Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Hot days = molten tar = slip/slide.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [QUOTE=velociraptor13;573332]
    Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
    chief take care man and get well soon,as the ceat tyre ad says roads are full of idiots.
    Idiots are everywhere but the most dangerous ones are on road.
    speed thrills but kills if you dont have skills

    Hero Honda PGM-FI service manual:
    http://www.ziddu.com/download/157801...EBOOK.pdf.html

    A real biker rides with other bikers,
    not against them...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
      @NANOtechnology: I found the spare part nos.of the P135 switch assemblies from here: http://winauto.terapad.com/resources/35263/assets/documents/PULSAR135LSSPC.pdf

      Can you please find out the price of the switch assemblies, i.e., part no. JF 4014 00 and JF 4014 01?
      From the blow-up diagram, it doesn't look like any other wire is needed. Maybe you can check in the electrical diagram given in the same document?

      I confirmed with nin from the P135 thread that they are not self-cancelling type, i.e., analogue. So we can go ahead, once we figure out what to do about the choke lever, provided the relay is built into the same switch assembly&powered by the same wire that runs to the switch.

      I'm waiting for your update about the choke lever, and relay too!
      It would work, as even i confirmed the same.
      i couldn't find any diagram of the switch particularly, let me know the page number.

      regarding the cost, I'll ask it soon and let you know too.
      besides, maybe I'll give my bike for all these works this weekend itself.
      so, just a few more days wait.

      once i have the thing in my hand, it would be much easier to guide you, I'll do it definitely and that too very soon, so don't worry.
      I'll find a way and let you know too.

      Don't worry about the relay, its meant for the Flashing purposes, and the back-light will be tapped from the pilot lamp wire.

      @ rakesh

      If you head to a nearest bajaj showroom for any reason, do ask for the cost and let me know.

      @ all

      You guys too can ask for its price.

      and yes, that bike has an auto choke, so for choke leaver we'll have to install a separate switch kinda thing.
      I recommend Sarvajit to install a choke knob on the carb itself, similar to what i have, can this be done on a stock BS26 carb ?
      the switches are already too big, extra leaver will not look very good.
      Giving a lot to a fiero.
      Expecting a lot from a fiero.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
        It would work, as even i confirmed the same.
        i couldn't find any diagram of the switch particularly, let me know the page number.

        regarding the cost, I'll ask it soon and let you know too.
        besides, maybe I'll give my bike for all these works this weekend itself.
        so, just a few more days wait.

        once i have the thing in my hand, it would be much easier to guide you, I'll do it definitely and that too very soon, so don't worry.
        I'll find a way and let you know too.

        Don't worry about the relay, its meant for the Flashing purposes, and the back-light will be tapped from the pilot lamp wire.

        @ rakesh

        If you head to a nearest bajaj showroom for any reason, do ask for the cost and let me know.

        @ all

        You guys too can ask for its price.

        and yes, that bike has an auto choke, so for choke leaver we'll have to install a separate switch kinda thing.
        I recommend Sarvajit to install a choke knob on the carb itself, similar to what i have, can this be done on a stock BS26 carb ?
        the switches are already too big, extra leaver will not look very good.
        So your TCI conversion idea got dropped eh?
        Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

        Comment


        • Something BIG is coming very very soon.
          TCI might follow as an add-on.

          Besides i still have that starting doubt, if it doesn't turn into an argument, i would like to let you know what i have learnt about it so far, and would like to increase my knowledge about it to a path of clarity.

          With your permission, should i start discussing about it ?
          Giving a lot to a fiero.
          Expecting a lot from a fiero.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
            Something BIG is coming very very soon.
            TCI might follow as an add-on.

            Besides i still have that starting doubt, if it doesn't turn into an argument, i would like to let you know what i have learnt about it so far, and would like to increase my knowledge about it to a path of clarity.

            With your permission, should i start discussing about it ?
            Go on buddy i mistook your words as a argument last time around.This time around ,we'll try our best to clear up your doubts.As you know,i have tried out things regarding without battery workings etc and so have others.So except that if you have any doubts ,you can put it and someone or the other will answer them if i can't do it properly in a very technical manner.
            Life begins, once you hit the power band !!

            Comment


            • @NANOtechnology: Thanks for the inputs. I will be waiting to hear your 1st hand experiences.
              As for the choke lever, I went downstairs&checked it out-it is NOT attached to the LHS switch assembly, so I guess it can be left as it is. It should work fine, unless the height of the P135 switch side part is too much to allow free movement of the choke lever.
              Please have a look&lemme know.
              What did you do with the old choke lever, considering you haven't changed the LHS switch assembly?
              Quench my thirst with gasoline!

              Comment


              • Thank you all for the wishes.

                Some pictures of bike.





                Comment


                • @ imjoshee

                  Awesome color.
                  Nice steed.

                  @ sarvajit

                  The old choke lever is inside the LHS assembly, i just got rid of the wire, the lever is still there, doesn't serve any purpose though.
                  My choke is on the carb itself.

                  @ all

                  Apart from asking a few things to people and knowing a few things from other's experiences, let me put up MY experiences first.

                  We're talking about the classic fiero here.
                  It starts without the battery, i have checked it myself, and yes you guys were right.
                  But i still don't understand how Vishal's and Vikas's bike didn't, forget that, I've started one suzuki fiero without a battery myself, so i am pretty much convinced about that.

                  1 more thing i would like to mention is that I've got many coils rewinded to convert the bikes to all DC, and so far all has been successful.
                  now the strange thing here is, that when we rewind the coil, we remove the complete stator's copper wiring and replace it with a new wire, 1 single wire across all the poles.

                  When this job is done, we fix the stator back, go to the mech with our new RR unit and the new coil's output wires (which are already disconnected from the stock RR connector, even the stock RR is disconnected) are placed as an input to new RR unit.

                  before we install the new RR, our ride till the mech is without the coil supplying anything as the wires are left as it is, without any new or old RR unit and new connectors are still not in place.

                  But we ride with the stator completely disconnected.
                  the bike still starts.
                  SAME IS THE CASE WITH RTR TOO.

                  So if the disconnected coil can start the bike, the disconnected battery can start the bike, the only thing left is the pulse generator.
                  but the pulse generator cannot produce enough voltage to light up the spark plug.

                  If we consider any capacitors or the CDI too, then isn't our stator COMPLETELY disconnected as its newly rewinded and both of its outputs are still not connected to anything, neither the CDI, the only thing connected to the CDI here is the pulse generator (green connector) !!!

                  So what on earth makes the spark come alive ?
                  Giving a lot to a fiero.
                  Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                  Comment


                  • @IMJOSHEE

                    Wow! bro that's a real beauty ... congrats once again. keep visiting this site bro as I'm sure you will be keeping your Fiero too. Right?

                    @NANOtech ... Ya bro it's a point to ponder ... well I don't have the slightest idea. At least it's good to know that the bike can be started without batteries (though I have yet to try) and can produce sparks without the CDI. I wish someone could explain this phenomenon.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                      So if the disconnected coil can start the bike, the disconnected battery can start the bike, the only thing left is the pulse generator.
                      but the pulse generator cannot produce enough voltage to light up the spark plug.

                      If we consider any capacitors or the CDI too, then isn't our stator COMPLETELY disconnected as its newly rewinded and both of its outputs are still not connected to anything, neither the CDI, the only thing connected to the CDI here is the pulse generator (green connector) !!!

                      So what on earth makes the spark come alive ?
                      You have tried once without Stator connected,and once without battery conected...but have you tried starting at any time without both stator and battery connection ? try and post.
                      When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                        So if the disconnected coil can start the bike, the disconnected battery can start the bike, the only thing left is the pulse generator.
                        but the pulse generator cannot produce enough voltage to light up the spark plug.

                        If we consider any capacitors or the CDI too, then isn't our stator COMPLETELY disconnected as its newly rewinded and both of its outputs are still not connected to anything, neither the CDI, the only thing connected to the CDI here is the pulse generator (green connector) !!!

                        So what on earth makes the spark come alive ?
                        I think the following is the classic Fiero stator...please clarify..
                        When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                        Comment


                        • Yes, that's the one.

                          The green connector belongs to the black pulse generator, the main red connector is the coil output wires which leads to the RR unit.
                          Giving a lot to a fiero.
                          Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NANOtechnology View Post
                            Yes, that's the one.

                            The green connector belongs to the black pulse generator, the main red connector is the coil output wires which leads to the RR unit.
                            There is no High Voltage generator coil in the Stator...so it is DC CDI..Supply to CDI is either from Battery or the Stator..if both are not there it will not start.
                            When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                            Comment


                            • Fiero F2/FX

                              Here is the Feiro FX/F2 stator ..note the HV coil in yellow.
                              When Was The Last Time,You Did Something For The First Time.

                              Comment


                              • That's the query, how can it be both ?
                                if the battery is disconnected, isn't it true that the coil output wires need a load ?
                                so how can the same coil output wire reach the battery, as well as reach the CDI ?
                                i assume it must be the same wire, so if disconnected from 1 place, isn't it disconnected from other too, as if you happen to see the connector, you'll realize that only 2 wires lead to the battery, and other 2 lead to the headlight which is on AC.
                                Giving a lot to a fiero.
                                Expecting a lot from a fiero.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X