Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Hot days = molten tar = slip/slide.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nitro66 View Post
    Tomorrow is going to be one of the biggest day of my life. If everthing goes fine then tomorrow morning I will be headed towards north above 10000 ft(sea level). Did some mods . put customized seat. here is the pic.
    cost is INR-90.00
    The seat looks awesome.. Where did you got it from. must be really comfortable..
    now you can do a saddle sore without being sore at the a**..

    Did i read it correctly.. 90 rupees only.. Oh man.. figures like these for some after market accessories for the ninja is unbelievable.
    RIP Marco

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nitro66 View Post
      Tomorrow is going to be one of the biggest day of my life. If everthing goes fine then tomorrow morning I will be headed towards north above 10000 ft(sea level). Did some mods . put customized seat. here is the pic.
      cost is INR-90.00
      Looks great at this price.
      What all mods you had done for this?

      Comment


      • Anyone from here works in Bagmane Tech Park, Bangalore???

        Well, for the first time I saw a Green Ninja in Bagmane Tech Park today! It's the latest Ninja with Green tail section and white instrument console.
        Sudeep P Nambiar
        Facebook | Twitter | Bangalore CBR 250R Riders Facebook Group
        "If the path is beautiful, let us not ask where it leads. And if the destination is beautiful, let us not ask how is the path..."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kariznin View Post
          I too searched for the same reflective green color to match with the bike color but didn't found one.
          Reflective ones are available but in slightly different green color.
          Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
          Check this out - Keiti Reflective Wheel Stripe - 900.00Rs

          Seen it on a friends bike and it matches the ninja green color. Its not reflective. Its fluorescent but looks fab on the wheels. I'm thinking of getting one for my bike sometime.
          How about the FZ-S Green rim tapes from Yamaha.
          I don't know about now but sometime back I saw at a Yamaha showroom that they sell the rim tapes as an accessory.
          Last edited by kiran_borra; 05-12-2011, 10:04 PM. Reason: typo

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kiran_borra View Post
            How about the FZ-S Green rim tapes from Yamaha.
            I don't know about now but sometime back I saw at a Yamaha showroom that they sell the rim tapes as an accessory.
            I have seen those tapes on FZ-S but I think they are on a darker side (will not go good with Ninja's green) and that too they are not reflective.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Itzli View Post
              If one actually digs deep into the spare parts, most of them are from India, if you dismantle your speedometer, it will be from pricol :-) . Proud to say India has quality automotive spares industry.

              Only grouch is why should we import, what was once exported from here. Bajaj seems to be veering more towards the KTM and with a decreasing intrest toward the Kawasaki.

              It has been almost a 2 years since the Ninja landed here, but thankfully the number of owners have remained small, hence we are getting some service (however expensive or pathetic it is).

              Bajaj needs to really pull up its act.

              had second service of my ninja today at chennai pbk. new oil filter,oil and service cost me 1500/- . oil change and filter was insisted by me else the same is optional. they have put the oil from the bulk stock of bajaj dtsi oil. ride feels slightly rough from before at speeds above 100 kmph. hope the ride gets better with some more kms on the odo. did 150 kms ( from chennai to vellore ) today from 1-00 pm to 3-00 pm absolutely hot weather after the service. temp guage remains on the high above centre point but below the red zone. ( speeds from 100 to 150 kmph ) ninja did okay.

              the whole service quality is in the hands on your mechanic and one had to keep fingers crossed and hope things go well. plus point is they permit you to be with your bike. one thing is sure, no more bajaj dtsi oil for me.

              pbk informs that they will deal with only bajaj avenger, kawasaki bikes, and KTM. no more pulsar sales from pbk shortly. kawi 650 may be launched by end june or so.
              Last edited by harikeshpk; 05-12-2011, 10:55 PM. Reason: to add text
              Mountain biking on impulse with my wife and our bike goes down in water

              http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...own-water.html

              my saddle sore 1600k is official - the story

              http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...ddle-sore.html

              my space
              www.harikesh.com

              Comment


              • Originally posted by vkuchhal View Post
                The seat looks awesome.. Where did you got it from. must be really comfortable..
                now you can do a saddle sore without being sore at the a**..

                Did i read it correctly.. 90 rupees only.. Oh man.. figures like these for some after market accessories for the ninja is unbelievable.
                hahahaha "No more sorrow".and ya it is 90 Rs Taxpaid. Quality of foam is not good so cant say it is long term or not. Actually tomorrow I am going for my first official trip. dont have time to search better quality foam. Let see how it work.


                Originally posted by kariznin View Post
                Looks great at this price.
                What all mods you had done for this?
                No mods at all it is just like a seat cover. u can remove it if u dont want. just open the seat...... All thoughts are mine and work done by seat maker...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by harikeshpk View Post
                  had second service of my ninja today at chennai pbk. new oil filter,oil and service cost me 1500/- . oil change and filter was insisted by me else the same is optional. they have put the oil from the bulk stock of bajaj dtsi oil. ride feels slightly rough from before at speeds above 100 kmph. hope the ride gets better with some more kms on the odo. did 150 kms ( from chennai to vellore ) today from 1-00 pm to 3-00 pm absolutely hot weather after the service. temp guage remains on the high above centre point but below the red zone. ( speeds from 100 to 150 kmph ) ninja did okay.

                  the whole service quality is in the hands on your mechanic and one had to keep fingers crossed and hope things go well. plus point is they permit you to be with your bike. one thing is sure, no more bajaj dtsi oil for me.

                  pbk informs that they will deal with only bajaj avenger, kawasaki bikes, and KTM. no more pulsar sales from pbk shortly. kawi 650 may be launched by end june or so.
                  If that is true , that is some good news .. so only experienced technicians will work on our ninjas..

                  Originally posted by nitro66 View Post
                  hahahaha "No more sorrow".and ya it is 90 Rs Taxpaid. Quality of foam is not good so cant say it is long term or not. Actually tomorrow I am going for my first official trip. dont have time to search better quality foam. Let see how it work.



                  No mods at all it is just like a seat cover. u can remove it if u dont want. just open the seat...... All thoughts are mine and work done by seat maker...
                  but still the Job looks clean.. for for just 90 bucks good deal.. I think in Bangalore it will cost somewhere around 300+ or so.

                  best of luck for your ride.. Ride safe..
                  RIP Marco

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kiran_borra View Post
                    How about the FZ-S Green rim tapes from Yamaha.
                    I don't know about now but sometime back I saw at a Yamaha showroom that they sell the rim tapes as an accessory.
                    Originally posted by kariznin View Post
                    I have seen those tapes on FZ-S but I think they are on a darker side (will not go good with Ninja's green) and that too they are not reflective.
                    I have used the FZ green rim stripes. They look fabulous. They are just the right width.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
                      I have used the FZ green rim stripes. They look fabulous. They are just the right width.
                      Would be gr8 if you could post a couple of pics

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by harikeshpk View Post
                        the whole service quality is in the hands on your mechanic and one had to keep fingers crossed and hope things go well. plus point is they permit you to be with your bike. one thing is sure, no more bajaj dtsi oil for me.
                        Rightly said sir, same had happened to me when I had taken my bike for it's 1st service, don't know what mechanic had done but the bike lost it's charm but after complaining to them went again and some other mechanic attended this time and woooooooo!!!! it was back in Action.

                        Originally posted by harikeshpk View Post
                        pbk informs that they will deal with only bajaj avenger, kawasaki bikes, and KTM. no more pulsar sales from pbk shortly. kawi 650 may be launched by end june or so.
                        Same was told by PBK Showroom Manager here in Delhi that PBK will only have KTM and Kawasaki bikes by this year end or so and Ninja 650R will be here by mid June.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
                          I have used the FZ green rim stripes. They look fabulous. They are just the right width.
                          Not seen them on a green Ninja, so thought it will have a little mismatch with the color.

                          Originally posted by kiran_borra View Post
                          Would be gr8 if you could post a couple of pics
                          +1
                          Last edited by kariznin; 05-13-2011, 01:02 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sudeepnbr View Post
                            Anyone from here works in Bagmane Tech Park, Bangalore???

                            Well, for the first time I saw a Green Ninja in Bagmane Tech Park today! It's the latest Ninja with Green tail section and white instrument console.
                            Dude.. I work in Bagmane Tech Park.. But mine is a black Kwacker..

                            Shit! I thought mine was the only one here..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by justyhere View Post
                              Dude.. I work in Bagmane Tech Park.. But mine is a black Kwacker..

                              Shit! I thought mine was the only one here..
                              Ahh... I know your black Ninja... I can know that if its you in one sight (I even know the number). But I didn't knew that you were in BTP! Lets catch up sometime.
                              So that means there are two Ninjas in BTP! Well, this green one I saw around 6pm when I was leaving from office. He was with a matt black LS2 helmet.
                              Sudeep P Nambiar
                              Facebook | Twitter | Bangalore CBR 250R Riders Facebook Group
                              "If the path is beautiful, let us not ask where it leads. And if the destination is beautiful, let us not ask how is the path..."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Itzli View Post
                                If one actually digs deep into the spare parts, most of them are from India, if you dismantle your speedometer, it will be from pricol :-) . Proud to say India has quality automotive spares industry.

                                Only grouch is why should we import, what was once exported from here. Bajaj seems to be veering more towards the KTM and with a decreasing intrest toward the Kawasaki.

                                It has been almost a 2 years since the Ninja landed here, but thankfully the number of owners have remained small, hence we are getting some service (however expensive or pathetic it is).

                                Bajaj needs to really pull up its act.
                                +1 on the spare parts.

                                I found the decline, just with in two service.

                                Originally posted by harikeshpk View Post
                                had second service of my ninja today at chennai pbk. new oil filter,oil and service cost me 1500/- . oil change and filter was insisted by me else the same is optional. they have put the oil from the bulk stock of bajaj dtsi oil. ride feels slightly rough from before at speeds above 100 kmph. hope the ride gets better with some more kms on the odo. did 150 kms ( from chennai to vellore ) today from 1-00 pm to 3-00 pm absolutely hot weather after the service. temp guage remains on the high above centre point but below the red zone. ( speeds from 100 to 150 kmph ) ninja did okay.

                                the whole service quality is in the hands on your mechanic and one had to keep fingers crossed and hope things go well. plus point is they permit you to be with your bike. one thing is sure, no more bajaj dtsi oil for me.

                                pbk informs that they will deal with only bajaj avenger, kawasaki bikes, and KTM. no more pulsar sales from pbk shortly. kawi 650 may be launched by end june or so.
                                You should have tried a different oil, after all the posts regarding the quality of the dtsi oil.
                                I noticed it after the 1st service, plus difficulty in lower gear shift. Changed the oil to Motul in the 2nd service.

                                PBK will deal with sales of those bikes, but the service will be done at the same service station. You are right, it all depends on mechanic/engineer who will take care of our bikes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X