Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Practice slow-speed riding.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sushanth.nakkana View Post
    I have just installed a full exhaust on my bike & it sounds really nice. You can check out the video here..
    I like the flames and the sputter... its like a rally machine.

    Do let us know if this a stainless steel end can or a carbon fiber one.

    I think it'll sound like a dirt bike at high revv's.

    Do post a better video, something in the open. closed spaces mask the sound a lot.

    enjoy the new exhaust.

    Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
    Please PM me your contact numbers. I should be in Bangalore around 24th or 25th of September.

    Look forward to seeing and meeting you all.
    PM sent. looking forward to meeting you. do call me when you reach here.
    ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

    Comment


    • PUC for Ninja 250R

      We had planned for a trip to Bharatpur on weekend. So, went to get the pollution under control (PUC) certificate for my Ninja, just in case police asks.

      When I got the bike to the pollution checking center (near Rajokri flyover, Delhi), first found that Kawasaki Ninja is not in the list of vehicles. Even Bentley is there in list, but not Ninja or Kawasaki. So, I asked him to put it under Bajaj Motorcycles and issue a certificate, which the person agreed. He did the test and issued a certificate. I took the certificate to check the details and found that CO level being printed out as 0. I asked him, did he issue without checking. To which he said, he did, but no CO level is found. Also, the HC level was coming as only nhexane 5.

      Is the catalytic converter so good that it makes ninja running on hydrogen and releasing vapour? Or the pollution checking center is a bad one?

      Has anyone got a PUC issued for Ninja 250?
      Last edited by n_venki_2001; 09-19-2010, 10:45 AM.

      Comment


      • Interesting stuff.... Even I had wondered abt the Pollution testing part... but somebody told me it's not required for a newly registered vehicle for the 1st 1 year...

        maybe the experts can shed more light into the concern...
        To be The Best, You got to beat The Celebrity...
        xBHP Trivandrum ICE sheet
        - RX 100 ('87)
        - Ninja 250 ('10)
        - Impulse ('11)
        - Tiger 800 ('20)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Celebrity View Post
          Interesting stuff.... Even I had wondered abt the Pollution testing part... but somebody told me it's not required for a newly registered vehicle for the 1st 1 year...

          ...
          for the first year for a new vehicle PCertificate is not required. most local police know that just by seeing your bike registration no. keep a photocopy of the RC book any way.

          ninja default cannister has cat convertors . well my bike is just 2 months old and most official ninjas must be under 12 months. so some wait here.
          Mountain biking on impulse with my wife and our bike goes down in water

          http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...own-water.html

          my saddle sore 1600k is official - the story

          http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...ddle-sore.html

          my space
          www.harikesh.com

          Comment


          • Sir Vipin Rathore accompanied us to two of our rides into twisties.

            Good riding Sir Vipin Rathore ! Cheers, was good fun seeing the Ninja at Lavasa again !
            sigpic
            when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
            one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
            kamlesh kanda
            NO PACE TOO SLOW
            IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by n_venki_2001 View Post
              Has anyone got a PUC issued for Ninja 250?
              Yes, I got one after a month or so of getting the 250. Yes, the guy put the name as 'Bajaj Ninja' and the results were way below the allowed norms so I did not bother to go into details. Just paid him for the certificate and was on my way.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by harikeshpk View Post
                for the first year for a new vehicle PCertificate is not required. most local police know that just by seeing your bike registration no. keep a photocopy of the RC book any way.

                ninja default cannister has cat convertors . well my bike is just 2 months old and most official ninjas must be under 12 months. so some wait here.
                exactly the same info which i had got earlier... thanQ for confirming it...
                To be The Best, You got to beat The Celebrity...
                xBHP Trivandrum ICE sheet
                - RX 100 ('87)
                - Ninja 250 ('10)
                - Impulse ('11)
                - Tiger 800 ('20)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
                  Bangalore 250R owners,

                  I will be heading for a ride south of Pune, I will be travelling through Karnataka,Kerala,Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra. The last stop before we return to
                  Pune will be Bangalore. If any are interested maybe we can meetup in Bangalore?

                  Please PM me your contact numbers. I should be in Bangalore around 24th or 25th of September.

                  Look forward to seeing and meeting you all.
                  Hey Hyperion...pls elaborate bout the ride? When u intend to do it n is it solo?

                  Cheers,
                  Amod.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by n_venki_2001 View Post
                    We had planned for a trip to Bharatpur on weekend. So, went to get the pollution under control (PUC) certificate for my Ninja, just in case police asks.

                    When I got the bike to the pollution checking center (near Rajokri flyover, Delhi), first found that Kawasaki Ninja is not in the list of vehicles. Even Bentley is there in list, but not Ninja or Kawasaki. So, I asked him to put it under Bajaj Motorcycles and issue a certificate, which the person agreed. He did the test and issued a certificate. I took the certificate to check the details and found that CO level being printed out as 0. I asked him, did he issue without checking. To which he said, he did, but no CO level is found. Also, the HC level was coming as only nhexane 5.

                    Is the catalytic converter so good that it makes ninja running on hydrogen and releasing vapour? Or the pollution checking center is a bad one?

                    Has anyone got a PUC issued for Ninja 250?
                    you are required to carry a PUC after 1year of purchase of vehicle. that is funny. if CO level was zero then why would we worry about pollution bro? the equipment at the testing centre is faulty. pollution control isnt taken seriously in india. policemen themselves ask for RCB and license never a PUC !

                    OT: where to get this check done in chennai? RTO? or are there special centres for it? please help. my bike is more than 1year old.
                    Regardless, Life shall go on.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by yellowspunk View Post
                      you are required to carry a PUC after 1year of purchase of vehicle. that is funny. if CO level was zero then why would we worry about pollution bro? the equipment at the testing centre is faulty. pollution control isnt taken seriously in india. policemen themselves ask for RCB and license never a PUC !

                      OT: where to get this check done in chennai? RTO? or are there special centres for it? please help. my bike is more than 1year old.
                      lot of big petrol pumps have it . there is one in adyar = the petrol pump next to malar hospital
                      Leh
                      http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/1...d-reasons.html

                      The Southern Sojourn
                      http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/best-tra...-remember.html

                      Munnar - Kodai
                      http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/5...-page-6-a.html

                      Goa
                      http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/6...ers-8days.html

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by n_venki_2001 View Post
                        Is the catalytic converter so good that it makes ninja running on hydrogen and releasing vapour? Or the pollution checking center is a bad one?
                        Kawasaki has something called "Kawasaki Clean Air system" which is their cat-con actually. This recycles the exhaust gases to ensure minimal pollution. At least this is what the manual says.

                        Originally posted by TenHut View Post
                        Sir Vipin Rathore accompanied us to two of our rides into twisties.

                        Good riding Sir Vipin Rathore ! Cheers, was good fun seeing the Ninja at Lavasa again !
                        So it was Vipin on the green ninja. Awesome riding i must say. Saw the pics on Tenhut's FB album and i was mighty impressed with the way the bikes were being ridden.

                        Vipin and Tenhut, please teach us lesser mortals on how to lean and ride with the knee down.

                        EDIT:
                        Can anyone confirm if the ninja has a revvlimiter? asking this again as I saw myself revving to a little over 14k rpm on my ride on saturday. Had previously also overrevved on a couple of occasions. IIRC someone mentioned that the revvlimiter kicks in at 13,500 RPM but this doesnt happen on my bike. Strange.
                        Last edited by n_aditya; 09-20-2010, 12:45 PM.
                        ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                          So it was Vipin on the green ninja. Awesome riding i must say. Saw the pics on Tenhut's FB album and i was mighty impressed with the way the bikes were being ridden.
                          fellow kawasaki riders ! When/If you outgrow the Ninja 250R...just go get yourself this one. Anything else would be a mistake. This bike = alien !
                          Teaser pic ! The rider on ninja isnt vipin...vipin dons a black gear.
                          I think the 250R hits the rev limiter at 14.5k rpm ! ...it isnt one like R15 but there exists a limiter..
                          Last edited by TenHut; 09-20-2010, 03:15 PM.
                          sigpic
                          when i ride bullet before my bullet was solid condition but i once race with a Ceilo car and my engine size. mechancic say bullet is good bike but no racing. it is good for three people and very powerful.
                          one day when i become rich i but ducati and then I race with cars. not now.
                          kamlesh kanda
                          NO PACE TOO SLOW
                          IF you're at all going to be a respectable rider one day, leave your pride at the "door."

                          Comment


                          • Seat covers and bike covers?

                            Does anyone tried out any seat covers on the ninja? Are there any available? What if the stock one gets torn?

                            Any bike covers available to shield it from the rains?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TenHut View Post
                              Sir Vipin Rathore accompanied us to two of our rides into twisties.

                              Good riding Sir Vipin Rathore ! Cheers, was good fun seeing the Ninja at Lavasa again !
                              All credit goes to Ritter TenHut who introduced me to another level of riding.

                              PS - @tenhut, it's Rathor, not 'Rathore' .
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • No PUC (Pollution Under Control) certificate is required for a new bike/car for the 1st 6 months.
                                Last edited by Sarvajit; 09-20-2010, 06:51 PM.
                                Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X