Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Work on your panic braking skills.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • @PSR-happy wala birthday saar.May god bless you with a 4 barrel carb.
    @all-i wil be leaving today by noon,hope to reach by morning.
    @gixxer-I will be bringing the BS 29er with me.
    Socha Toh Locha.

    Comment


    • It was a much better experience crossing Bangalore this time. Sorry guys, couldn't update my status as the schedule turned out to be more hectic that I thought.
      Will try to update my next visit's schedule a bit more in adv.
      2000 Suzuki Fiero | 2004 Bullet Electra | 2004 RX135 | 2005 CBZ | 2009 Karizma | 2009 Punto 1.4 Petrol | 2011 Yamaha YZF-R15

      Nav is back !!!
      Getting Leh'ed. Since 2007...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
        Thanks for explaining, so you have made changes in to feeding petrol in to engine which is giving you a better FE

        Before I forget, Wishing you a Many happy returns of the day

        What are the Adverse Effects ? I mean what if the bike is ripped hard, does the mileage go down more than what it was in stock..

        Man that's fantastic news on the Clutch Plates, My next change whenever it will be is to put Zeus/ Heat's one..

        Job well done bro.. Bidadi's Thatte Idli's bill from my side for this news
        Thanks for your wishes, the drilling of a 0.6 size hole in the center of emulsion tube leans out AF mix slightly, and the mid RPM grunt and acceleration is slightly less..but the increase in FE by 4 to 6 Kms is something I was working on...I had taken the bike to 80 with pillion and the bike did not feel strained, and even acceleration after 3 days of riding seems like before.The plug is like before,and so far no no adverse effect seen(250Kms done).
        The Clutch Plate Find is Awesome...Fantastic find Gixxer.
        Abhi only "Thatte Idli" as treat for the find ? be generous to Anand man ,he had given you salvation.Treat him with a SBK
        When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by velociraptor13 View Post
          @PSR-happy wala birthday saar.May god bless you with a 4 barrel carb.
          @all-i wil be leaving today by noon,hope to reach by morning.
          @gixxer-I will be bringing the BS 29er with me.
          Thanks for the wishes Raptor.....I am not running on Carbs but on injectors..
          When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
            Thanks for the detailed post, I have had a good 35kms ride inside city with 13t sprocket & boy it does wonder in City , It has enough torque to keep me in higher gears unless I come out to a speed breaker or too slow to pick up.

            Yeah I remember NAV putting up here about the Fiero's top speed, the thing is I haven't taken the fiero out on to highway with stock 13t front sprocket & that is why I am not so sure of how she responds thier ( which is why I am asking you to ride down to Bidadi for Steaming hot Idli's this sunday) Once I get on to highway I will know her & see which is best out of 13t,14t & 15t ( after I check this one also) & decide on the best.

            Coming to 13t, since bike now has lot of torque up front, I do not need to revv the bike to gain speed & with a slight twist of throttle I am doing good 40-45kmph which is good with in city

            Coming to Spark Plugs - I might go in for Gpower during my next service..

            Lastly I agree, I will need to change my riding habits & I am sure am a Hard righthander
            I will leave it to you when it comes to these things like carb, engine etc to try it

            Man that's fantastic news on the Clutch Plates, My next change whenever it will be is to put Zeus/ Heat's one..

            Job well done bro.. Bidadi's Thatte Idli's bill from my side for this news
            Firstly,the engine's torque and bhp is where they were,so when you say with the slight throttle the bike moves in higher gears,what's happening is you are hitting the same rev range,that is the gearing is making you hit those revs quickly.
            Yup we can check the Suzuki clutch plates first hand,maybe this week itself.


            Originally posted by nav75 View Post
            It was a much better experience crossing Bangalore this time. Sorry guys, couldn't update my status as the schedule turned out to be more hectic that I thought.
            Will try to update my next visit's schedule a bit more in adv.
            Good to hear that,i guess you must have liked the NICE roads.
            Originally posted by psr View Post
            The Clutch Plate Find is Awesome...Fantastic find Gixxer.
            Abhi only "Thatte Idli" as treat for the find ? be generous to Anand man ,he had given you salvation.Treat him with a SBK
            Yup the clutch plate find is critical and i will confirm it first hand once i get a sample clutch plate of the fiero.Any day i feel that a indian made clutch plate will be better than that of the chinese one we're getting.Besides FCCrico is supplying to all the bike makers of india,so it has to meet the quality standards.
            About the thatte idli treat of Abhi If he treats us with a SBK it will be a roadside affair too,a cash-and-carry roadside pseudo god-knows-what-else bug ridden SBK and i dread to think what will be the state of a guy's family jewels after riding such a heavily bargained SBK. The sight of my friend sitting in a nursing home holding on to drips after such a ride on a cheap SBK in goa is still fresh in my mind.Needless to say,he got STD after a binge drinking spree ride.
            Last edited by gixxer_junkie_m; 01-25-2012, 07:47 PM.
            Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by psr View Post
              Thanks for your wishes, the drilling of a 0.6 size hole in the center of emulsion tube leans out AF mix slightly, and the mid RPM grunt and acceleration is slightly less..but the increase in FE by 4 to 6 Kms is something I was working on...I had taken the bike to 80 with pillion and the bike did not feel strained, and even acceleration after 3 days of riding seems like before.The plug is like before,and so far no no adverse effect seen(250Kms done).
              The Clutch Plate Find is Awesome...Fantastic find Gixxer.
              Abhi only "Thatte Idli" as treat for the find ? be generous to Anand man ,he had given you salvation.Treat him with a SBK
              That;s very good to hear , congratulations for the Modification done

              Lol, Anand has given the difficult task of choosing an SBK for him to his parents & they are on Hunt for the same, Anand is very hard to be pleased so the hunt is taking longer than expected (Just Kidding )

              Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
              Firstly,the engine's torque and bhp is where they were,so when you say with the slight throttle the bike moves in higher gears,what's happening is you are hitting the same rev range,that is the gearing is making you hit those revs quickly.

              Yup we can check the Suzuki clutch plates first hand,maybe this week itself.

              Yup the clutch plate find is critical and i will confirm it first hand once i get a sample clutch plate of the fiero.Any day i feel that a indian made clutch plate will be better than that of the chinese one we're getting.Besides FCCrico is supplying to all the bike makers of india,so it has to meet the quality standards.
              About the thatte idli treat of Abhi If he treats us with a SBK it will be a roadside affair too,a cash-and-carry roadside pseudo god-knows-what-else bug ridden SBK and i dread to think what will be the state of a guy's family jewels after riding such a heavily bargained SBK. The sight of my friend sitting in a nursing home holding on to drips after such a ride on a cheap SBK in goa is still fresh in my mind.Needless to say,he got STD after a binge drinking spree ride.
              Lets wait for the mileage to come out.. Just a mater of time to decide if 13t is best in city than 14t..

              Lol the Nursing home & Drips part
              sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                About the thatte idli treat of Abhi If he treats us with a SBK it will be a roadside affair too,a cash-and-carry roadside pseudo god-knows-what-else bug ridden SBK and i dread to think what will be the state of a guy's family jewels after riding such a heavily bargained SBK. The sight of my friend sitting in a nursing home holding on to drips after such a ride on a cheap SBK in goa is still fresh in my mind.Needless to say,he got STD after a binge drinking spree ride.
                A SBK with bugs

                Dire consequences to the family Jewels

                and SBK ride resulting in injuries necessitating Drips


                priceless...
                When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                Comment


                • Yesterday met gixxer and abhi.Finally Abhi decided to put in the silicon implands for his item(model number,yes it has a model number-BS9),which i had got from mumbai,man this guy sure knows to bargainRode gixxers fiero too.
                  Socha Toh Locha.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by velociraptor13 View Post
                    Yesterday met gixxer and abhi.Finally Abhi decided to put in the silicon implands for his item(model number,yes it has a model number-BS9),which i had got from mumbai,man this guy sure knows to bargainRode gixxers fiero too.
                    Nice to meet you dude. I will be putting the BS29 & check what Improvements it can give on a stock engine.. if the mileage goes down I will stick to Stock one until 180 conversion..

                    Coming to Bargain - Its in the Blood man , anyway it was a win-win combo, remember I had come up as much as you had come down from the quoted price from you ..
                    sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by velociraptor13 View Post
                      Yesterday met gixxer and abhi.Finally Abhi decided to put in the silicon implands for his item(model number,yes it has a model number-BS9),which i had got from mumbai,man this guy sure knows to bargainRode gixxers fiero too.
                      Hope your optimus upgrade went well.

                      @All

                      Today i thought of getting the stock fiero carb ,the MIKUNI 26 bored to 30mm and so took it to a lathe.There was no issue when the venturi was bored to 30 mm ,then i got greedy and told him bore the throat of it to 30mm as well and that ruined the body completely.As the throat/wall near the air intake was oval in shape and when it was bored out to a round shape from the 28mm to 30 it left 2 gaping holes.All is not lost yet,as i will find a 29mm carb's body from the junkyard as the rest of the parts are same for both the 26mm and the 29mm one.A lesson learnt and for now i will keep the 29mm carb which Abhi bought from Rakesh as a spare.
                      I'll upload the ruined carb body's pic tomorrow.
                      Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                      Comment


                      • I saw an update from Joel..Is this your P220(230 ) Velociraptor? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

                        Update on my fiero:
                        Changed the rear tyre to Michelin sirac 3.00-18..Handling is superb now

                        I have problems with the carb..She's returning me very low Mileage
                        Can something be done to the existing carb?
                        Since am a Noob in Carb internals,i just want to know what people mean when they say carb needs to be changed?What exactly will be damaged in the carb in a long run?
                        Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by manubhat View Post
                          Update on my fiero:
                          Changed the rear tyre to Michelin sirac 3.00-18..Handling is superb now

                          I have problems with the carb..She's returning me very low Mileage
                          Can something be done to the existing carb?
                          Since am a Noob in Carb internals,i just want to know what people mean when they say carb needs to be changed?What exactly will be damaged in the carb in a long run?
                          The only moving part which needs to be changed due to wear and tear is usually the slide/diaphragm.Which i believe has already been changed.So there shouldn't be any other problem ,that is, if the she's not 'missing/hickup' in revs(which usually also needs nothing more than tuning).Since the castrol bike zone ppl have told you to change the carb,which shows their incompetence and the usual advise is to ask for the carb replacement to hide it.So i'd suggest you change the service center instead.Get the carb tuned with a co machine at a TVS ASC and that should solve the mileage issue.
                          Last edited by gixxer_junkie_m; 01-28-2012, 04:56 PM.
                          Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gixxer_junkie_m View Post
                            The only moving part which needs to be changed due to wear and tear is usually the slide/diaphragm.Which i believe has already been changed.So there shouldn't be any other problem ,that is, if the she's not 'missing/hickup' in revs(which usually also needs nothing more than tuning).Since the castrol bike zone ppl have told you to change the carb,which shows their incompetence and the usual advise is to ask for the carb replacement to hide it.So i'd suggest you change the service center instead.Get the carb tuned with a co machine at a TVS ASC and that should solve the mileage issue.
                            Thanks for the info bro....I'll get her tuned and post the updates asap..
                            Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
                              Nice to meet you dude. I will be putting the BS29 & check what Improvements it can give on a stock engine.. if the mileage goes down I will stick to Stock one until 180 conversion..

                              Coming to Bargain - Its in the Blood man , anyway it was a win-win combo, remember I had come up as much as you had come down from the quoted price from you ..
                              abhi-never seen a hard bargainer like you man.I was being a bit moody,thanks to not sleeping that night.Yes it was a win-win situation
                              @Gixxer-yes it went well and sorry couldnt call you.I left joels garage by 7:30(got late because of oil leakage issue),thought of calling you but ended up with severe eye irritation,pain and in the end got swollen up.As i said earlier i will be coming to bangalore next month(by flight this time).I can bring the 32 er with me if you need it.By that time you can do some research.
                              @manu-yep its my 220
                              Last edited by velociraptor13; 01-29-2012, 07:32 PM.
                              Socha Toh Locha.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by manubhat View Post
                                Update on my fiero:
                                Changed the rear tyre to Michelin sirac 3.00-18..Handling is superb now
                                My Fiero's M45 at rear will soon need a replacement. Can you share a picture of the tyre and cost?
                                Any info, if Sirac is available in 3.5x18 size as well?
                                I assume, its a tube type only.
                                2000 Suzuki Fiero | 2004 Bullet Electra | 2004 RX135 | 2005 CBZ | 2009 Karizma | 2009 Punto 1.4 Petrol | 2011 Yamaha YZF-R15

                                Nav is back !!!
                                Getting Leh'ed. Since 2007...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X