Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

The slower the vehicle, the quicker it can turn.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sreehari_r1 View Post
    Absolutely, I bought the filter before getting any reviews from our users. Waste of money. You can save money that you have to spend for K&N cleaning kit as well
    K&N performance comes at the expense of the engine wear....here is a link which may be informative.By modifying and fitting a Car's Paper air filter, a higher and Cleaner air flow is possible.
    Debunking the K&N Myth - Why OEM is Better : Nissan Articles
    When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by aargee View Post
      How different is this from Philips Extreme H4 60/55 watts? From what I've heard & read, Philips Extreme provides 80% more bright light & covers 25m more. Is this Osram 4300K better than Philips?

      PS - Reason for asking is to plonk on my Rx that already has a standard Philips H4
      I don't have experience with the Philips extreme 55W so I can't say. I just came back upstairs after plonking in the Osrams 4300K's. Since it is daylight, I can say how better it is as compared to stock bulbs, but the light is now bright white instead of the stock yellow. This is equivalent of the 'Blue vision' light of the Philips, but slightly brighter (4300 vs 4000k).

      Will post an update after I get to ride it tonight.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
        Ha ha... thanks! I will make a trip to Kerala soon. I had plans earlier this month but had to drop out due to work ;(
        Wow! Really?! If you are coming to Kerala (Especially Tvm) at any point of time... give me a shout-out... I'll join you for the ride...

        P.S: I've noted that you dismantle and put back your bike on your own often/for repairs. How do you do it? I would like to do the same but I don't want to mess up the bike so I take it to a workshop/service centre... how did you start off with it?! i mean, i've felt it would be really useful if I could fix my bike on my own instead taking it to a SVC/WS....
        Last edited by The Celebrity; 02-05-2011, 05:23 PM.
        To be The Best, You got to beat The Celebrity...
        xBHP Trivandrum ICE sheet
        - RX 100 ('87)
        - Ninja 250 ('10)
        - Impulse ('11)
        - Tiger 800 ('20)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Celebrity View Post
          Wow! Really?! If you are coming to Kerala (Especially Tvm) at any point of time... give me a shout-out... I'll join you for the ride...

          P.S: I've noted that you dismantle and put back your bike on your own often/for repairs. How do you do it? I would like to do the same but I don't want to mess up the bike so I take it to a workshop/service centre... how did you start off with it?! i mean, i've felt it would be really useful if I could fix my bike on my own instead taking it to a SVC/WS....
          Sure buddy, I will give you a heads up if I plan to ride in God's own country!

          How do I dismantle my bike? I use a set of allen keys and a screwdriver

          On a more serious note, I think the first thing you should do is get the service manual of the Ninja 250R. It has step by step instructions on maintenance. You should have a good tool kit - I have a PowerBuilt 101 piece set which can take apart the Ninja 250R to the piston provided I know how to do it!

          And lastly, the fear of failure should be an abstract notion when you start opening the bike. But make sure you know all the steps before hand(manual), and re-trace everything backwards when you start putting the bike back again. You WILL make mistakes, but after a few tries you will get so comfortable, it's like taking off your T-Shirt. After changing the bulbs today, now I can change the bulbs WITHOUT even taking the fairing off.

          This is what I did to my bike in the first 3 hours of buying my bike

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
            Sure buddy, I will give you a heads up if I plan to ride in God's own country!

            How do I dismantle my bike? I use a set of allen keys and a screwdriver

            On a more serious note, I think the first thing you should do is get the service manual of the Ninja 250R. It has step by step instructions on maintenance. You should have a good tool kit - I have a PowerBuilt 101 piece set which can take apart the Ninja 250R to the piston provided I know how to do it!

            And lastly, the fear of failure should be an abstract notion when you start opening the bike. But make sure you know all the steps before hand(manual), and re-trace everything backwards when you start putting the bike back again. You WILL make mistakes, but after a few tries you will get so comfortable, it's like taking off your T-Shirt. After changing the bulbs today, now I can change the bulbs WITHOUT even taking the fairing off.

            This is what I did to my bike in the first 3 hours of buying my bike

            hmm, thank you for sharing your secret. Where did you get the 'Service manual' from?! I have only the 'Owner's Manual'... I have seen posts with link to Service Manual in the thread but all were dead when i tried to access them. Do you have a soft copy or a working link to share?

            I've read through your post on the rear tail replacement long back. If i'm not wrong you had got the Green rear tails long before the delivery of your bike, correct? I'm planning on getting my mine painted after checking for it's labour charge at the SVC.... If buying the new ones are cheaper then I will buy the Green ones...
            To be The Best, You got to beat The Celebrity...
            xBHP Trivandrum ICE sheet
            - RX 100 ('87)
            - Ninja 250 ('10)
            - Impulse ('11)
            - Tiger 800 ('20)

            Comment


            • pm me your email address and I will send across the manual to you. That way I have a back-up and can count on you to mail it back to me!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Yasser View Post
                I was told the ''Motul' Fully Synth is good for 6000 kms and thus the logic that although it is expensive to buy, it actually works out cheaper.

                Having a problem with my battery too..when the upper beam is on (i.e both lights running) the horn sounds so weak..I actually feel ashamed to use it. Did any of you have this problem? Do you guys think I can get a replacement for the battery? its less than a year old.

                About the horn , yes many a times i also get a weak sound... do not know the reason about it but discussed it with Prasanna and he says it is normal..

                Do all of you get that weak sound.
                RIP Marco

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                  pm me your email address and I will send across the manual to you. That way I have a back-up and can count on you to mail it back to me!
                  Its good to have more than one backup. Send it to me as well

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                    pm me your email address and I will send across the manual to you. That way I have a back-up and can count on you to mail it back to me!
                    smart move...

                    Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
                    Its good to have more than one backup. Send it to me as well
                    I wonder how many others would like to join...
                    To be The Best, You got to beat The Celebrity...
                    xBHP Trivandrum ICE sheet
                    - RX 100 ('87)
                    - Ninja 250 ('10)
                    - Impulse ('11)
                    - Tiger 800 ('20)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sreehari_r1 View Post
                      Also Turtle/ArmorAll wax/polish, 3M body films etc available there, if any want to buy.
                      Please let me know where this shop is located. I am desperately looking for paint protection film.

                      Originally posted by aargee View Post
                      Happy Birthday N_ADITYA. Wishing you many more munching miles this year
                      Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
                      And Happy Birthday Aditya.
                      Thanks a ton guys for the wonderful wishes.

                      Originally posted by vkuchhal View Post
                      Do all of you get that weak sound.
                      I do. When i am riding in thick traffic the horn does sound weak. Even with just the low beam. It is probably due to the fans running which puts additional load on the battery.

                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------

                      I am keeping an eye out for the headlight bulb upgrade. Although the stock lamps are good, an upgrade could be better and safer. Do post the reviews guys and thnx in advance.
                      ATGATT - Because hospital ceilings are boring !!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Hyperion View Post
                        Its good to have more than one backup. Send it to me as well
                        I can't send this via pm...8MB file. Send me your email id, I will email it to you

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                          I don't have experience with the Philips extreme 55W so I can't say.
                          Hmmm...I just plonked it a few minutes ago & couldn't notice much difference between the std 55/60 & this one. However from the throw perspective, extreme has an extreme throw , it reaches wide on low beam & very long on high beam.

                          Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                          but the light is now bright white instead of the stock yellow.
                          Damn me!!! This is what I was expecting when I bought the extreme . Can you share (PM or post) the cost of the Osram's pls?

                          Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                          Will post an update after I get to ride it tonight.
                          Appreciate your help, as always I do
                          Skill is what keeps you on a Motorcycle
                          Awareness + Skill is what keeps you out of harm's way
                          ATGATT + Awareness + Skill means you might Live To Ride another day

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by n_aditya View Post
                            Please let me know where this shop is located. I am desperately looking for paint protection film.





                            Thanks a ton guys for the wonderful wishes.



                            I do. When i am riding in thick traffic the horn does sound weak. Even with just the low beam. It is probably due to the fans running which puts additional load on the battery.

                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------

                            I am keeping an eye out for the headlight bulb upgrade. Although the stock lamps are good, an upgrade could be better and safer. Do post the reviews guys and thnx in advance.

                            Belated happy b'day Aditya bhai..

                            I searched for this shop in google maps and it showed me the location somwhere near kormangala BDA complex, if this is the same shop..

                            Do let me know when you are planning to take it , i will always be ready to join in..

                            And for the horn... for my bike the intensity is low even when the engine fan is not running like if the needle in at 25% level or so..
                            RIP Marco

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                              The reason how dust particles stick to the air filter is the oil which is applied to the filter element. The K&N filter has a better, uniform layer of oil on its surface, hence the dust sticks easily. The Oil applied on the foam element starts dripping down due to gravity so if you notice, the stock filter gets dirty only on the lower half of the filter. Sometimes the oil drips out of the filter cover too.



                              I am going to Hyderabad and then back - day trip of 1200+ kms... let me know if you're interested. I am going to start in the morning, reach by noon, have lunch with an old friend and then return to Bangalore by 8pm types.



                              Though the service manual states otherwise, it is necessary in India to change your oil every service. Not because it loses viscosity, but because its gets very dirty due to dust and other microscopic elements which are part of our riding environment. Not all dust is trapped in the air filter, some get in.

                              Pardon me Rahul, Correct me if i am wrong...

                              The air filter is their to prevent the dust from going into the combustion chamber and where the AIR/Fuel is mixed in a ratio to be burnt and not on the Engine oil side... Right?
                              RIP Marco

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bluevolt View Post
                                I can't send this via pm...8MB file. Send me your email id, I will email it to you
                                For me too ([email protected])
                                B o D a C i O u S

                                Wander logue

                                Grand Southern Raid | Munnar | Yercaud | Ootacamund

                                The increase in performance is directly proportional to the size of the hole in your pocket :D

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X