding the timing chain. Since nothing can be done about it now, I will get the timing chain&tensioner replaced at next service.
        Carb servicing/tuning is subject to availability of CO machine.
        If there is a problem with the threads, I'll call you from there itself.
        What happened to your shifting to bangalore plans?now that your mom and sis are with you.Get your A$$ here and i'll get her tuned up!
        Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
          What happened to your shifting to bangalore plans? Now that your mom and sis are with you.Get your A$$ here and I'll get her tuned up!
          As of now they are here only. If sis gets a job in Bangalore, then the Fiero will follow suit in due course of time!
          Quench my thirst with gasoline!

          Comment


          • Ahh alright. If you are sure about it and know a good guy who can do it well. Go Ahead. Is your guy close to home? Take a ride on my bike some day, then you can make out the difference very clearly.
            **MaSh**

            **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
              Ahh alright. If you are sure about it and know a good guy who can do it well. Go Ahead. Is your guy close to home? Take a ride on my bike some day, then you can make out the difference very clearly.
              The mech.is from the same SVC near Ameerpet that I told you about last time. He is the only one probably there that knows a bit about Fieros, but is unwilling to do stuff unless pushed.
              Your bike is a monster-no comparing mine with that.
              Quench my thirst with gasoline!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                The mech.is from the same SVC near Ameerpet that I told you about last time. He is the only one probably there that knows a bit about Fieros, but is unwilling to do stuff unless pushed.
                Your bike is a monster-no comparing mine with that.
                Oh that Service Center soon after the flyover, near fruit sellers? The one at Hafizpet is terrible. Let me know when you head to the Service Center. Shall join and get my chain adjusted along with new shocks and some weight reduction.

                Monster, yeh she sure is one. Its been a year since the upgrade and I still don't know what speeds she does. I have never ridden any other Fiero to be able to compare. Can only only compare her from her pre-upgrade era.
                **MaSh**

                **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

                Comment


                • Strange, no posts in 2 days.

                  Does any one have contacts in TVS? I need a pair of RTR's Gas shocks and RTR180 Exhaust kit. On the same note, any idea, if any modification is needed to fit a RTR180 exhaust on a RTR 160 head?

                  MaSh
                  **MaSh**

                  **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
                    Strange, no posts in 2 days.

                    Does any one have contacts in TVS? I need a pair of RTR's Gas shocks and RTR180 Exhaust kit. On the same note, any idea, if any modification is needed to fit a RTR180 exhaust on a RTR 160 head?

                    MaSh
                    Strange indeed About the modifications needed, i don't think so.Still i'll let you know.So keep posting,we 4 are the only guys left on this thread it seems.
                    Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                    Comment


                    • Hey i m very much alive!

                      Now, in a few days i will have to change the chain-sproket setup, the speedo cable, and may be the speedo console.(the odo reading has been stuck at 60k for like 3.5 yrs!!)

                      can u guys tell me the cost of all the mentioned parts, so that i would get a rough idea as to how much i would have to spend.

                      Also now there is a wierd kind of noise coming out from the rear sproket side whenever i go over a pothole. this would never happen before. what could be the problem? is the noise from the chain and rear sproket, or from the chain hitting the inside of the chain guard when the bikes goes over a bump? Is this an indication that the chain-sproket has worn out? I have ridden the bike for 38,000kms on this setup. once the ASS mech pointed out that the teeth of the rear sprocket has slightly worn out, but he told me that it would run for like another 8-10k kms. the noise started coming when i was riding the bike in the rains. but it dint start immediately, but from the next day!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                        Hey i m very much alive!

                        Now, in a few days i will have to change the chain-sproket setup, the speedo cable, and may be the speedo console.(the odo reading has been stuck at 60k for like 3.5 yrs!!)

                        can u guys tell me the cost of all the mentioned parts, so that i would get a rough idea as to how much i would have to spend.
                        Get the chain adjusted and see whether the sound goes.I will try and find out the prices when i'll go there to get the manifold i am waiting for.
                        Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                        Comment


                        • ok. i think it is 750rs or something... not sure though...

                          And as u know mine is a old bike, so are there any components in the engine, or the cables etc etc. which i will have to COMPULSORILY changed?? i mean there has to be certain parts which needs replacement after a period of time. I recently got the clutch cable changed, and the accelerator cable is the original one. so do i need to change it considering the age? well i find the acc cable to become hard during the rains. is it ok??

                          And also as far as i remember, TVS has provided an empty slot for fitting in a 5th gear in the 'box. so can the extra gear be fitted? are the ASS mechs capable of doing this job? This bike has the capacity to cross the 110kmph mark if there were a 5th gear. i am tired of doin 100-105kmph. i want some more of the top speed!! this bike being a 12bhp machine has the guts to easily beat the hell out of any modern 150cc machine!!

                          So is this mod possible? and how much would it cost approximately?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                            Strange indeed About the modifications needed, i don't think so.Still i'll let you know.So keep posting,we 4 are the only guys left on this thread it seems.
                            Hmmm sure, the issue is I am unable to get my hands on a RTR 180 exhaust. New or Old. If I can get one, I can check if it can work with an adapter or something.

                            Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                            Hey i m very much alive!

                            Now, in a few days i will have to change the chain-sproket setup, the speedo cable, and may be the speedo console.(the odo reading has been stuck at 60k for like 3.5 yrs!!)

                            can u guys tell me the cost of all the mentioned parts, so that i would get a rough idea as to how much i would have to spend.

                            Also now there is a wierd kind of noise coming out from the rear sproket side whenever i go over a pothole. this would never happen before. what could be the problem? is the noise from the chain and rear sproket, or from the chain hitting the inside of the chain guard when the bikes goes over a bump? Is this an indication that the chain-sproket has worn out? I have ridden the bike for 38,000kms on this setup. once the ASS mech pointed out that the teeth of the rear sprocket has slightly worn out, but he told me that it would run for like another 8-10k kms. the noise started coming when i was riding the bike in the rains. but it dint start immediately, but from the next day!
                            Even my speedo needle has been sleeping for a very long time. Thinking of getting rid of the console all together. It should look good with just the handle and a round headlight.

                            Yes its time to change the set. I have changed twice. Currently running on a Apache 150 sprocket set. The sound could be a loose chain hitting the chain guard.
                            **MaSh**

                            **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
                              Hmmm sure, the issue is I am unable to get my hands on a RTR 180 exhaust. New or Old. If I can get one, I can check if it can work with an adapter or something.



                              Even my speedo needle has been sleeping for a very long time. Thinking of getting rid of the console all together. It should look good with just the handle and a round headlight.

                              Yes its time to change the set. I have changed twice. Currently running on a Apache 150 sprocket set. The sound could be a loose chain hitting the chain guard.
                              Y r u using the A150 sproket?? fiero ones r no longer available??

                              reagarding the round headlamp setup, it will definetly look kool!! i have seen some fieros with this setup!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                                ok. i think it is 750rs or something... not sure though...

                                And as u know mine is a old bike, so are there any components in the engine, or the cables etc etc. which i will have to COMPULSORILY changed?? i mean there has to be certain parts which needs replacement after a period of time. I recently got the clutch cable changed, and the accelerator cable is the original one. so do i need to change it considering the age? well i find the acc cable to become hard during the rains. is it ok??

                                And also as far as i remember, TVS has provided an empty slot for fitting in a 5th gear in the 'box. so can the extra gear be fitted? are the ASS mechs capable of doing this job? This bike has the capacity to cross the 110kmph mark if there were a 5th gear. i am tired of doin 100-105kmph. i want some more of the top speed!! this bike being a 12bhp machine has the guts to easily beat the hell out of any modern 150cc machine!!

                                So is this mod possible? and how much would it cost approximately?
                                Nothing needs to be changed periodically ,if there's no issue.

                                I had thought of that too a long time back,fitting a extra cog,but was told that there's no space.So the other option is to put a 5th gear of some other bike in place of our 4th gear.But i won't be doing any such things, till the GB needs opening up.
                                Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X