Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Squeeze that brake, don’t grat a handful.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bajaj Avenger - All versions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

    Originally posted by arjunb25 View Post
    Guys what do you all advice in filling nitrogen gas in our avanger which has a tube tyre in it. Is it worth it to fill in this gas. As a person feels care free for 1 month.
    I have been using nitrogen gas since 3.5 years and lemme say...it's worth the fill !!! Fewer gas checks needed..suits on long rides hot tarmac..plus little bit increased comfort

    Comment


    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

      Originally posted by bencherian View Post
      I have been using nitrogen gas since 3.5 years and lemme say...it's worth the fill !!! Fewer gas checks needed..suits on long rides hot tarmac..plus little bit increased comfort
      Your tyre is a tube tyre right. I only ride in the city i don't take the bike on the high way or for long rides. Been driving low after my hand surgery. Have a plate inside but that does not stop the passion of ridding a bike. Please give me more input on this. Here they are charging only 10 rs per tyre.
      click me
      FACEBOOK

      Comment


      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

        Originally posted by arjunb25 View Post
        Your tyre is a tube tyre right. I only ride in the city i don't take the bike on the high way or for long rides. Been driving low after my hand surgery. Have a plate inside but that does not stop the passion of ridding a bike. Please give me more input on this. Here they are charging only 10 rs per tyre.
        That's very cheap, over here in Mumbai they charge 200-300 rupees (Depends where you go) to make the card and 10 rs per tire.
        But yea, it's worth the money you put in, just make sure after the fill, do not use any air to refill, only use Nitrogen.
        "Biking: the Under-Rated and Drug-Free Antidepressant"


        Comment


        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

          Originally posted by shadcool786 View Post
          That's very cheap, over here in Mumbai they charge 200-300 rupees (Depends where you go) to make the card and 10 rs per tire.
          But yea, it's worth the money you put in, just make sure after the fill, do not use any air to refill, only use Nitrogen.
          Originally posted by bencherian View Post
          I have been using nitrogen gas since 3.5 years and lemme say...it's worth the fill !!! Fewer gas checks needed..suits on long rides hot tarmac..plus little bit increased comfort
          Thanks guys shall be going tomorrow to get it fill as today i noticed that even after a week on 28 front and 32 at the back in one week the front air was showing 20 and the back was showing 25. This is just in one weeks time. where as the tyre is brand new. So i guess i will get the nitrogen put. And check after 1 week if there is any errors.
          click me
          FACEBOOK

          Comment


          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

            Originally posted by arjunb25 View Post
            Thanks guys shall be going tomorrow to get it fill as today i noticed that even after a week on 28 front and 32 at the back in one week the front air was showing 20 and the back was showing 25. This is just in one weeks time. where as the tyre is brand new. So i guess i will get the nitrogen put. And check after 1 week if there is any errors.
            Why you want to put that much pressure..as per written..it's 21 front and 25 back right? Go for same..for grip n comfort or at least do max of 23 front and 28 back...anything more than that makes ride bump...less grippy... You got what I mean ??

            Comment


            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

              yHello mates,

              I owned pulsar 150 ug3 for 4 years, it was good, sold it to buy scooter, now the bike freak inside me is biting me again to own a bike, at present i handed over scooter to my father, i am looking for a new bike.

              I was about to buy honda hornet in april, yesterday went for test ride with wife and 3 year old baby girl.

              My baby likes to sit in between tank and rider, hornet is not comfortable in this matter due to short handlebar.

              Also my wife doesnt find hornets pillion seat to be that comfortable, seat is heighted as well.

              So went to bajaj showroom to have a look at avenger series, wife said to buy A220 cruise, but i like the street handlebar, took test rides of 150 and 220 both,

              150 is good, but i need some more power on tap, i dont drive too fast, drive between 50 to 90 that to touches 90 very ocassionally, but i need to reach that speed faster for overtakes and avoid heavy traffic conditions and then slow down again to 50kmph.

              I can manage 40-45 mileage, loved the power A200S produces.

              Now the question is .... i took TD of just 3kms, ride felt comfortable, my height is 5.11 and weight is 72kgs, daily office commute is just 20kms and weekend runabouts are 200kms,

              Will i be comfortable on that seat with a pillion male / female ?

              Thank You.

              PS: wife loves avenger from 2011 since we went on honeymoon and rented avenger at goa, travelled 120kms.
              Last edited by PremSoni85; 03-14-2016, 01:05 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                Originally posted by PremSoni85 View Post
                yHello mates,

                I owned pulsar 150 ug3 for 4 years, it was good, sold it to buy scooter, now the bike freak inside me is biting me again to own a bike, at present i handed over scooter to my father, i am looking for a new bike.

                I was about to buy honda hornet in april, yesterday went for test ride with wife and 3 year old baby girl.

                My baby likes to sit in between tank and rider, hornet is not comfortable in this matter due to short handlebar.

                Also my wife doesnt find hornets pillion seat to be that comfortable, seat is heighted as well.

                So went to bajaj showroom to have a look at avenger series, wife said to buy A220 cruise, but i like the street handlebar, took test rides of 150 and 220 both,

                150 is good, but i need some more power on tap, i dont drive too fast, drive between 50 to 90 that to touches 90 very ocassionally, but i need to reach that speed faster for overtakes and avoid heavy traffic conditions and then slow down again to 50kmph.

                I can manage 40-45 mileage, loved the power A200S produces.

                Now the question is .... i took TD of just 3kms, ride felt comfortable, my height is 5.11 and weight is 72kgs, daily office commute is just 20kms and weekend runabouts are 200kms,

                Will i be comfortable on that seat with a pillion male / female ?

                Thank You.

                PS: wife loves avenger from 2011 since we went on honeymoon and rented avenger at goa, travelled 120kms.
                Am owning Avy street 220 from 3 weeks. I think you should go for it.. Now chooaing between the cruise and the Street depends on ur personal taste.
                As far as power is concerned I can assure you wil never be disappointed.

                MY bike just went for the first service this morning at 757kms on odo.
                Yesterday while travelling to my Inlaws house, I just wanted to touch the red line once on a staright stretch of this beautiful state highway (Mangalore-padubidri-karkala). Within few seconds I was able to touch 125kmph from 80kmph. My AVY Boy was still eager to go beyond 125kmph but I closed the throttle coz of the speed breakers and again I started crusing at 60-80kmph. It feels awesome when you have so much power in reserve and use it whenevr one wishes to.

                There was nothing to complain as such to mention to the service engineer at this first service.

                I am a happy Avy street 220 customer and I would definately recommend this bike to my friends.

                Comment


                • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                  Engine wise ..I can say that...since am a harsh/rough driver...it's been 4years... No engine complaints yet so far

                  Comment


                  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                    Can anyone tell me the valve clearance of the bajaj avenger 200cc??? Plsssssss

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                      Originally posted by Randolph View Post
                      Can anyone tell me the valve clearance of the bajaj avenger 200cc??? Plsssssss
                      Hope your looking for this info..
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                        Originally posted by sshariq View Post
                        I am a happy Avy street 220 customer and I would definately recommend this bike to my friends.
                        Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                        Engine wise ..I can say that...since am a harsh/rough driver...it's been 4years... No engine complaints yet so far
                        Originally posted by sshariq View Post
                        .

                        HEADLAMPS are good but not good enough to spear the eyes of those idiots who dont even know that there is a dim-dip switch in their vehicles 😨

                        P.S: I Somehow feel that Avenger Cruise handle bar design is far better than Avenger streets.
                        Thanks mates for quick replies ☺

                        Few queries i have, please be kind enough to answer these.

                        * How is the pillion comfort for lady sitting sideways in saree ?

                        *A150S have 4Ah battery whereas A200S have 9Ah battery, what these values stand for and what differnce they make ?

                        * Absense of kick starter matters ?

                        * i read people praising headlamp of Avenger, sshariq bro saying its not good enough, its illumination is low or throw is ?

                        * Do you guys feel the ignition switch and handle lock position awkward and messup to operate.

                        * Can handlebar of cruise series be fixed in street series ?

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                          Originally posted by PremSoni85 View Post
                          Thanks mates for quick replies ☺

                          Few queries i have, please be kind enough to answer these.

                          * How is the pillion comfort for lady sitting sideways in saree ?

                          *A150S have 4Ah battery whereas A200S have 9Ah battery, what these values stand for and what differnce they make ?

                          * Absense of kick starter matters ?

                          * i read people praising headlamp of Avenger, sshariq bro saying its not good enough, its illumination is low or throw is ?

                          * Do you guys feel the ignition switch and handle lock position awkward and messup to operate.

                          * Can handlebar of cruise series be fixed in street series ?
                          Just took the delivery of my AVY 220 street after 1st free service - Bill amount RS.498



                          Pillion sitting with saree position feel it comfortable. Only thing missing is the saree guard extended to foot rest.

                          - just checked with Bajaj mechanis about battery diffrence between 4AH and 9AH, he said "just power differnce"

                          - Absence of kick starter just doesnt matter unless you ignore to maintain the battery.
                          Have you seen kick starters in any of the cars? 😆
                          Bike Jerk start is much easier even if the battery dies and you will never get stranded for this reason.

                          - Headlamp is good when compared to many indian bikes. You dont have to worry about it. Light throw is powerful.
                          Yeah, if you compare it with RE 350's light throw its slightly less.

                          - Ignition switch feels great and is just not messy. Yeah, handle lock wil take a bit of practise.
                          Nothing negative.

                          - Spoke to the mechanic about fixing Avy Cruise handle bar to the Avy Street and he said " It can be fixed but cables also wil have to be changed as the cruisen handles are sliglty lengthier." And he went on to say " Cruise back rests can be fixed directly to the street and it costs around 1.5k"
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions


                            Guys guys will this happen?? Then would be awesome... Plus some serious cosmetic changes needed ... Should look more BULKY!!!
                            Last edited by bencherian; 03-14-2016, 07:28 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                              Originally posted by PremSoni85 View Post
                              yHello mates,

                              I owned pulsar 150 ug3 for 4 years, it was good, sold it to buy scooter, now the bike freak inside me is biting me again to own a bike, at present i handed over scooter to my father, i am looking for a new bike.

                              I was about to buy honda hornet in april, yesterday went for test ride with wife and 3 year old baby girl.

                              My baby likes to sit in between tank and rider, hornet is not comfortable in this matter due to short handlebar.

                              Also my wife doesnt find hornets pillion seat to be that comfortable, seat is heighted as well.

                              So went to bajaj showroom to have a look at avenger series, wife said to buy A220 cruise, but i like the street handlebar, took test rides of 150 and 220 both,

                              150 is good, but i need some more power on tap, i dont drive too fast, drive between 50 to 90 that to touches 90 very ocassionally, but i need to reach that speed faster for overtakes and avoid heavy traffic conditions and then slow down again to 50kmph.

                              I can manage 40-45 mileage, loved the power A200S produces.

                              Now the question is .... i took TD of just 3kms, ride felt comfortable, my height is 5.11 and weight is 72kgs, daily office commute is just 20kms and weekend runabouts are 200kms,

                              Will i be comfortable on that seat with a pillion male / female ?

                              Thank You.

                              PS: wife loves avenger from 2011 since we went on honeymoon and rented avenger at goa, travelled 120kms.
                              Hello Mate
                              Go for Avenger 150 street, I have Street 150 and it really feels good to ride with a pillion rider.. I ride 300 km every weekend from my workplace to my home, its awesome at cruising speed between 60 - 80kmph.. the mileage is 50..

                              Comment


                              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                                Originally posted by sshariq View Post
                                Just took the delivery of my AVY 220 street after 1st free service - Bill amount RS.498



                                Pillion sitting with saree position feel it comfortable. Only thing missing is the saree guard extended to foot rest.

                                - just checked with Bajaj mechanis about battery diffrence between 4AH and 9AH, he said "just power differnce"

                                - Absence of kick starter just doesnt matter unless you ignore to maintain the battery.
                                Have you seen kick starters in any of the cars? 😆
                                Bike Jerk start is much easier even if the battery dies and you will never get stranded for this reason.

                                - Headlamp is good when compared to many indian bikes. You dont have to worry about it. Light throw is powerful.
                                Yeah, if you compare it with RE 350's light throw its slightly less.

                                - Ignition switch feels great and is just not messy. Yeah, handle lock wil take a bit of practise.
                                Nothing negative.

                                - Spoke to the mechanic about fixing Avy Cruise handle bar to the Avy Street and he said " It can be fixed but cables also wil have to be changed as the cruisen handles are sliglty lengthier." And he went on to say " Cruise back rests can be fixed directly to the street and it costs around 1.5k"
                                Great info bro
                                How is the pickup in ur bike after first service, has it reduced ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X